It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Ordered by City to Keep BBQ Smell From Leaving His Property

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Augustus is bringing bacon wrapped babies .

You bring the Goat...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: jude11

Hi, friendly EPA guy here. Don't open those beers as the smell of alcohol may offend others. Hey!!! and get rid of those nuts for goodness sake. Some people have allergies!!! And...goddam it,,,you brought along a packet of crisps. The noisy bag may incur a noise control regulation fine if you crinkle it!! Now get inside and turn the flamin TV and stereo down..NOW.

Bally

Except none of this is actually happening and all you're doing is ranting about nonsense in order to get yourself and others all worked up about absolutely nothing at all.

You people just so desperately want things to scream about that you'll even manufacture them to give you that sense of "fighting the man!"

It's getting ridiculous. You're really no better than the Daily Heil readers here in the UK who spend most of their time enraged over things that AREN'T HAPPENING.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
OMG! What a shock, the compliant was against a black person.

Am I just a hardcore pessimist, or would a compliant like this never be made against a guy with a typical white redneck american family guy appearance?

We all BBQ, regardless of color.

Which is kind of my point.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
One of the comments in the story in the link under the video says that BBQs are EXEMPT in Pinellas county as far as smoke regulations. Part 3, exemptions. Might be just a nit. And an argument he'll win in court.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Except the article you link to only seems to outline the fact that the EPA is working on measures to prevent pollution, it has nothing to do with the video you posted.

The video is also taken out of context, the title doesn't seem to support the claim being made about this. The guy has clearly arrived to tell them that their use of their BBQ equipment is causing a nuisance to neighbors, and without knowing the rest of the information how can you claim that this isn't true?

All of this just seems like more desperate excuse to rail against "big bad gubment", and nothing more.

I was waiting for you.

Take the message to heart:

From Klassified:

The other vid in the OP is showing an Govt. ass-hat walking onto a citizen's private property and confronting him about his BBQ. If you're ok with that, that's your right I guess. If you can't read between the lines and see what is coming, that's your right as well.

After all, it's not just about a BBQ is it?

Jude

edit on 25-7-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013
Unwind your panties it was sarcasm..Anyway,that's ridiculous..I mean you got to be a total prude to not like the smell of sweet BBQ,Mmmm...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Said in jest mate. Not ranting. I laughed at the whole situation. No screaming involved, I assure you. I've had similar issues with neighbours to the point that I chucked it in and moved from a similar urban legoland.

Best decision I ever made. BBQ's anytime I want and I have a smoke house for me pork.

Cheers and homebrew beers,

Bally

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Is he allowed to fart or take a crap ONLY if the smell stays on his property too?

Your local government is seriously stupid.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Alright, you can come to the party too.

Can you pick up some fresh Cilantro on your way? Gonna need to make a bigger batch of salsa!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

He can fart but he ain't allowed to light them up.
Bally

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Except the article you link to only seems to outline the fact that the EPA is working on measures to prevent pollution, it has nothing to do with the video you posted.

The video is also taken out of context, the title doesn't seem to support the claim being made about this. The guy has clearly arrived to tell them that their use of their BBQ equipment is causing a nuisance to neighbors, and without knowing the rest of the information how can you claim that this isn't true?

All of this just seems like more desperate excuse to rail against "big bad gubment", and nothing more.

I was waiting for you.

From Klassified:

The other vid in the OP is showing an EPA ass-hat walking onto a citizen's private property and confronting him about his BBQ. If you're ok with that, that's your right I guess. If you can't read between the lines and see what is coming, that's your right as well.

Jude

The video has nothing to do with the EPA as the guy says several times he is from the County and that it was do to a complaint about smoke blowing into a neighbors yard. The article is about a grant to study ways to make grills less polluting. That Fox news runs as something that the EPA is coming after your grills. One story has nothing to do with other and the other is full of hyper-bowl with nothing to back it up.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

I was waiting for you.

From Klassified:

The other vid in the OP is showing an EPA ass-hat walking onto a citizen's private property and confronting him about his BBQ. If you're ok with that, that's your right I guess. If you can't read between the lines and see what is coming, that's your right as well.

Jude

The video has nothing to do with the EPA as the guy says several times he is from the County and that it was do to a complaint about smoke blowing into a neighbors yard. The article is about a grant to study ways to make grills less polluting. That Fox news runs as something that the EPA is coming after your grills. One story has nothing to do with other and the other is full of hyper-bowl with nothing to back it up.

Does it really have to be spelled out?

EPA funds the study

County shows up to a BBQ

From the source you are denying:

The local ordinance, similar to countless others across the country, falls in line with a longstanding effort from the Environmental Protection Agency that aims to limit everything from BBQs to wood stoves under the guise of reducing pollution.

govtslaves.info...
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

See the pattern of yet another money grab law surfacing? THAT'S what is at issue here.

ETA: I had to re-visit your post because something stuck out for me. You are right that it wasn't an EPA officer but rather a County Slave. This was my mistake in typing. My apologies.

I knew what I was saying but alas, my fingers did not.

Peace

Jude
edit on 25-7-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The guy has clearly arrived to tell them that their use of their BBQ equipment is causing a nuisance to neighbors, and without knowing the rest of the information how can you claim that this isn't true?

Just one neighbor, actually, who according to these guys has called police and fire department on numerous occasions because of the 'smell'.

She's the only one having a problem, they should cite her for misuse of the emergency response system.

That they don't and focus on these guys suggests systemic abuse…

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The video has nothing to do with the EPA as the guy says several times he is from the County and that it was do to a complaint about smoke blowing into a neighbors yard.

The guy in the video also randomly goes out of his way to state the reason he is there has nothing to do with racism.

Now... if a cop pulled me over in my car and I randomly made a comment about not possessing illegal drugs... the first thing that cop is going to do is be suspicious that I have illegal drugs in my car and then proceed to search my vehicle for suspicion of illegal contraband.......... just saying.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD
I'm so happy not to live in Florida; what a disgusting asshat, bottomed out state.

Enjoy your freedom. I moved down here to go to a college when my parents got a house here. At one point they had to actually repaint their mailbox, because its color was not on an approved list of colors. I can't say a single good thing about Florida, and I can't wait for the day I finish my degree program and GTFO.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You'd think the smell of BBQ would be preferred over the smell of living in a s#!+ hole.
edit on 07am08am312015-07-25T08:37:59-05:0008America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

i knew someone would come along and make it a raciest deal.
how do you know that it wasn't a black neighborhood, and the woman wasn't a old cranky black lady.

edit on 25-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That they don't and focus on these guys suggests systemic abuse…

well it could be that, but you also notice that the guys said the fire department and police told them to not worry about it and to " go ahead On" statrting at 1:58 mark. so clearly it's not the county, fire department or the police that are foucing on these guys. it's the old lady.
as i said to another poster
"how do you know that it wasn't a black neighborhood, and the woman wasn't a old cranky black lady."

edit on 25-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

i knew someone would come along and make it a raciest deal.
how do you know that it wasn't a black neighborhood, and the woman wasn't a old cranky black lady.

Just calling it like I see it mate.

A white bloke investigating a totally ridiculous complaint, well going out of his way to be amendment that it was nothing personal. Which makes me suspicious that it was personal.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Dude says everyone is allowed to cook out except me.

And I'll say it, he's black.

But don''t mention that.

Yeah, everyone else on the street is allowed to BBQ with no complaints. I'd say he's got an issue with his neighbor. I wonder if the neighbor ever BBQ'd. This is a harassment issue from the neighbor. I'm surprised the county is even getting involved. Has she called on any other neighbors?
edit on 25-7-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join