It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul attempts to fast-track rule 14 to defund Planned Parenthood after controversial videos.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm in full agreement that taxes shouldn't go towards groups like this...

But at the same time, without a viable workable alternative to fall back on, it could be a hell of a risk.

Like I said above the Indianapolis PP shutdowns cause a dramatic climb in HIV...
Affordable screening for cancer is another that could be affected...

Seems a bit "knee-jerk" overall.

There are more companies that do the same thing PP isnt the only one though

There are a lot of males who seem to be discussing this amongst yourselves. I will leave you to it.
edit on 25-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

There are other providers out there , that are offering the same sort of thing that arent being targeted ........

Planned parenthood is a multibillion dollar company, they dont need gov funding nor should they have it at this level......

Our tax dollars doesnt need to be going to billion dollar companies period.......

With an entire budget of 1 billion how did you come up with "multi billion".

Oh...

I think I see how you figured it. If you add up all the years it has been around it would come to many billions, but strictly speaking that wouldn't be multi-billion dollar company.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

But at the same time, without a viable workable alternative to fall back on, it could be a hell of a risk.

Like I said above the Indianapolis PP shutdowns cause a dramatic climb in HIV...

There are a lot of males who seem to be discussing this amongst yourselves. I will leave you to it.

Why can't males discuss this?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That is 100% not true. Here are the real reasons broken down by percent.

On average, women give at least 3 reasons for choosing abortion:
-3/4 say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or other responsibilities

-3/4 say they cannot afford a child

-1/2 say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner (AGI).

-Only 12% of women included a physical problem with their health among reasons for having an abortion (NAF).

-One per cent (of aborting women) reported that they were the survivors of rape (NAF)

Finer LB et al., Reasons U.S. women have abortions: quantitative and qualitative perspectives, Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, 2005, 37(3):110–118.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Is it impossible though, Grim?

The sale of fetal tissue recoups the cost of abortions which unburdens the taxpayer.

This is not true and no fetal tissue is for sale. I am not sure why this is typed.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Why can't males discuss this?

Males can discuss this. My point was lost in formatting. I quotes where 3 males were in one conversation, it didn;t come out that way what i clicked enter.

It appears, that on this thread, there is a disproportionate amount of men answering eachother, in regard to an issue they will never have to face.

But I think the real issue here is Ron Paul, deciding to defund, on his own, a place that I need. A place that many women need.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: xuenchen

Lack of affordable care?

Please don't mention Obama or the ACA that's not gonna help.

Medicaid.

Planned parenthood accepts Medicaid, which has mainly become a managed care program and is overseen by major insurance companies- but many doctors do not accept medicaid or even the 'managed' version of it.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

That is 100% not true. Here are the real reasons broken down by percent.

On average, women give at least 3 reasons for choosing abortion:
-3/4 say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or other responsibilities

-3/4 say they cannot afford a child

-1/2 say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner (AGI).

-Only 12% of women included a physical problem with their health among reasons for having an abortion (NAF).

-One per cent (of aborting women) reported that they were the survivors of rape (NAF)

Finer LB et al., Reasons U.S. women have abortions: quantitative and qualitative perspectives, Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, 2005, 37(3):110–118.

#1 is a pretty sound reason. Finish school, save some money and then have a child you can better provide for.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It appears, that on this thread, there is a disproportionate amount of men answering eachother, in regard to an issue they will never have to face.

Guess I can't support gay marriage then, I'm straight.

But I think the real issue here is Ron Paul, deciding to defund, on his own, a place that I need. A place that many women need.

But abortion is only a tiny fraction of what they do, correct? 97% of what they do doesn't even include abortion, so what's the big deal? Just get rid of the abortion part and let hospitals and private business take care of it!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

So because were males we dont have a right to talk about it?

Wow, thats a pretty ignorant statement........

Our tax dollars are going to it as well, not to mention Taxes, revenue etc dont give a damn what sex you are......

So we have a voice, thanks

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

yeah, I was looking at the over all, still the yearly revenue well over exceeds needing Federal funding IMHO

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

it appears, that on this thread, there is a disproportionate amount of men answering eachother, in regard to an issue they will never have to face.

Because the children being aborted are all there through immaculate conception?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Just get rid of the abortion part and let hospitals and private business take care of it!

Why? So, you don't mind abortion and the sale of aborted baby body parts, you just don't like it when Planned Parenthood does it?

Do you want to take these services from the hands of Planned Parenthood clinics and give them to private businesses and hospitals to deliberately disenfranchise the poor and uninsured?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Just get rid of the abortion part and let hospitals and private business take care of it!

Why? So, you don't mind abortion and the sale of aborted baby body parts, you just don't like it when Planned Parenthood does it?

Do you want to take these services from the hands of Planned Parenthood clinics and give them to private businesses and hospitals to deliberately disenfranchise the poor and uninsured?

.....Or maybe he just doesnt want his Tax dollars paying for it............

Doesnt have to be nefarious, maybe he just wants a choice.....

nice accusations and demeaning tone though
edit on 7/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The salaries are published on the internet. They not higher or lower than any comparable medical setting.
Side fees? Cohorts? If you are referring to the video, hospitals collect the same fees.

PP receives a large amount of private donations and can provide health screening services and birth control to many more people. They are ranked something like 3 by philantropedia.

like this.....

The ‘1%’: Planned Parenthood execs making more than $250K per year

Employees reveal Planned Parenthood’s slave wages and astronomical insurance premiums

PP is a schlock outfit.

Sounds about right.

1% of the "EXECUTIVES" generally do make higher pay in any nationwide organization. So the other 99% of the "EXECUTIVES" must make less.

Your article says 18 people make over 250K. Since PP has 27,000 staff members and volunteers you can do the math on the percentage of people that work there that make ver 250K.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I am strongly against abortion.

Period.

But if abortion is just a tiny fraction of what Planned Parenthood does, then what's the big deal?

All you pro-abortion people constantly say that it's just a tiny fraction. 3%. So why the worry?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

yeah, I was looking at the over all, still the yearly revenue well over exceeds needing Federal funding IMHO

2011 yearly revenue including grants, donations, and other income totaled $201 million.

That falls short of a billion...oh...I see you added your statement is only your opinion.

Well, that clears things up greatly. No need for facts in a conversation of opinion./sarc

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

But if abortion is just a tiny fraction of what Planned Parenthood does, then what's the big deal?

Exactly. What's the big deal.

All you pro-abortion people constantly say that it's just a tiny fraction. 3%. So why the worry?

Planned Parenthood services low income and uninsured women. Why do you want to disenfranchise them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join