It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible UFO sighting near Calumet City, IL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What follows is a transcript of a message I received from a good friend that lives in that area of what he thought was ball lightning. The event took place in July 17, 20015. I have looked at the weather from that day and it did not seem very conducive to lightning of any kind, but ball lightning by nature defies convention. I think he may have seen something. What are your thoughts? Is there anyone here in that area that maybe saw something similar?

"I was driving Approx 70mph westbound on 80/94 about 7 miles from the Torrence ave exit I saw a crackling ball of energy slowly Bob and weave through the sky (very plainly I might add) for a total time of about 9 seconds. It was also moving about 15-20mph (perceived) gaining altitude as it literally zig zagged."

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: InvaderSkich

Well, I've seen ball lightning, and the description fits perfectly. Though it does crackle and fizz, I'm not sure you would hear it in a car.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: InvaderSkich
What follows is a transcript of a message I received from a good friend that lives in that area of what he thought was ball lightning. The event took place in July 17, 20015. I have looked at the weather from that day and it did not seem very conducive to lightning of any kind, but ball lightning by nature defies convention. I think he may have seen something. What are your thoughts? Is there anyone here in that area that maybe saw something similar?

"I was driving Approx 70mph westbound on 80/94 about 7 miles from the Torrence ave exit I saw a crackling ball of energy slowly Bob and weave through the sky (very plainly I might add) for a total time of about 9 seconds. It was also moving about 15-20mph (perceived) gaining altitude as it literally zig zagged."

I saw the exact same thing you are describing last night and just made a Thred

Just to add it was a totally silent night and this lasted for an hour with two relatives watching too.
edit on 25-7-2015 by dingdongdoodah because: add

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InvaderSkich

I drive that corridor between Indiana and Illinois a lot. It's 5 to 6 lanes in each direction and heavily travelled day and night. If you saw this, so did many others. Have you found any other reports?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh my goodness. Calumet City is very near the bulls-eye center of UFO activity! Check it out...
patch.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I have tried looking for other reports but so far have been unsuccessful, due mostly to my extremely limited internet capabilities. I can only get on with an old smart phone at work, and am lucky I can even access this sight. I tried the mufon app but mostly they just wanted to sell me things. Can anyone suggest somewhere better?

top topics

join