It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul attempts to fast-track rule 14 to defund Planned Parenthood after controversial videos.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

There are other providers out there , that are offering the same sort of thing that arent being targeted ........

Planned parenthood is a multibillion dollar company, they dont need gov funding nor should they have it at this level......

Our tax dollars doesnt need to be going to billion dollar companies period.......

Planned Parenthood is a non profit.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Is it impossible though, Grim?

What's the for-against numbers for the Senate at the moment?

We have to take into acc that a majority of the anti-abortion crowd will knee jerk on this.

And really, it's not even about abortion, that's my point anyways otherwise I'd just have plonked this into the other threads...

It's about all the other funded projects...
They're being carefully ignored for the emotional 3-7% of PPs functioning.

No taxation without representation... Comes to mind...
This might not be as impossible as you think, my friend.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Planned parenthood is a multibillion dollar company, they dont need gov funding nor should they have it at this level......

Shear ignorance!

Title X is the only federal grant program dedicated solely to providing individuals with comprehensive family planning and related preventive health services
www.hhs.gov...

The Title X Family Planning Program, officially known as Public Law 91-572 or “Population Research and Voluntary Family Planning Programs” was enacted under President Richard Nixon in 1970 as part of the Public Health Service Act.

Title X is the only federal grant program dedicated solely to providing individuals with comprehensive family planning and related preventive health services. Title X is legally designed to prioritize the needs of low-income families or uninsured people (including those who are not eligible for Medicaid) who might not otherwise have access to these health care services.

These services are provided to low-income and uninsured individuals at reduced or no cost.[1] Its overall purpose is to promote positive birth outcomes and healthy families by allowing individuals to decide the number and spacing of their children. The other health services provided in Title X-funded clinics are integral in achieving this objective

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm in full agreement that taxes shouldn't go towards groups like this...

But at the same time, without a viable workable alternative to fall back on, it could be a hell of a risk.

Like I said above the Indianapolis PP shutdowns cause a dramatic climb in HIV...
Affordable screening for cancer is another that could be affected...

Seems a bit "knee-jerk" overall.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Since abortion is only 3% of what Planned Parenthood actually does (according to Planned Parenthood) then just make abortions a private business function and Planned Parenthood can continue doing the 97% of whatever else they do.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

"Its overall purpose is to promote positive birth outcomes and healthy families"

This made me chuckle. So PP disagrees with the mission of title X? Seems like your child getting the less " crunchy" method of abortion isn't really adhering to promoting "healthy families" and "positive birth outcomes"
edit on 25-7-2015 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Our legislative branch has too much power. With today's technology we need to take the power to make laws away from Congress and give it to the people. Congress and the Senate have been nothing but a joke for a long, long time now.

The people need a chance to vote. A true democracy. The politicians don't speek for the people, they speak to their own wallets.
edit on 25-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Since abortion is only 3% of what Planned Parenthood actually does (according to Planned Parenthood) then just make abortions a private business function and Planned Parenthood can continue doing the 97% of whatever else they do.

That's why I love you Bunny!!!

I thought exactly the same thing...
Make sacrifice abortion a separate venture.

I have no doubts that will displease some...
But we are on a wavelength this time fella!
edit on 25-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Should have been strikes, not italic!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

That sounds logical. Unfortunately our legislators dont seem to operate under the principles of Logic.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

And all the "employees" and contractors get paid (exhorborant) salaries and fees.

And all the cohorts get paid side fees and God knows what else.

What's wrong with just shutting them down and let people go to regular clinics and regular doctors?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: windword

"Its overall purpose is to promote positive birth outcomes and healthy families"

This made me chuckle. So PP disagrees with the mission of title X? Seems like your child getting the less " crunchy" method of abortion isn't really adhering to promoting "healthy families" and "positive birth outcomes"

Less of that please I'd rather keep my food in my stomach lining.

Thanks in advance.
edit on 25-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

That's why I love you Bunny!!!

I thought exactly the same thing...
Make sacrifice abortion a separate venture.

I have no doubts that will displease some...
But we are on a wavelength this time fella!

I'm not sure why? It would give less access to low income women. What is 'sacrifice abortion'?
edit on 25-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lack of affordable care?

Please don't mention Obama or the ACA that's not gonna help.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Is it impossible though, Grim?

Yup!!

He wants to defund PP. Not defund abortion, but PP.

Supposedly the issue is over the sale of fetal tissue.

The sale of fetal tissue recoups the cost of abortions which unburdens the taxpayer.

So if the issue really was the "sale of fetal tissue" then instead of defunding PP he would push to allocate more funds to PP to end the need for the sale of fetal tissue.

OK, well there is one possibility where he could actually defund PP. If the GOP controlled the house, senate, and the presidency they would have a chance at doing away with the law that Nixion signed into effect back in 1970 that allocates money to PP.

Like I said this is about pandering for votes.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And all the "employees" and contractors get paid (exhorborant) salaries and fees.

And all the cohorts get paid side fees and God knows what else.

What's wrong with just shutting them down and let people go to regular clinics and regular doctors?

The salaries are published on the internet. They not higher or lower than any comparable medical setting.
Side fees? Cohorts? If you are referring to the video, hospitals collect the same fees.

PP receives a large amount of private donations and can provide health screening services and birth control to many more people. They are ranked something like 3 by philantropedia.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Being able to choose WHEN to have a child is intrinsic to positive birth outcomes and healthy families. That's why birth control is their mainstay.

Seems like your child getting the less " crunchy" method of abortion isn't really adhering to promoting "healthy families"

Would you prefer a motherless family? How about a family that's so mired in medical bills that they loose their house.

Crunchy abortions, aka late term abortions, are almost always done in order to to "save the life of the mother". Either that, or they're done when the fetus is incompatible with life, out of compassion.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

There are other providers out there , that are offering the same sort of thing that arent being targeted ........

Our tax dollars doesnt need to be going to billion dollar companies period.......

That doesnt mean a damn thing........you can pull up their earnings on google its public

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'm in full agreement that taxes shouldn't go towards groups like this...

But at the same time, without a viable workable alternative to fall back on, it could be a hell of a risk.

Like I said above the Indianapolis PP shutdowns cause a dramatic climb in HIV...
Affordable screening for cancer is another that could be affected...

Seems a bit "knee-jerk" overall.

There are more companies that do the same thing PP isnt the only one though

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

That doesnt mean a damn thing........you can pull up their earnings on google its public

Yes, you can. They operate like any other non profit. They provide necessary public services.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Lack of affordable care?

Please don't mention Obama or the ACA that's not gonna help.

Medicaid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join