It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul attempts to fast-track rule 14 to defund Planned Parenthood after controversial videos.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So? What's your point? Your tax dollars don't cover abortion, not those performed by Planned Parenthood nor by a private hospital.

so you know for a FACT that NONE of the 500k plus money they get in from taxes makes its way to that huh?

Theres no way that with ALL That money coming in there, that some of it doesnt get used in other ways.....

The gov cant even keep up with what the VA does with its money , much less PP funneling...

dont buy it for a second

But im sure a full investigation will clear that up , and they will be all clear.....

You know, since they are such a stand up organization
edit on 7/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

TaDa! Enter Planned Parenthood to be the ones that actually TAKE that insurance! You don't the federal government to start forcing private clinics to offer abortion services, do you?

If Planned Parenthood is willing to the dirty job, that others don't want to do, why not let them do it? It's a legal and justifiable service, safe, affordable and accessible to low income and uninsured women.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

so you know for a FACT that NONE of the 500k plus money they get in from taxes makes its way to that huh?

That's the law. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

So, we should defund the VA?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That's the law. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

So, we should defund the VA?

Law also says they might be in violation for selling baby parts........

How often to organizations violate the law?

I dont have any evidence at that point, but I do have evidence that they could definitely be doing some questionable things...

You think thats outside the realm of possibility with how they allocate their tax dollars?

Seems a bit short sighted to me

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

If Planned Parenthood is willing to the dirty job, that others don't want to do, why not let them do it? It's a legal and justifiable service, safe, affordable and accessible to low income and uninsured women.

Except thats not the case, other places do it too.......

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Grimpachi

actually no whats available is all the way up to 2014, but you clearly didnt want to look up those numbers,

I just posted for you numbers from 2013 so I didnt "make up" anything

As far as federal funding it has already been pointed out to you through the hyde amendment they can not use federal funds for abortions so the donations are what's used in lieu of federal funds.

So then whats the problem?

And you still don't post the link?

Here is the link I found for 2014 seems it is still short of the multi-billions you claimed. It looks like federal funds falls short of a billion.

pp

June 2013 and 2014, Planned Parenthood received $528.4 million in public funding, a big chunk of its $1.3 billion national budget.

That $528.4 million figure covers both state and federal funding, and Planned Parenthood does not publicly break out how much money it gets just from federal funding. The best estimate arguably comes from the Government Accountability Office, which estimated that Planned Parenthood received $105 million in federal funding in 2012.

Thanks for having me look it up because the numbers are far lower than I originally said they were.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

TaDa! Enter Planned Parenthood to be the ones that actually TAKE that insurance! You don't the federal government to start forcing private clinics to offer abortion services, do you?

Why don't other places want to do it? Guess they must be haters too, huh?

There are no uninsured women.

Obamacare, remember? It's the law.

Also, illegals now get Obamacare. So just go somewhere else. Planned Parenthood only does 3% anyways.

It's really such a tiny number.

Why the big deal over such a tiny fraction?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Also, I see Republicans are really going for women's votes again this cycle.

What was it, Bobby Jindal (of all ironic sources) said ... "stop being the stupid party"?

Whatever your religious restrictions are and your political programming, PP served 4.5 Million people last year ... most of them will not find care anywhere else. Because they won't.

But, how will these people vote in 2016, do you wonder? Not only these 4.5 million, but the 53% of voters polled that support Planned Parenthood?

“Fifty-three percent (53%) of voters share a favorable opinion of Planned Parenthood, including 28% with a Very Favorable view. The organization is seen unfavorably by 37%, with 25% who hold a Very Unfavorable opinion of it,” Rasmussen indicated.

This, by the way is reported (from a Rasmussen poll) from lifenews.c om.

But, y'all keep goin' ... you know the American Electorate never shifts their allegiances when they're inconvenienced ... or anything.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

LOL. Not that again?

Defund them em! (shakes fist at sky)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

you keep going back to the same adhomonim about me saying "multibillion" even after I clarified my answer and posted the stats....

Seems like instead of the issue, you have more of a personal beef........

I posted the stats and they are accurate

I cant help it if you dont like them

Get over it

link   

originally posted by: beezzer

There are no uninsured women.

Obamacare, remember? It's the law.

Also, illegals now get Obamacare. So just go somewhere else. Planned Parenthood only does 3% anyways.

It's really such a tiny number.

Why the big deal over such a tiny fraction?

Perhaps the "big deal" is over the other 97% percent of care that Planned Parenthood provides?

link   

LOL. Not that again?

Defund them em! (shakes fist at sky)

LOL yeah that again! Which is the reason for this whole thing in the first place, along with investigations!

Again, doesnt matter what you think really it is what it is ,

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

For example?

How many clinics, near poor and uninsured women (rural, suburban and inner cities) that offer these services, would exist if Planned Parenthood was stopped?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I wonder if they'll do 13 (or is it 14?) "investigations" of this issue as well and still not get the answer they want?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

you keep going back to the same adhomonim about me saying "multibillion" even after I clarified my answer and posted the stats....

Seems like instead of the issue, you have more of a personal beef........

I posted the stats and they are accurate

I cant help it if you dont like them

Get over it

I didn't see that you admitted being wrong and I missed your edit where you finally posted some numbers, minus the link still.

I don't generally go back to re-read posts I have already seen so I missed your "edit".

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The noble men and women who perform these much needed services risk their lives, their families privacy, safety and well being and get harassed and threatened for their bravery and courage. Many live far away and have to fly into town to avoid exposing their families to death threats.

Pro-lifers use terrorists tactics, and there's no getting around it. They want to frighten and intimidate women's health care workers into submission to their demands. That's why it's hard to find clinics willing to do with work.

Pro-lifers would rather see a woman die than to have a life saving abortion.

edit on 25-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I wonder if they'll do 13 (or is it 14?) "investigations" of this issue as well and still not get the answer they want?

Hey, If they investigate and find no wrong doing, then thats fine on that front

However I personally still find it monsterous to sell baby parts.....but again thats my opinion

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

For example?

How many clinics, near poor and uninsured women (rural, suburban and inner cities) that offer these services, would exist if Planned Parenthood was stopped?

Who said anything about stopping them? They just said stop federal funding....

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What did you think would happen when the ban against fetal stem cell research was lifted in 2008? Did you think that the "Fetus Fairy" would magically deliver fetal liver samples to labs across the land?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Who said anything about stopping them? They just said stop federal funding...

Why? Do you want to eliminate Title X?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join