It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, this whole Hulk Hogan thing...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I don't know what you mean!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Welcome to PC America where if you have a single thought the PC police don't like they will try to destroy your life.

the problem is we, the people, are the ones assisting them in doing it.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
a reply to: Sremmos80

yes, he was also removed from the wwe wall of fame
details

that to me sounds like total overkill

Do you think they will let them bury him on American soil?

OH look here

Billionaire WWE boss who fired Hulk Hogan for racist tirade once used N-word in awkward skit with black wrestler Booker T

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... tml#ixzz3gxCGIrl3

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Came in here fully expecting to read he was becoming a woman then saw it was only another race thing. Whew.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
World Wrestling Entertainment have shown themselves to be hypocrites. In the past racist and indeed what could be considered as homophobic language has been used by their wrestlers. Additionally, WWE is well-connected with Donald Trump who has said some pretty offensive stuff and every so often they use Eminem's music to create video packages. Eminem has written many songs which contain both racism and homophobia. The owner of WWE Vince McMahon once used racist language live on TV too .There is no doubt that Hulk Hogan had to be given a serious sanction for what he said but I don't think he should have been sacked. They've pretty much got rid of every reference to Hogan on their website and it appears he may be no longer in the WWE Hall of Fame. I've got a sneaky feeling there is more to Hogan and WWE parting ways than meets the eye.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
screw hulk hogan and his racist a$$ i've always been a macho man fan r.i.p.!!!! www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-7-2015 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Vince McMahon doesn't hold a grudge with anyone if he can still make money off them.

After everything blows over he will quietly sign Hulk to another contract.

Hulk testified against him in the steroid trial in the early 90's. That obviously didn't stop McMahon from doing business with Hogan since.
edit on 25-7-2015 by bg_socalif because: fat fingers on the keyboard.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I was on a miniature golf course yesterday with my wife and 13 year old niece. The two black gentlemen playing behind us each used the "N" word along with the "MF" word about 200 times each at high volume. We were appalled. Hulk said it a few times? In short, I'm still a Hulk Hogan fan.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
America has turned to a racist witch hunt, rooting out all the bad people who aren't black who use the "n" word.
We've allowed the 1st Amendment to be thrown in the trash if we have limitations on what we can say and what we cannot.
Funny how the people claiming they want justice and equality are more than happy to take away those very things from others.

Using one's words against them trying to prove racism is an attempt to divine the hearts of others.
Since when did feelings become worthy of punishment and reprisal?
Where is there crime here unless it's the obvious extortion of the accusers.

Cow patties!

edit on 26-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

..and I, in turn, would like to take the opportunity to say the opposite.

Seriously, when will these celebs learn? You say something that offends people, thedamn last thing you ever do is go through the public self-flaggelation and drawn out statements begging forgiveness. Hogan would have been better served playing the Donald Trump "you're offended by my comments? So what!" card and set an example for those experiencing mock outrage by simply moving on.

As far as WWE and Hogan go... Meh. Hogan hasnt been a draw in over a decade. He's an old man now and essentially has done a wonderful job of trashing his own legacy without this ridiculous manufactured angst even playing a role.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

If the Hogans, Michael Richards, Don't Imuses, and such would simply not give a damn, this all would go away. How many roles and how many million dollar contracts have Richards or Imus signed since they beat the living hell out of themselves before the court of public opinion WEEPING (there's a manly reaction to *words*) about how sorry the were that they hurt people. Meanwhile, how many millions have Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson made since reacting to the same court with laughter, mockery, and having the stones to state the truth "words are just words."?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have no problem with his racist rant, I don't support racist views but sometimes people are talking in private and they say things, sometimes they mean them and other times they don't. Either way, it's said in the context of that conversation and not meant to be someones public endorsement of an activity or viewpoint.

Personally I rate an activity like this on par with slander.

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Someone I know very well got footage of Justin beiber telling a racist joke. He sold it to the Sun newspaper in the UK for about $25,000. There's good money to be had with these meaningless stories

People like that make me physically ill.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
All these public shamings will someday be remembered as a harbinger of things to come. People's emails get hacked and something racist is discovered, public shaming. Someone gets recorded saying something racist, loses their NBA team. This is as close to actual thought police as we can get. No one ever stands up for the person whose privacy has been breeched.

Who was that movie exec that was forced to reach out to Jesse and Al for forgiveness?

All the self righteous outrage over some non PC sentiments uttered in confidence.

What a joke. I swear this must be the hundredth high profile person outed for having a non PC opinion. Once these witch hunts get turned around on some of the hunters they'll realize what they've done, but it'll be too late.

The death of privacy, the death of private thought.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Sounds like they lost a great opportunity for a surprise heel turn.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Really?
Physically ill? I guess you better check out of this capitalist system or your going to be in a permanent state of illness

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

see that's what i don't get. Mind you i don't live in america so i won't say i know much about your constitution.
but if i get the first amendment right, it means i have the right to say whatever i want and others have the right to attack/criticize me for anything i say if deemed wrong.
And if so, that's totally fine.
What i don't get is the "search and destroy" mentality that is applied recently where aside from holding people accountable for what they say, we try to ruin their entire lives.
Shouldn't it be more like i say something stupid, you criticize me for saying it, spread the word that i am a certain type of person, then the community will decide if they still want to invest money/interest in whatever it is i do?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The hypocritical thing with the WWE is, if you look back over the years, they have stereotyped so many characters. The Mexicans who came to the ring on lawnmowers, the African savage, the Arabs who hated America, almost anyone British is protrayed as snobby and posh, the wild uncontrollable Samoans etc etc. As a public traded company though, there has to be an ethics policy and a code of conduct, and what they have done, would probably be done by most major corporations.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gdt26

In WWE's defense, very few of those characters were actually created by the WWF/E. Guys like the Iron Shiek, Junkyard Dog, Kamala, Abdullah the Butcher, the Wild Samoans, etc were actually self-created characters wrestling in the territories prior to signing with WWF. Another issue, it's entertainment. Entertainment uses characters, often steriotypical characters. I don't see anything at all wrong with this and would argue that the greatest satirical movie producer of all time, Mel Brooks, wouldn't have been successful without those steriotypes in his hilarious movies.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
WWE: "Hulk Hogan, we comin' for you n*****!"

Joking aside, it was only last year that HHH told a racist joke about Alberto Del Rio in front of him and Del Rio slapped him. (Del Rio was fired).

The WWE is totally prepared to accept racism in the company until it is public and could damage their image.

P.S. 'Ho Kogan' is the new 'Krispen Wah'

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think it's preposterous that use of a single word now defines someone as "racist".
Why is it those who claim to be the most offended throw the same word around like a hacky sack?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join