It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul attempts to fast-track rule 14 to defund Planned Parenthood after controversial videos.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Enrollees are Guaranteed Access to Varied Coverage in the Exchanges. The Secretary
must ensure that in each Exchange, there is at least one plan available that covers abortions
beyond those allowed by Hyde and at least one plan that does not cover abortions beyond
those permitted by Hyde.

No Preemption of State or Federal Laws Regarding Abortion. The bill stipulates there is
no preemption of State laws regarding abortion coverage, funding or procedural requirements
on abortion like parental notification or consent. Similarly, the bill stipulates that there is no
preemption of Federal laws regarding abortion, including federal conscience protections,
civil rights laws, or EMTALA.

Conscience Protections for Providers and Facilities. Individual health care providers and
health care facilities may not be discriminated against because of a willingness or
unwillingness to provide, pay for, provide coverage of, or refer for abortions.

SOURCE

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I used to work in a commercial complex directly across an open courtyard from a PP.

Screams of the pro-life protesters got to ya, eh? I see!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: beezzer

TaDa! Enter Planned Parenthood to be the ones that actually TAKE that insurance! You don't the federal government to start forcing private clinics to offer abortion services, do you?

Why don't other places want to do it? Guess they must be haters too, huh?

If Planned Parenthood is willing to the dirty job, that others don't want to do, why not let them do it? It's a legal and justifiable service, safe, affordable and accessible to low income and uninsured women.

There are no uninsured women.

Obamacare, remember? It's the law.

Also, illegals now get Obamacare. So just go somewhere else. Planned Parenthood only does 3% anyways.

It's really such a tiny number.

Why the big deal over such a tiny fraction?

Perhaps the "big deal" is over the other 97% percent of care that Planned Parenthood provides?

Star.
The entire point of the thread is about that 97% as well...

I thought I was clear enough in that in the OP.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I was addressing his claim that he was board certified. Apparently, he is not and only certified by the group he started.

He had been certified by that group, and is no longer. That is what I was addressing.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I was addressing his claim that he was board certified. Apparently, he is not and only certified by the group he started.

He had been certified by that group, and is no longer. That is what I was addressing.

indeed he was and is not by that group any longer.....

I was addressing the other poster, who posted a Salon article , and made the accusation that he could not pass it, indeed failed and so started his own

Which was false
edit on 7/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That would take a lot of reconciling differences between all on the spectrum to call for it as a Nation...

Like what happened in here in the UK with the EU referendum...

If there wasn't enough noise from all political party followers it wouldn't have been secured.

Partisan difference needs to go by the wayside for that to happen.

I hope you can all get that.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You cannot compare the atrocities that PP has been accused of to a purported HIV outbreak. Oh wait, you just did.

Yes I can and did and you should look into it instead of spouting nonsense because it was a pretty massive topic before you signed up.

Indiana, PP, HIV, Google.
There you go.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Where did you go? no apology for being wrong? No apology for the false accusation?

No apology for being snarky with me even though your claim was the one that was wrong?

Just abandon ship?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

All due respect, but you did not really prove anything. All you did is post a quote with no link to it's source.

I don't have a reason to believe that he failed certification tests, but what he did do was just as bad an shady to say the least. While LeatherNLace may have been wrong on that one particular point, the overall premise of their post was to highlight that Paul created his own "Board" and Paul's claims of being "board certified" are completely false.

Sadly, your post above shows a lack of humility, respect and is reminiscent of a teenage boy that puffs his chest and says "Oh ya, what you got now".

Confidence is admirable. Arrogance is for the unintelligent.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join