It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul attempts to fast-track rule 14 to defund Planned Parenthood after controversial videos.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
www.theblaze.com...

To me, this goes way beyond abortion... Of which I'm anti...
I'm not even pro choice either...

I'm pro-other solutions.

But that's neither here nor there...

I still have to admit, without a viable alternative to the whole workings of PP...
This is just shooting society in the foot.

Following through on his vow to defund Planned Parenthood, Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has introduced legislation to strip the abortion provider of federal funding. The bill is now being fast-tracked after the Kentucky senator invoked “Rule 14” on Friday, clearing the way for a floor vote as early as next week, a spokesman for the Rand Paul campaign confirmed to TheBlaze.

“Since the inhumane acts of Planned Parenthood have surfaced, I have vowed to defeat and defund this taxpayer-funded organization. I am more appalled than ever by Planned Parenthood’s complete disregard for the sanctity of human life,” Paul said in a statement. “Today, I implemented Rule 14 and fast-tracked legislation to strip every dollar of Planned Parenthood funding. I will continue to lead this charge in defense of the unborn.”

This "statement" comes from randpaul.com.

The Senator can try and make this about abortion all he wants...

But that won't get to the root of all the other problems PP tries to help people with on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If they're selling body parts for their own monetary gain then why do they deserve to be federally funded?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
If they're selling body parts for their own monetary gain then why do they deserve to be federally funded?

That's still under investigation...

So really fast tracking this means Sen.Paul has already made a decision based on his confirmation bias...

& in light of those allegations, defunding them now will only cause more problems than solve simply because of all the other work they do being hindered.
edit on 25-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Oh grammar!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I really appreciate your integrity here. Major kudos. You are pro-life yetl able to state that lying is not how to go about getting what you want. Thank-you.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Depends on the life

But with that said, thank you Kali, I see some of the comments in the other threads and couldn't believe what I was reading.

I may not like certain things, but there has to be a better way than just sanctioning PP into submission...

I'm reminded of the thread from last year about the HIV outbreak after the closure of PP clinics...
That's just one thing Rand Paul is about to unleash on people if he doesn't think this through carefully.
edit on 25-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I am more appalled than ever by Planned Parenthood’s complete disregard for the sanctity of human life,”

I'm completely appalled by Rand Paul's complete disregard for true definitions, facts and the concern for women, their health and their reproductive rights. I think he should be defunded!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yeah. I don't agree nor disagree with everything Rand Paul stands on but all respect I had for him is lost now. I'm always astonished by how easily Conservatives will swallow lies or pretend they don't know something is a lie if it demonizes something they don't like.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I lol'ed at that.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I can't say I've ever liked the guy (zionist :p)...

But it's all too easy to jump on that bandwagon when emotionally, or undeniably, religiously invested.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This would be a poor move. Time will prove it if it happens.

Does this mean his is in the pocket of the religious right?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Private organization which targets minorities and the poor for sterilization, abortion and euthanasia started by a eugenicist is currently receiving taxpayer funding.

Libertarian leaning Rand Paul proposes cessation of public funding to said organization.

Uproar ensues?

Because they are a cheap place for other stuff?

Am I missing something here?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Is that really the background of planned parenthood?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

They aren't and that is in a whole other thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Private organization which targets minorities and the poor for sterilization, abortion and euthanasia started by a eugenicist is currently receiving taxpayer funding.

Libertarian leaning Rand Paul proposes cessation of public funding to said organization.

Uproar ensues?

Because they are a cheap place for other stuff?

Am I missing something here?

The founder of PP was against abortion her entire life, she died in 1966. She had some odd eugenics ideas, yes. PP doesn't target anyone.

Their advertisements in comparison to big pharma? In comparison to large campuses that treat cancer? In comparison to cars and trucks? Please tell me where this targeting is taking place.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Don't try and use logic. All you're going to get is " women's rights" and " it's my body."

On the extermination of blacks:
"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

On respecting the rights of the mentally ill:
In her "Plan for Peace," Sanger outlined her strategy for eradication of those she deemed "feebleminded." Among the steps included in her evil scheme were immigration restrictions; compulsory sterilization; segregation to a lifetime of farm work; etc. Birth Control Review, April 1932, p. 107

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people
On sterilization & racial purification:
Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

Based on the beliefs above, PP sounds really "progressive"
edit on 25-7-2015 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
PP does much more than just abortions. Many women use PP in order to get standard OB/GYN services. These are the people who will be hurt by this.

I am a big supporter of Rand Paul, but I agree with the OP that this is a bad move by Mr Paul.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well played Rand, well played.

I knew I wouldn't have to wait log until the architects of the media blitz of abortion topics revealed themselves.

I smelled media manipulation from the beginning of the release of Abortion articles and the subsequent backdated videos which were released.

Step 1 - Inflame public on divisionary issue.

Step 2 - Pander with empty promises.

Step 3 - Votes.

His "vow" is empty and impossible to accomplish most people know that, but it sure will rally him some support. He is more accustomed to these games than his father was.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

There are other providers out there , that are offering the same sort of thing that arent being targeted ........

Planned parenthood is a multibillion dollar company, they dont need gov funding nor should they have it at this level......

Our tax dollars doesnt need to be going to billion dollar companies period.......

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Don't try and use logic. All you're going to get is " women's rights" and " it's my body."

On the extermination of blacks:
"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

On respecting the rights of the mentally ill:
In her "Plan for Peace," Sanger outlined her strategy for eradication of those she deemed "feebleminded." Among the steps included in her evil scheme were immigration restrictions; compulsory sterilization; segregation to a lifetime of farm work; etc. Birth Control Review, April 1932, p. 107

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people
On sterilization & racial purification:
Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

Based on the beliefs above, PP sounds really "progressive"

Those are NOT th beliefs of PP. Charles Lindbergh is another famous American that talked about eugenics. There are a lot. That is awful. But we also haven't thrown out their contributions to history.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join