It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Oklahoma teen survives attack that killed family, identifies brothers as murderers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This story was posted last night by another member and unfortunately the story got wildly derailed nearly from the outset. Mods, I think the story deserves attention but if you don't want to roll the dice on it, that's fine.

As of last night all that was known was two brothers had killed multiple members of their family. The brothers are aged 18 and 16. This morning it comes out that the older brother has given a full confession already but has not given a motive for the murders. The brothers had plans to continue their killing spree after they finished the family off.

The brothers fled from the home when one of the victims was able to call 911 and leave the line open. When police arrived, officers heard moaning coming from inside the home. Officers made entry and discovered the victims. They also found a two year old girl hiding in a closet unharmed. Officers found multiple knives and a hatchet they believe were used in the murders. A police K9 was called and tracked the two brothers into the woods where they were taken into custody.

Will update as more information becomes available.

kfor.com...
edit on 25-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Must have been a horrible scene to witness.

Don't envy the Law when it comes to things such as this...

Good to hear that the little girl was unharmed.

I can't imagine what derailed the other thread.

Wait this is ATS, it had to be partisanship, amarite?

Anyways, glad they found them, without a confession as to why, motive on cases such as this are usually mental in nature, but given that there is two involved...
I wouldn't speculate.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I won't even get into it beyond saying there were multiple comments removed already before it even hit two full pages. I'm hoping we can avoid that this time around.

This is the kind of crime that is hardest to deal with for most law enforcement. I know a few guys that just can't deal with homicide involving children, period. It's an awful, awful thing to walk into.

As for motive, the oldest brother looks like he's been hitting "the pipe" or needle or something. He has a totally vacant look to him. Even the younger one looks a bit out there to me, but doesn't have the same drug addled look to him. What struck me most when it comes to motivation is them saying they planned to continue with non family victims. That speaks to something more than just "dad was a jerk and mom let him be one."

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What a horrific thing to have gone through. Can't even imagine it. Stabbing's a very personal way to kill someone, isn't it? Could have been a lot of rage or anger there...at something.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Don't blame you fella.

I had the same outlook as to motive, I did wonder of child abuse but to then plan to go on and keep killing kinda (not completely) negates that in my opinion.

Drug addicts do crazy things, and if you're right that he looks smacked off his nut, it makes sense.
edit on 25-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
There's a lot of evil in the world and it just seems to be getting worse as time goes on. I'm sure this stuff happened "back in the day" but either it was so common then that no one ever remarks on it like they do on mafia violence or it actually wasn't all that common.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

That was the first thing I noticed. He looked like he had meth face, but then someone else later on said it might have been the blood of other family members which was just horribly macabre.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah...it's the perennial question - Does it happen more or do we just hear about it more? I'd really rather neither.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Looking at the link, he does seem to look like a meth head.

His face looks gaunt and ravaged from drug abuse.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Also has the same bug-eyed look as Holmes and Loughner. What's up with that?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think it's a combination of things. More population = more loons. Add Internet to the mix and we can hear about what a loon on China did, when 75 years ago we never would have.

@ Ketsuko - drug sores, scratches from a victim, scratches from getting planted into the ground during the arrest. All of its possible.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Not aware of this Holmes fellow...

But yeah Loughner definitely has a similar look going on.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Not aware of this Holmes fellow...

But yeah Loughner definitely has a similar look going on.

Oh, you are aware of Holmes, you just may not recognize the name. He's the Colorado movie killer.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The aurora theater shooter.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
@Ketsuko & Shamrock...

Oh that guy, yeah he seemed pretty drugged out as well.

His courtroom photos are bizarre.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

This is not just tragic, but absolutely unthinkable.

I cannot conceive of a situation which could induce a person to butcher both parents and siblings with such wanton violence, and unrelenting brutality. That is, of course, unless some sort of extremely powerful psychotropic substance plays a part, and every indication thus far would point toward that being a factor, even given that part of what points in that direction is the condition of the suspects in their photographs, and the absence of another suggested possible motive.

It is, however, early in the investigative process. There is much we do not yet know. What I do know, is that this crime is amongst the most awful I have heard of for some time, and my main concern is for the thirteen year old and two year old, both of whom survived the onslaught. I hope the thirteen year old pulls through, but I fear for her mental state going forward. Although one might expect the two year old to come out of this experience with a chance at a "normal" life, the condition both physical, and mental of the thirteen year old victim, will require a great deal of nurture and peace in order to improve long term. I hope to God she makes it.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It makes you wonder what went on in that family that would cause this, because something happened.
I imagine a mix of neglect,drugs,abuse,who knows what else?!

Terrible story.

I hope something gets learned from it that makes a difference elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

My honest thinking from experience... and this might upset people so I hope they read through the post before having a knee-jerk reaction.

"Skinny bones" is common in males with spectrum disorder. This can cause a skeletal look with the bug eyes. I have a first cousin who looks very similar. He also went undiagnosed until his late teens and his father is a harsh, red-neck prick. I love my cousin and he has a heart of gold for people he loves but is a bit scary when moral conflicts come up or he feels threatened etc... I worry greatly about him. I can only imagine how he'd be now if his father were worse. Perhaps there was some severe abuse going on, I wonder that about many of these similar looking boys/young men that end up committing horrific crimes.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

As for motive, the oldest brother looks like he's been hitting "the pipe" or needle or something. He has a totally vacant look to him.

That's my first thought, too, he must be on—or strung out on—some hardcore drugs.

That's the only thing that makes sense, losing grip on reality and lashing out with such brutality, which we've seen from other people taking hardcore drugs (bath salts, meth, etc) and dissociating from reality.
edit on 25-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yeah, I'd have to say it's meth. They had that look. Oklahoma had a big meth problem when I was out that way in 2000-2002. I can imagine it only got worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join