It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT! Recent Satellite Photos Needed of RAF Machrihanish / Scotland's AREA 51

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by echeloninformer
Alienwatcher you better be careful dude. That base has been a source of much mystery and I am sure the MIBs (or whoever) will not be 2 happy about you looking around. It is less known than Area 51 and I'm sure they want to keep it that way. Sure investigate, but don't let them know ur doing it. Forget the Aurora crap! It must be one the network of secret bases the NWO guys use to move things around the globe. It was a UFO that downed that chopper in 94! Surf safe, Menwith Hill is listening!

Thanks for your words of caution, but finding out what is going on is what this website is all about.

Now I don't suppose you have any evidence to back up your 'opinions'? Any photos? Personal accounts? Video footage? Official documents? In particular, it would be very interesting if you could support your version of what happened to flight ZD576. More than a few people are looking for the mystery being solved on that! AW

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
indeed, we will probably never know hat hapened to that helo in '94

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
PLEASE BE CAREFUL

A few simple words of warning to any of you thinking of 'taking a closer look' In my previous military career, I carried out numerous recce's on installations better protected than Machrihanish and I can tell you that even a 'deserted' base like Machrihanish is well protected. Ever heard of 'hide in plain sight'?

Some of the places I've managed to get into have been built with sophisticated camouflage systems that you simply would not believe. (If I had been caught the worst I'd have got would've been a 'good kicking')

But, should any of you be stupid enough to try to gain access to Machrihanish covertly you will, at the very least, have your photograph taken or you may even be videoed. You will know nothing about it unless you decide to chance your luck again and really nose around. You will almost certainly be prosecuted under civil law (trespassing is a civil offence not criminal) or under Section 2 of the Official Secrets Act.

As to the length of the runway, official RAF records clearly state that the runway is 10,000 feet long. Divide that by 3 to get yards then divide the result by 1,760 and you land up with 1.89 miles in old money @ 1,760 yards to a mile. So my apologies, especially to Kevin and others when I stated the runway was 3 miles. (Still long though 'innit?)

Since joining this thread, I have pulled in a lot of favours in my quest to bring you new updates to old queries, but most of the threads [here] about Machrihanish are all in [the] public domain.

One interesting fact to report though, is the 'apparent' local D Notice, together with the cordon and air exclusion zones that was slapped on the area around both Machrihanish and the site on the Mull, after the Chinook crash in '94. (Apparently there is no record the any of these events and those 'spooky' gentleman who work in P & SS at that 'oh so secret' Rudlow Manor claim that these events did not take place.

This local D Notice and exclusion zone, could have been a 'local' command decision taken by the then base commander, in order to protect the Dark Star black project from becoming public knowledge. It is common knowledge through the then MSU's that when the recovery guys got to the crash site, the yanks were already there, picking their stuff out of the wreckage. I wonder why?

Anything 'new', I'll let you know - soonest!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The darkstar theory is one of many surrounding the chinook crash. It is also known that at the time of the crash, both the CIA and also the Navy Seals were active in the area.

As for getting onto the base, dont worry about the post by Fritz about tresspassing, all you need to do is get a logan air flight from Glasgow airport and they wil happily fly you in. You will even get to land on the 3 mile, oops sorry 1.89 mile
long runway!

What more would you want......

cheers
kev

www.black-triangle.co.uk
eyes and ears on the west coast of Scotland

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Actually Kevin, what I meant was 'after dark' going 'sneaky-beaky' when 'you're not supposed to!'

What I also meant was, don't break the law. Sure you can get a flight in to Machrihanish but, all you'll see is what 'they' want you to see.

That was all I meant, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Dont worry , just pick a destination outside the grounds and start from the other side, unless theres fenceing in the road your not breaking the law.
Remeber there is no tresspassing laws in scotland only breaking and entering.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
That probably wouldn't apply to Crown or Defence land, though.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
If somebody could give me an 8 fig grid ref (centre of site) or the full postal code for Machrihanish, I might be able to come up with a couple of low res arial pics, although I am certainly NOT promising.

As to there is to tresspass laws in Scotland only 'breaking and entering', are there no signs saying something along the lines of: 'This is a Ministry of Defence site under the Official Secrets Act. Tresspassers will be prosecuted'?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
That probably wouldn't apply to Crown or Defence land, though.

Nope , any land is fine.
You see the MOD puts fences up and if you cross that your breaking and entereing.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I put in an FOI request about those unidentified radar contacts i mentioned earlier. Let's hope some decent stuff turns up.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
I put in an FOI request about those unidentified radar contacts i mentioned earlier. Let's hope some decent stuff turns up.

Cool , hopefully you'll get a reply.
BTW you in the RN?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
devilwasp wrote

You see the MOD puts fences up and if you cross that your breaking and entereing.

Don't ever rely on MOD fences as being land boundary markers. It's quite common practice for the MOD property line boundary to start a couple of metres on the "public" side of the fence- normally on a carefully maintained piece of grass. This means that if you reach the fence you're already trespassing!

sneeky

zero lift

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Never rely on the fact that MOD puts up fences. This is not always the case. RAF Kemble in Gloucestershire - although now almost entirely civilianized, also same status as Machrihanish - is still protected by the old Infra Red Intruder System (IRIS) system which is operational.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hopefully this request will come through. It says allow 20 days, so time to start counting on monday.

Devilwasp: I'm not actually RN. I'm 16 and still at school (taking GCSEs in May), but may be RN one day. (I'm thinking of 6th form bursaries and university cadetships, I'm going to apply to army and navy and see which'l give me one.)

Speaking of sneaking with cameras, most airfields I've been up close to (lossiemouth and Boscombe down) have plenty of signs saying 'No Photography' every few metres along the fence.

I'm sure the MDP wuld be more than happy to confiscate anyone they saw sneaking arounds kit.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
To minimi:
Dude , same here!
Hope you dont mind me asking but what branch you going in for? Rateing,tiff or officer?

On topic:
Hmm, you could get away with walking on MOD property then couldnt you.
Since it isnt labeled MOD property.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Heh, I'm thinking about the RNZN myself after Uni.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In regards to the previous mention of the chinook crash, I would love to belive that it was the aurora that was to blame for the accident but have recently heard what seems to me is just as plausable a cause for the accident and the following coverup.

Apparently the Chinook was returning from Ireland with several high ranking persons on board. Now as the story goes some branch of the IRA had got wind of this and either had the opportunity to plant some explosives on the aircraft or arranged for the aircraft to be fired upon, possibly with an rpg.
Military embarresment over their failure to protect their own high ranking personell may be the possible reason for the coverup.

Personally I cannot confirm if this is the truth as I am not familiar with all the facts of this incident. I just thought it may be of interest to some of you who know more about this subject.

The source of this information was my very good friend who had family based at Machrihanish at the time, and had some involvement in the aftermath of the accident.

Hopefully this info might be of some use to you all.

Best wishes,
Oakley.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
If somebody could give me an 8 fig grid ref (centre of site) or the full postal code for Machrihanish, I might be able to come up with a couple of low res arial pics, although I am certainly NOT promising.

Fritz, you are the second person that has actually offered to help me on Sat or Aerial Photos.

This is what I have in terms of location:

Longitude: -5.73309
Latitude: 55.4226

A postcode I have is PA28 6PT, but this is actually 1 mile south of the base.

I really hope you or somebody can help me out with the Sat or Aerial photos.

Thanks, AW

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealth_chaser
As for getting onto the base, dont worry about the post by Fritz about tresspassing, all you need to do is get a logan air flight from Glasgow airport and they wil happily fly you in.
www.black-triangle.co.uk

Stealth_chaser, I am a bit surprised by your comments to Fritz. Considering you are the “eyes and ears on the west coast of Scotland” you don’t seem to have much of an inquisitive nature on this point. Do you live there? Do you keep it under surveillance all the time? Have any insider information? Have you already done previous on the ground investigations?

I accept the obvious about RAF Machrihanish that would reduce the security of the base:

- You can fly into “Campbeltown Int’l Airport” a couple of times a week,
- You can hear the radio ‘chit chat’ (love your site! Wish the TeamSpeak server would work on a Apple! Seems only PC.)
- Vestus has a wind turbine plant next to the base,
- It is under “enhanced caretaker” status,
- A golf course is near by.

I think these facts, I believe, make this base a PERFECT place to hold covert activities!!!!!!!

When you flew into the base on your Logan Air flight, you came in the East end of the runway and in that little shoebox of a terminal building they have built. So what! That terminal is empty most of the time and especially at night. Even if was open; it could be closed down in ten minutes. This is no Glasgow Airport with 1000s of people.

Regarding the transmissions from the Bunker Intercepts Station, you only get the civilian and the broadcasts the military allows you to hear. There could be transmissions of a covert nature (burst mode) all the bloody time for all we would hear!

Vestus and the golf course gives the place an “all is benign” feel to the place, but again this is the perfect cover. At night, you could bring in anything you want without anybody seeing anything. Fritz is right! Who knows if the underground tunnel to the harbour is real. If it is, then forget seeing anything in the sky!

The number of unconfirmed and strange sightings at the base has increased significantly this last six months. There has been significant number of troops in an out of there. Unfortunately, I am unable to prove that publicly right now, but working on that and will post to this thread asap when I have details. I am going to find out what they are up to there!!!!!
AW

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Heh, I'm thinking about the RNZN myself after Uni.

DeltaNine, nice Avatar! Can you tell me how I can upload my own Avatar. The Q&A provided by ATS does not help me much. Also, in the Control Room for each member it requests a URL for the Avatar. I cant use that to upload a file. I would appreciate any detailed instructions. Thanks AW

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join