It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT! Recent Satellite Photos Needed of RAF Machrihanish / Scotland's AREA 51

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's been well over a year now and I have no idea anymore sorry mate.

It's also what's stopped me from changing it myself LOL.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
alienwatcher,
Ive never flown with loganair, when I went to was in a private plane. The place was totally deserted as the civi's leave after 5.30pm. Not even a tower controller.

As for the military radio side of things, by law they need to use vhf/uhf to communicate with Air Traffic Control. Its common knowledge. Even the beloeved USAF special forces need to do this when entering the base, which I have intercepted, and is posted on the site.

regards
kevin

www.black-triangle.co.uk
eyes and ears on the west coast of Scotland

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Alienwatcher,

I have tried to contact you via the P2P, but no response. Sorry to use this open format, but it seems the best way.

After watching this very interesting discussion thread unfold over the new year, I decided to visit the base myself. I was not able to get close to the base, but I did speak with a number of locals. Most were very uncomfortable saying anything about the base but a few did relate some very interesting sightings. I need to talk with you urgently and want to help you with your research. You are on to something - no question about it. Lets work together dude.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Warton. a small hop down the Irsish sea from macanarish.

we see an aircraft, that i can only describe as a manned Global hawk air craft..
It had a pilot, and flew low over the sea out towards Scotlands way, and with 20 x binos, i got a real sweet view of it. as i say, if you saw it flying, you would just say, gee thats a sweet global hawk.
This one for some reason was manned.
Oh, as for the colour scheme, it was in the recce all white with USAF markings. Linked maybe??

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
ok they are links to some sites with info on the place

here is some info on machrihanish
www.airports-worldwide.com...

half way down is some pics
homepage.ntlworld.com...

this is ppl who was there
www.rafweb.org...

has the one there^
www.forcesreunited.org.uk...

and again lol
www.armedforcesfriends.co.uk...

and the 1st map
maps.google.com...,-115.924988&sll=36.953125,-114.984951&spn=0.575409,0.887146&sspn=3.273438,6.540583&t=k&hl=en

i hope this helps a bit

nf

[edit on 29-7-2005 by net_findings]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You have voted net_findings for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Awesome. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
thats nice of u man thanks

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I found it on Google satellite without any problems, pretty good resolution of the airbase and surrounding buildings.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Winchester Ranger T]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
have you tried world winds 1.3...?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I was on duty the day the Chinook went down, and it was my shift which checked the passengers onto the base.

It is very doubtful in my opinion that the IRA could have smuggled a bomb aboard the helo. Firstly, smuggling it in with the pax would have been nigh on impossible - these were anti terrorist experts who had excellent personal security. The checks carried out at the entry checkpoint as well as the rapi scans before they boarded would have found any explosive devices.

Everyone coming onto Aldergrove is thoroughly checked, believe me. I turned away many civvies who were attending interviews at the contractor's yard, because their checks showed something untoward. So getting someone else onto base, let alone anywhere near the Helo would have been extremely difficult.

It may have been Aurora, or it may well have been pilot error.

A chap from Royal Irish Regiment (RIR) told me shortly after the accident that he and some colleagues had flown into field by a chinook manned by that aircrew. I don't want to disrespect the dead, but he said it was a rough ride, the worst he had experienced. He might have been telling me the truth or he could have been full of #, I guess I'll never know.

Also length of runway at Mac - divide the longer figure (3.1) by 1.6 (number of km in a mile) and you get 1.93 - much nearer the figure quoted officially!
People have misquoted the Km length as being miles. QED

Interesting thread this one! Oh, and my first post on the board....

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo

we see an aircraft, that i can only describe as a manned Global hawk air craft..
It had a pilot, and flew low over the sea out towards Scotlands way, and with 20 x binos, i got a real sweet view of it. as i say, if you saw it flying, you would just say, gee thats a sweet global hawk.
Oh, as for the colour scheme, it was in the recce all white with USAF markings. Linked maybe??

I think what you saw might've been the now retired/declassified stealth research aircraft codenamed "Tacit Blue". what it would be doing flying at such a low altitude in broad daylight is unknown

the 2 do quite look alike if you happened to see em from a distance.

here's the blue
and the hawk

on that same site, it seems the tacit was also basically a UAV but with a guy inside doing all the work

btw, happy new yr

[edit on 1-1-2006 by RuBBa_cHiKiN]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo

Sorry mate, but that's a right load of cobblers!
For a start, you don't fly out over the sea from Warton, you fly over the river Ribble first, by the time an aircraft flying as low as you suggested reached the sea it would be out of sight and Scotland is north of Warton not west as the Irish Sea is.
I work (and am typing this) at Warton. I've worked all over site and though there are a couple of "special" areas that are research and development orientated we don't have anything like that.
We have had Army/Navy/Raf helicopters, Russian Antonov freighters, Royal aircraft, gliders and almost every other kind of aircraft you can think of in the past but we don't have United States aircraft operating from here.
Aurora (if it exists) doesn't live here either though I have heard rumours that unmanned recon type projects are being thought up and prototype's designed.
Nowt more sinister than that here I'm afraid (though I wish there was! lol!)

Nikki Sixx.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Nikki Sixx]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
During my time in the RAF, we were always told that RAF Macrianish was used as an emergency airfield by the RAF - indeed, I was told that at the end of the runway, there was (is?) an abandoned Handley Page Victor, which made an emergency landing. The airframe was stripped, leaving little more than a hulk - the rest of the aircraft was left, as it had crashed at the end of the runway, and embedded itself in the ground, and was knackered.

We were also told the USAF used RAF Macrianish as a stopover point for flights to/from the States - I think one of my instructors said he had stopped there en route to the States during a deployment with the USAF in Florida.

I have heard of rumours that Aurora may be landing there. This wouldn't be unusual, as the SR-71 was deployed to RAF West Malling in Kent in the 60s, before the USAF admitted it existed (my uncle had seen it in a hanger while taking a shortcut home across the airfield).

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think there could be something still going on at Mac but I'm not sure about Aurora. Mac is only patrolled by a private security firm as far as I know, I would have thought that if Aurora or anyhting else of a similar ilk was still using the place we'd have some of our armed forces guarding it instead.

i do believe there's much more gone on there in the past than we'll ever know and would love a look around the gaydon hangar but with Mac now being as common knowledge as it is, I suspect whatever was there at one time is now elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Try dis, It can also find Groom Lake Area 51!

www.aisliverpool.org.uk...

www.worldwindcentral.com...

_javascript:addMyBookmark("http://www.secret-bases.co.uk","Alan Turnbull’s ’Secret Base’ Page")

I also started a forum about RAF Machrihanish on a British Military Forum, I did get loads of posts but the next day, The whole thread i started was gone!, Must prove there really is things going on there!

I found Machrihanish on the site listed above but it is labelled 'Campeltown Airport', It could be the actual base but i think that Military Installations are labelled to confuse spies and terrorists, For example a nuclear missile silo might be labelled 'Bus Stop' or somthing like that.

Well i also believe the 'Ordnance Survey' Maps were invented by the Army, Thats what i learnt back at school.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by Browno]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
have you tryed downloading google earth, ive got a pretty good view of RAF Machrihanish on that, but have no idea how to get a screen shot or anything sorry.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If there was something at Machrihanish then its not there now,spent a good few hours there last year in a work-related event and i can safely say there is nothing of interest.
The event was located in the massive Gaydon hanger which could have easily have taken an "Aurora" sized aircraft no problem but the place is falling apart now...

[edit on 12-8-2008 by bmdefiant]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I was stationed at Mac in the early 90s and during that time there were rumors floating around about the Aurora. Even Janes hinted about the possibility of it being there. Sorry to burst the bubble but Mac is the last place they would put a secret project as the airfield can be viewed from all around.

Granted American Navy SEALS and Naval Special Warfare Detachment were there, they done a 6 month turn around.

The main reason for secrecy around the base was the SSA and that is no secret as you can find out all about it on google.

I do have to say that the 2 years I spent there were probably the best 2 years of my career and the quickest 2 as the whole thing is just 1 long drunken blur.........

[edit on 19-10-2008 by yeebsy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join