It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with Ex-Baltimore Cop about Police Abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is a great interview with ex-marine, ex-Baltimore Cop Michael A. Wood, Jr. about the trend of Police Abuse of Power, Racism and the "Us or Them" mentality of Cops today. He's worked various positions including Narcotics and gives an inside look from what it's like on the inside as a cop and what's wrong with the force today. He explains why we are all considered "Them" to police and why they target poor black neighborhoods with unequal force. For those who still don't understand what "institutionalized racism" is or believe it exists. He even talks about why we need to get money out of politics before anything will ever change.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yeah, I heard about this guy last month and created this thread after he started tweeting and calling out all the abused of power and corruption in the department.

And it confirms what many of us have been saying all along.

Thanks for the interview.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm watching the even longer interview with him and Joe Rogan now. If you want to use this interview or link this to your other thread feel free.

I think a lot of people need to see and listen to what this guy has to say. Especially because he once did many of the horrible things that he's talking about now and standing up against. It gives a very real perspective on what's going on.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this. It's honestly pretty scary when you think about it.

I think many people here already know/expect this from LEO, but to hear it from an ex-officer first hand really adds some meat to it.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Dammit! I wanted to hear what the guy had to say, but I just can't stomach TYT commentary anymore. Do you have another source?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yah, this is a different interview but covers the same things actually in a little more depth too. It's quite a bit longer but you don't have to listen to the entire thing to understand what's going on.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Great vid, thx for posting.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Good examples of a failed government department.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The problem is that not everyone in Government or Law Enforcement or other Institutions that see it as a failed department. To them it's doing exactly what they want it to.

However, if you're the majority of people and are being abused in one way or another because of it, it's obviously failed.

The difficult is how to change it being that like everything, it's being supported by Big Money and Big Power because they are the ones who aren't effected by it at all. It's a cycle that keeps alive by self reinforcement.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well it's no surprise that the police can and do act deferentially, but what is even more worse is that they could fail to respond quickly enough to one of their own if the face doesn't fit well enough. It is corrupt and giving over to evil.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Great interview. You'd think that the people that deny black people are treated differently by cops would have great interest. A very telling silence. They know the truth, they don't care.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Thanks but that one is about 2 hours longer than my attention span, and even though I'm a Joe Rogan fan, I decided to watch the TYT video instead. There were a couple of instances where he interrupted the guy to pull him back into the proper progressive narrative, but for the most part it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. He's much more palatable when he's interviewing someone than when he's dissecting a news report and injecting his biased, whitey hating, conservative hating, cop hating opinions.

I did take offense to his comments on North Phillie and Baltimore though. Like why is it perfectly okay for him to get all nervous and in a hurry because of those people's "aggressive stares", but if one of the exact same people were to approach my vehicle, I'm a no good freaking racist if I lock my door?

As far as the ex-cop goes, I'm sure I took away from his stories something completely different than what you took away from them. In fact, with just one or two statements he pretty much summed up an undeniable truth that's almost impossible to even mention here without getting ganged up on and shamed into silence by our resident progressive political activists...

37:43
"At one time I was a shift commander and I told my guys 'Stop pulling over these stupid car stops', like I would see guys pulling over a cute girl or they would pull over an old lady or something like that, and I'm like 'look, you're not getting drugs and guns out of these cars. Stop. We're in Baltimore. We focus on who commits crimes in Baltimore.' Who commits crimes in Baltimore? 16 to 24 year old black males commit crimes in Baltimore."

That is the cold hard truth and he doesn't even attempt to deny it. Instead he goes into white cop guilt mode and tries to explain WHY. And his explanation is probably the most pathetic misconception that I've ever heard in my life.

edit on 26-7-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join