It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO sighting in otley , leeds uk

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

its not my curtains i don't get light pollution what so ever . they turn street lights off to save money. im on the north yorkshire border.

i took the picture outside that night i tried zooming it just wasn't playing ball.

If i was going to fake a picture surely i would just get one off the net .

this is not the case that's the photo.

I will take a pic tonight it will look the same .

clouds was not particularly low they was high if you ask my opinion but i am not an expert
edit on 26-7-2015 by dingdongdoodah because: added a bit extra

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dingdongdoodah

shame you wasn't looking SE , Leeds and Leeds airport are a mere stones throw away, I struggle to see how you get no light pollution , and at 10 there was still glow from set , also a half moon to the south west

ahh well, sh#t happens

funbox

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

air port is about thirty mins from mine in the car

this is the photo i took .

either believe me or don't . i am getting fed up of saying that this happened and the photo is that of the one i took that night.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Funbox:

I struggle to see how you get no light pollution , and at 10 there was still glow from set , also a half moon to the south west.

Otley is halfway between Ilkley and Leeds, on the edge of the northern moors, and in a dip in the valleys of the Dales, so although there would have been some light, it would have been a darker shade of twilight, especially with no street lights. You'd have to be right up on the moors to have enough light, but Otley would have been shaded by the hills.

Go North out of Otley and you are soon in an unforgiving desolate area, just deep valleys and rolling dale moors, you don't want to be up there at night without the right resources.

If you look on Google maps, you will see that Burnley, Halifax and Keighley create the UFO triangle, inside which are very few towns and villages. It is also the area where PC Godfrey was allegedly abducted in the late seventies.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26/7/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
And the rest - the whole pennine area has plenty of UFO history , Ilkley Moor is a spooky old place (as Otley Chevin can be) a reply to: elysiumfire

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Otley:

And the rest - the whole pennine area has plenty of UFO history , Ilkley Moor is a spooky old place (as Otley Chevin can be)

Indeed so. Here's my sighting back in the mid 70's.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26/7/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
thanks for the response guys it is the photo i took that night and given that you seem to know about what its like round here.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Otley:

And the rest - the whole pennine area has plenty of UFO history , Ilkley Moor is a spooky old place (as Otley Chevin can be)

Indeed so. Here's my sighting back in the mid 70's.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

fascinating story . i have seen a few pop up today all very similar.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

indeed , o valiant shining one , I checked out the location, Stellarium etc. im no stranger to the moors, it gets dark but , well moonlights moonlight , I didn't realise there was enough parallax to have the moons illumination removed from the equation, does Otley sit at the bottom of a well ?
.. guess where the moon was around 10

funbox

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: elysiumfire

indeed , o valiant shining one , I checked out the location, Stellarium etc. im no stranger to the moors, it gets dark but , well moonlights moonlight , I didn't realise there was enough parallax to have the moons illumination removed from the equation, does Otley sit at the bottom of a well ?
.. guess where the moon was around 10

funbox

the moon wasn't visible it was cloudy. also i didn't put my flash on as someone would of said its the camera light

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
it is the photo i took simples , i am getting fed up of repeating myself . we will agree to disagree

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

no don't do that , unless you have couple often thousand watt bulbs at your disposal... do me afavour , go outside and take another picture but partially obscure the shot with your hand .. a bit of thumb even

I take it its as cloudy and as wet as hell ?

*a moon shaped mfb incessantly pours photons to the thread below, then disappears in an eclipse shaped shadow*

funbox

edit on 26-7-2015 by funbox because: wolves begin sniffing, yet not howling

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

no don't do that , unless you have couple often thousand watt bulbs at your disposal... do me afavour , go outside and take another picture but partially obscure the shot with your hand .. a bit of thumb even

I take it its as cloudy and as wet as hell ?

funbo

im uploading them on my phone already thought of that you can see my door frame on one.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

hi i live just outside of oldham near manchester and i was out but i diddent see out i hope you have some photos to show

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dingdongdoodah
my brother did not have his phone and my cousin is a dinosaur . he has today brought his phone and telescope

Well I guess dinosaur is a good description for me. I am an old fart.

I dumped my cell phone over a year ago and I don't regret it for a second, and I have saved a bundle.

The world is going to be in a lot of hot water if they refuse to believe my warning if I see something, which I hope I never do. The pics or it didn't happen crowd would be sing a different tune.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i cant get them on here i have uploaded them :/

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
how do i do it ? its just showing a black bar when i want to get a pic from my library

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

come now , its not that grim up north, so big Bro *shining knight two the rescue two ** bad parody of first attempt**

help you're sister out here , whats your version of events ?

did you get bored after twenty minuets ? ;D

or are you now look through paradigm shifted eyes , and the world has just become a very different place?

funbox

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

repeat what you did the night before

or get older and wiser bro to do it

funbox

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
can someone tell me how to upload on to thread they are in my pic library on here . i put them on my pc as my phone is slow to load them up :?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join