It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raising the Junior Foodie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Maybe this isn't the right place for this, so feel free to move it, mods.

I just got a kick out of my 4-year-old at lunch today.

We were on our usual Saturday family outing which generally consists of storytime, lunch and any errands to pick up odds and ends we might need that don't come at the grocery store.

This day we stopped at a Noodles for lunch. I got a pad thai which comes with a lime wedge to squeeze over it. He got annoyed that his butter noodles with grilled shrimp didn't have one too. He demanded one because, "I need something to help with the hot and smoke flavors!"

Thankfully, they had lemon wedges at the drink stop and that worked just fine for him to squeeze on his noodles, but Mr. Ketsuko and I both got a real kick out of his reasoning for needing one.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Awww! That is a very gentle snap shot of your life. Lots of good vibes to you and your family. I never got to have children, well not up to now at least. Things can get a bit bleak sometimes. Wishing you a million more good times.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Get him gardening. My son planted spinach when he was 5, he won't eat it cooked, but he still eats it in his salads and smoothies.
He doesn't even like lettuce, but all his life he's liked raw spinach

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Ours likes spinach too. There's a pizza place we sometimes go to, and kids can get a small one topping. The waiter about fell over when our son told him very firmly that yes, he did too want spinach for his one topping. He gets pepperoni most of the time, but sometimes, he surprises us.

new topics

top topics

join