It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Oklahoma teen survives attack that killed family, identifies brothers as murderers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It is 2 stupid boys who didn't get their xbox or their .22 gun for their birthday, or mom wanted them to come home before dark and they were busy killing rabbits in the field. Dumb boys with a backpack of trouble, at most for the variety of havoc they had, I think they are huffing paint. That's why juvie hall exists, because some brothers are evil.

See the signs. Is your sibling usually slaughtering small animals and now he's in a dry spell? Then he's plotting against you. Is brother crying shakily that mom doesn't give him enough money for the movies? Then he might snap against the family. If he is an alcoholic and going through withdrawals, he might go carnal. Teen boys are weird like that, they don't have it together.

So sorry their family got hurt.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah, I'd have to say it's meth. They had that look. Oklahoma had a big meth problem when I was out that way in 2000-2002. I can imagine it only got worse.

I don't know if it's gotten any worse since then. I think it was more widespread and undetected back then and especially in the 90's.
From what I've read these kids were from a very strict family who lived in a gated community. Broken Arrow is known for being rich and elitist. They were homeschooled and not allowed to play with other kids in the neighborhood. I don't doubt the drug angle, but I think they just cracked.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Fathers wanting their sons to be like them and follow in their footsteps and enforcing it harshly is not limited to the so-called "redneck" community. The pressures of social conformity know no one group in life.

I imagine if you had a son and he wanted to grow up to be a quote "redneck prick" there might be a quite a bit of friction and pressure to socially conform to your preferred set of standards.

In fact, my cousin is very likely what you might call a quote "redneck prick" and has two kids - son and daughter. The daughter is more like what he might have preferred in the son and the son is the artsy kid who likes glee club and geek pursuits. My cousin is OK with it.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Update: it appears that one of the slain brothers is the one that called 911 after he had been attacked. Authorities are saying that he saved the two sisters with his call because the brothers had every intention of wiping out the family had police not arrived when they did.

Authorities have now stopped providing any details about the brothers' plans beyond the family because new information has caused the investigation to shift. Local media has learned that authorities are looking in to some sort of shipment that came to the home a few days ago. Sources are telling media it may have been a shipment of "several boxes" of ammunition.

ETA forgot the updated link

fox23.com...
edit on 25-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Offended? My anecdote related to my on topic post. That man harmed my family in my ways, my judgement stands.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So you can use one person to slur an entire group of people? How ... bigoted of you.

I'm sorry he hurt your family, but he's one person, not an entire group.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You can take it that way if you want. I don't care. Red-neck culture tends to reject disorders, mental illnesses and therapy. That's why I included it. Be offended, no skin off me.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm from the same area where this happened, i just moved away from a town thats about 15-20 miles from where this took place. I'm also a younger man who has been around drugs, and i can tell you that these guys look to me like tweakers, just like a few others have stated.

Broken Arrow is a more affluent town, its a suburb of Tulsa and it's mostly better off people who live there, Not rich, just middle class at least, not ghetto for certain. I know people who live there and i went to a community college that was about 10 blocks from being in Broken Arrow.

Anyways... These kids look like, in my opinion, typical Oklahoma tweaker teens. Some of them get so far out there you literally cannot trust them at all no matter how well you know them. They steal like its the thing to do, they'll kill you too if they get in some delusion they are convinced is real and think your out to get them. I've seen things like this happen.

I could quite literally go on all day about tweakers. You can never know what their true motives were unless they tell us imo. They may not even remember.

If i were a betting man that's what i would say this is, but we'll see what the kids say when it comes time.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I wish folks would stop trying to make logical sense out a senseless situation. For someone to do this is not logical or will not make sense to us at all. Only they know why, and will only be revealed if they wish to reveal it themselves.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You can take it that way if you want. I don't care. Red-neck culture tends to reject disorders, mental illnesses and therapy. That's why I included it. Be offended, no skin off me.

And I'm pointing out that awful people are awful people.

Do you want to know who the worst person in my family is? The one who has been the cruelest and most thoughtless and undercut my mom time and again at family gatherings? That's right - The thoughtful and compassionate family liberal! And I could go into making all kinds of connections there between her behavior and how it might have something to do with her politics and culture like you do.

But you know what? I don't blame her political leanings for her behavior. She's just an awful person.
edit on 26-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join