It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul attempts to fast-track rule 14 to defund Planned Parenthood after controversial videos.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Rand Paul says it is unacceptable that his attempts to attach a rider defunding Planned Parenthood to a highway bill have failed, and that he will “use every Senate rule” to try to force a vote on the matter. Paul has been declaring his intentions to stop Planned Parenthood by any available means since a heavily edited video of a director of the program went viral. Friday morning, he says he learned that his first attempt had failed _ but he’s not backing down.

My question. Why not wait until the DoJ completes the investigation? Oh...yeah...votes.

Well, maybe he'll put on a Depends and filibuster.
edit on 7/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

.....Or maybe he just doesnt want his Tax dollars paying for it............

.............Two words...........

Hyde Amendment

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

What, Obamacare doesn't cover it?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Grimpachi

yeah, I was looking at the over all, still the yearly revenue well over exceeds needing Federal funding IMHO

2011 yearly revenue including grants, donations, and other income totaled $201 million.

That falls short of a billion...oh...I see you added your statement is only your opinion.

Well, that clears things up greatly. No need for facts in a conversation of opinion./sarc

Thats great, except that previous numbers for them did confirm a billion, so what the hell does 2011 have to do with it?

Planned Parenthood’s net revenue increased 5% to total of $1.21 billion in its organizational fiscal year ending on June 30, 2013, according to its new Annual Report 2012-2013, $540.6 million--was provided by taxpayer-funded government health services grants.

Theres no way we should be putting half a billion dollars into one company from our damn Taxes

Not to mention that has no bearing on the fact that they they are still making enough revenue to not need to be federally funded......

They want to keep taking donations fine....

Doesnt change anything......

Nice attitude tho, whats it like to be so nasty all the time ?
edit on 7/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I bet PP has an organized cash skimming racket going strong.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that men have too much control over women's reproduction.

If the women ever get upset enough to target men's crap then there is going be be a bunch of whiny, upset men. Doubt there are enough non brainwashed women at this point though. Hopefully some day...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

.....Or maybe he just doesnt want his Tax dollars paying for it............

.............Two words...........

Hyde Amendment

from your source

Hyde Amendment is not a permanent law, but rather is a "rider" that in various forms has been routinely attached to annual appropriations bills since 1976.[3] Legislation including the Hyde Amendment generally only restricts the use of funds allocated for the Department of Health and Human Services and primarily affects Medicaid.[4] [5]

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So? What's your point? Your tax dollars don't cover abortion, not those performed by Planned Parenthood nor by a private hospital.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

So? What's your point? Your tax dollars don't cover abortion, not those performed by Planned Parenthood nor by a private hospital.

Uhh... so i take it you dont understand it then......Nice.....

Also its not the only contribution from Taxes they get, there are plenty of other Tax-payer funded programs that funnel money to PP

if what you said was true, then they wouldnt be getting our tax dollars at all.....which they clearly are , to the tune of 500 million a year

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

yeah, I was looking at the over all, still the yearly revenue well over exceeds needing Federal funding IMHO

2011 yearly revenue including grants, donations, and other income totaled $201 million.

That falls short of a billion...oh...I see you added your statement is only your opinion.

Well, that clears things up greatly. No need for facts in a conversation of opinion./sarc

Thats great, except that previous numbers for them did confirm a billion, so what the hell does 2011 have to do with it?

Not to mention that has no bearing on the fact that they they are still making enough revenue to not need to be federally funded......

They want to keep taking donations fine....

Doesnt change anything......

Nice attitude tho, whats it like to be so nasty all the time ?

2011 numbers are what's available. So the billion number also came from that. 200 million + 1 billion still doesn't equal Billions.

Billions or multi billion which you claimed would mean at least 2 billion. If you simply used facts instead of making up numbers I wouldn't have anything to say on the matter.

As far as federal funding it has already been pointed out to you through the hyde amendment they can not use federal funds for abortions so the donations are what's used in lieu of federal funds.

link   

So why worry about government cuts, if they aren't getting anything from government.

link   
a reply to: beezzer

As you may or may not understand, the Supreme Court ruled that Title X would cover what Hobby Lobby refused to cover, birth control. Abortion is a necessary and constitutional protected medical procedure that Planned Parenthood is also charged with fulfilling.

You want to take away women's access to those those safe and affordable Planned Parenthood clinics and offer abortion services only to women of means. You want poor women to die in back allies, like they used to, in the good old moral days.

edit on 25-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Also its not the only contribution from Taxes they get, there are plenty of other Tax-payer funded programs that funnel money to PP

Planned Parenthood is funded under Title X, about 25%, according to Wiki. Abortions are not, and no tax dollars are funneled into Planned Parenthood's abortion services.

edit on 25-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

As you may or may not understand, the Supreme Court ruled that Title X would cover what Hobby Lobby refused to cover, birth control. Abortion is a necessary and constitutional protected medical procedure that Planned Parenthood is charged with fulfilling.

You want to take away women's access to those those safe and affordable Planned Parenthood clinics and offer abortion services only to women of means. You want poor women to die in back allies, like they used to, in the good old moral days.

Someone pee in your oatmeal? You're cranky today.

Abortion is only 3%, not really a big number. Obamacare doesn't cover it? I'm sure there are other avenues if a woman wants to kill her baby that are clean and safe.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

actually no whats available is all the way up to 2014, but you clearly didnt want to look up those numbers,

I just posted for you numbers from 2013 so I didnt "make up" anything

As far as federal funding it has already been pointed out to you through the hyde amendment they can not use federal funds for abortions so the donations are what's used in lieu of federal funds.

So then whats the problem?
edit on 7/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that insurance companies are required to provide abortion coverage, under the ACA. The federal government doesn't pay for abortions, though.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that insurance companies are required to provide abortion coverage, under the ACA. The federal government doesn't pay for abortions, though.

And everyone has insurance, thanks to big government mandates!

So problem solved!

(ta-da)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
We need a Federal Constitutional Amendment for Recall, Referendum and Initiative.

We need a comprehensive National ID that is free to every citizen, easy to acquire and verifiable with secondary technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join