It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Trump doesn't intend to win?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So everyone is amazed at the fact that Donald Trump is running for president in 2016. Many see trump as an egotistical A$$ with narcissistic tendencies and many see him as a straight talking alternative to our current slew of bought and paid for potential nominees. I ask ATS whether or not both sides of that argument are wrong and the agenda is much more than just that….

In my opinion, the main point to remember about Donald Trump is the point that many have seemingly forgotten: Donald Trump is a businessman.

Irrespective of what anyone thinks of him personally, it would be shortsighted to discount his business achievements. I am sure some smaller minded myopic posters will try the, ‘He filed bankruptcy 4 times’ argument however, I will leave those comments alone as anyone with more than 3 living brain cells has already gotten to the bottom of that one or will know how to find out (hint, Google it and read carefully).

I am talking about another potential situation relating to D, Trump’s candidacy. A theory if you will that simply focuses on what D. Trump stands for and repeats every time he is near media. Trump is all about business. I’ll say it again, Trump is all about BUSINESS and this is where the theory starts:

“Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.”

It is well documented and often overlooked that Trump has and has hade very good personal relations with the Clintons.

Clinton Relations

Trump has donated funds to the Clinton Foundation as well as invited the Clintons to his wedding in 2005. As a matter of fact Trump has donated most of his political donations to Democrats over the years the following quote may explain his thoughts:

“So, what am I going to do, contribute to Republicans? Am I going to contribute to, I mean, one thing I’m not stupid. Am I going to contribute to a Republican for my whole life when they get, they run against some Democrat. And the most they can get is one percent of the vote,”

As we all remember, Trump considered running in 2011 when it looked like the Democratic Party might face some challenges from the Republican party. Eventually he did not run due to poor standing of the Republicans and a divided voting base disgusted with the unequal treatment of potential candidates (in comes the Ron Paul campaign). Could it be that Trump did not need to run because the Ruckus that John McCain, and Ron Paul caused dividing the Republican voting base and causing a record low of voter turnout?

Bipartisan Policy Center

My theory is that Donald Trump is entering the race and making brash (some would say foolish) statements, which get media attention. We all know that media attention given in one direction sometimes is used to misdirect attention from other issues (such as Hillary’s current problems). Let’s see how many times Trump says something outrageous while Hillary is speaking to congress or some other problem with the DNC is happening….

After all, The Donald IS a businessman and we all know having a good friend in the White House is a good business relationship to have; especially if you have helped them get there.

“I'm a bit of a P. T. Barnum. I make stars out of everyone.”

As this is only a theory, I do not see any need for heated debate however if that is the mood you are in then fire away (been there myself). I would like to hear what other members think of this theory and welcome comments of almost any kind (personal opinions of whether he would be a good president or not are really irrelevant in this thread as well as political ideals (there are many other threads to discuss that stuff).

I’ll leave the introduction to this theory with a final quote from Donald Trump:

“In the end, you're measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplish.”

What does the ATS enlightened crowd have to say?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I've toyed with the idea of him being a stalking horse. Just not sure who he'd be stalking for.

There are two ways to look at it - He's not serious and distracting/drawing attention so that the media pays more attention to him than the other candidates until quite late in the race. During the last two races, the candidates were savaged long before the actual race began.

Or your theory.

It all depends, IMO, with how disgusted he actually has been with the Obama administration and whether or not he thinks the Hillary admin would be a continuation of that. He is a businessmen, and if it's been bad for business or will be bad for business, he could lose even in winning with your theory.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
pretty much exactly what I said before

My thread Vetting Trump, called out all these inconsistencies with him and his past and where his money goes....it seems that my conservative brethren love the mantra "follow the money" unless its about Trump, then they go full retard.....

A shame....

Myself and many others here have called him a Trojan Horse.......

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I've toyed with the idea of him being a stalking horse. Just not sure who he'd be stalking for.

There are two ways to look at it - He's not serious and distracting/drawing attention so that the media pays more attention to him than the other candidates until quite late in the race. During the last two races, the candidates were savaged long before the actual race began.

Or your theory.

It all depends, IMO, with how disgusted he actually has been with the Obama administration and whether or not he thinks the Hillary admin would be a continuation of that. He is a businessmen, and if it's been bad for business or will be bad for business, he could lose even in winning with your theory.

With all the money hes Donated to the Clintons, hes not going to lose anything if shes elected, he stands to gain a lot....

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I know, that's why I say I'm not sure.

Remember, Reagan was a Democrat.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

He's a businessman. They plan long-term. How much do you gain if the country goes belly up?

I'm not sure, but how much of an international businessman is Trump. Most of his holdings are here aren't they?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I know, that's why I say I'm not sure.

Remember, Reagan was a Democrat.

Was but how long was it from when he was to when he switched to when he became president? Not only that his policies and he repeatedly spoke about it.......

Trump has tried to bury his past, he hasnt been forthcoming with any of it......

Huge difference........

Trump is no Reagan

even if you didnt LIKE Reagan, youd say hes no Reagan

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Thanks for your comment. We all know that Trump is a businessman and he also knows that running a country is not what is going to make him a better businessman or necessarily more money. He would however, benefit from a Clinton (long time friend) in the oval office. If you look at his political ideals over time, he waffled on almost every one except making money; that may because making money is business.
It is just a theory however I feel it is a theory that has merits and is potentially as valid, if not more, than him seriously running for office while pissing off the media.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The main reason why I have never considered for a second that he actually wanted to be elected is because I simply can't imagine him giving up control of his businesses.

I am pretty sure he wouldn't be able to run his companies as POTUS due to conflict of interest.

Maybe I am wrong about the guy and he would give up trump towers and such, but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

My thread Vetting Trump, called out all these inconsistencies with him and his past and where his money goes....it seems that my conservative brethren love the mantra "follow the money" unless its about Trump, then they go full retard.....

A shame....

Darn, I thought I was being original here…

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack anyone else's thread and if this is a largely held opinion, I am glad to have joined the crowd; it just seems to fit.
Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them on other threads.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
I agree, for trump it is the thrill of the deal and the rewards upon success; with running for office, he cannot delegate much (which means he will be inundated with tedious tasks personally) and if he does win, he gets a crappy job for very little money cleaning up other president's crap and baggage.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

A shame....

Darn, I thought I was being original here…

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack anyone else's thread and if this is a largely held opinion, I am glad to have joined the crowd; it just seems to fit.
Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them on other threads.

Brother you are, Even better, youre stringin things together that few have done so far..........Just a hand full

You didnt hijack anything, and I appreciate your thread too, the more we can call attention to inconsistencies the better!

Keep up the good work and keep digging, maybe youll find something we missed...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'll make myself perfectly clear: I have no real intention of voting for Trump. I'm just enjoying the show and wishing some of the other contenders would take notes on growing a spine.

I do think a Trump v. Biden, no holds barred smackdown, full-contact Jell-O debate would be enormously entertaining and likely make a mint on pay per view.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Distraction. Trump is the master when it comes to diverting looky-loos to where he wants them. A sound, and likely factual theory!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Jeb will win. So enjoy the circus while it lasts. Times are a changing...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Jeb will win. So enjoy the circus while it lasts. Times are a changing...

I don't intend to vote for him, either.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I would pay for that show however, Biden has already been told quite clearly that he will never get the DNC nomination. Too bad though, the debate would have given Saturday Night Live a run for it's money!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If he casts any more dispersions on Queen Hillary she may well have the Jesters head on a plate,he is in dangerous territory.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Kobayashi Maru.

“Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.”

I think maybe NMRN has discovered that The Donald can channel Gene Rodenberry.

Seriously, I think you are spot on. The thread is bigger, badder, and better.
Kudos to the OP.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
I didn't see it that way however now that you mention it…
THing is the only way to beat the Kobayashi Maru was to cheat so that could be applied to every single thing that happens in politics.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join