It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Christianity command believers to follow Satan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A logical argument can be made that Christianity commands believers to follow Satan by combining Matthew 4 and Romans 13.

In Matthew 4 verse 9 in my opinion it states clearly that Satan was in control of "all the kingdoms of the world." You have to use a little logic to deduce that. To me it's obvious, Satan could only give something away that he was in control of.

Matthew 4
New International Version
Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness

1Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempteda by the devil. 2After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’b ”

5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6“If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“ ‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’c ”
7Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’d ”

8Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9“All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’e ”

11Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Let's look at Romans 13.

Romans 13
New International Version
Submission to Governing Authorities

1Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

My argument is simple, according to the Bible:

Satan is in control of "all the kingdoms of the world."

Romans 13 commands Christians to "be subject to the governing authorities."

Therefore, Christianity commands believers to follow Satan.

I believe that's perfect logic. Am I missing something?
edit on 25-7-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well I think that the old testament's god is Satan and that he isn't the same god that Jesus talks about.

Also, because it is said that Jesus as died for our sins this would mean that humans are free to sin if they at least believe that Jesus died for them.

And, good Christians that believe that the revelations is a prophecy aren't to be trusted to stop evil because they think that in the end, it's ok for everything to get worst because Jesus will come back and save those same people that didn't do anything but wait on their asses.

The writings pretty much point out that the earth belongs and/or is commanded by Satan...it's no wonder that people that "sell their souls" to him get to enjoy earth's pleasures like fame and riches.

I don't feel like Christians are commanded to follow Satan from the writings but I still think that many ideas in the bible makes good men do nothing to stop evil and that's a big part of a deception.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

That's the big G for you I guess. I also guess that Satan was forgiven for deceiving Eve in the Garden of Eden because he was granted a ton of leeway and control of the world. It's almost as if.. he's been working with God all along. Humans on the other hand, are now born in sin and suffer the pains of child birth. Thanks God, for forgiving Satan and not humanity.
edit on 7-25-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
God created Satan so who to believe? (duo contributors) to an after effect NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE.

edit on 25-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
If you take bits and pieces from your OP you make a very interesting statement

These are your words Profusion

"A logical argument can be made that To me it's obvious, I Am simple"

Not in context obviously but still your words

Bit silly isn't it

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Except Roman is Paul's opinion, who never met Jesus while alive, and Matthew is about what eyewitnesses heard Jesus say while alive.

So, if The Gospel is true (rather than Paul's opinions, Jesus never said to follow Satan.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

That's the way I've always seen it.

Poor Christians, trying to conquer the world while praying for it to be destroyed. Life is a love/hate relationship with some.

edit on 25-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Well spotted you lawyer, haha. Yes it appears that we have got to do as we are told by Satan. Christianity is hard work because there are many such inconsistencies. It blew my mind as one trying to be a good Christian. I have had to relax that for sanity's sake. I'll never speak a bad word about Jesus though. He was a rebel for sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Except Roman is Paul's opinion, who never met Jesus while alive, and Matthew is about what eyewitnesses heard Jesus say while alive.

So, if The Gospel is true (rather than Paul's opinions, Jesus never said to follow Satan.

Very true. All Jesus said about it was that if they slap you on the face give them the other cheek, too. That is an ultimate weapon and a game changer in life for sure. Also, He said give to Cesar what is Cesar's and to God what is God's.

It just shows how amazing Jesus was compared to His peers who, no matter how hard they tried, could not match Him for wisdom.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I think Christianity is designed to make you chase your tail. Most concepts are riddled with hypocracy and conflicting messages.

Personally the "God" of Christianity reminds me of someone with Bi-Polar disorder if you compare the Old Testament with the New Testament.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Paul is a false prophet from my point of view.

Some people hate Yeshua teachings due to Paul:s lies and Yeshua:s answer is. Mark 3:28-3:30

Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin." He said this because they were saying, "He has an impure spirit.

It is not Yeshua they hate but the corruption that came after Yeshua that screwed up the message. There is a lot of souls around this worlds that are pure spirits without being part of Paul:s Christian dogma and would call Yeshua their soul brother if they meet him.

Matthew 25:31-46 is a perfect proof that Paul is a goat herder since he create people who say they follow Yeshua but do not do it in action.

If a soul walks the road towards anointment it will sooner or later receive it and know some of the hidden mysteries of the world.

I would like to point out that not all who call themselves Christians are goats. There is the seed of love in many of them. The light shining thru.

edit on 25-7-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

1 Peter 2
13 Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.

Submit to the emperor who is the supreme authority ? I thought God was the supreme authority.

The bible is a manifesto created by TPTB that promotes submission to authority of any kind, including them. Yes, the bible is Satanic because even Satan masquerades as an angel of light. People have been tricked into worshipping Satan, a.k.a. man and his power struggle.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes it is definitely implying that if we are good then the emperor will reward us and if we are bad then the emperor will punish us. Jesus wasn't bad and they sure as hell punished Him.

Jesus broke the Moses laws all over the shop. he stopped them stoning the woman, didn't obey the Sabbath, didn't obey laws of cleanliness, hung out with women and talked with them (some wealthier women even supported He and His ministry financially). That quote from Peter is not adding up to the actions of Jesus. I fully get the giving to Cesar what is his bit, that makes sense, but in all honesty at times Peter and Paul seem to be doing very much the contrary and opposite of what Christ said.

ps: It is almost like they all dampened Christ's fire in an attempt to appease Rome, like a politician softening up and selling out just to get elected, presenting a diluted version of Christ, especially regarding women. The gospels tell us that Mary Magdalene was the first to announce His resurrection to the world, before all the disciples got see Him risen. He appeared to her first. That means Mary is the author of Christian belief in His resurrection. We all know that it has taken two thousand years for women to gain an equal voice in denominations. Even now they only have minority status and the Roman Catholics still don't allow them as priests at all.
edit on 25-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

“How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!”

(NIV) Isaiah 14:12

I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and kthe descendant of David, the bright morning star.

(NIV) Revelations 22: 16

St. Jerome (and others) translated the words "morning star" as lucifer, aka light bearer or bringer.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

John 8:12

Jesus is "the lion of the the tribe of Judah" (Rev. 5:5) and Satan is "a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." (1 Pet. 5:8)

So Satan wants to eat you, and Jesus wants you to eat him. (Mat. 26:26) Fetishistic cannibalism?

Not for nothin', Job 1:6 also says "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them." So Satan is among the company of the Sons of god. Job 2:1 says the same thing.

Just sayin'
edit on 8Sat, 25 Jul 2015 08:15:41 -050015p082015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Yeah, Paul and Peter seem to be in it for themselves in my opinion, not in it for truth. I think there's a reason for that, they were spies working for Rome that infiltrated Jesus' message and changed it.

There's a link in my signature about Paul and Peter that I did a while back that talks about this. "Paul: Rome's version of the Trojan Horse", check it out if you're interested. I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually the same person going under different names. Just a theory but I think it makes sense. Make Peter an apostle in the gospels to give him credibility then turn him into Paul in order to change Jesus' message then have Peter (who is Paul) support Paul's (who is Peter) changed message.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yep, I have read your thread there and many of your posts over the years. I am in remission having pulled out of traditional Christianity.

I think it better to be honest and in the spirit of honesty I'm not sure Jesus did ever rise from the dead. He might have been one amazing Che Guevara of His day and met with the same kind of execution death as Che. Perhaps He had so many people who liked Him and were so shocked and abhorred by His death that they decided it was time to dismantle what Judaism had become, what Christ described as a Temple full of thieves and a whole wealth of "viper" metaphors, which had slaughtered an innocent man for their self interests. They pursued the Greek/Persian/Pagan creative alternative and in that climate designed a new religion. I'm not saying Judaism is like that now. Judaism has undergone its own liberalisation as we know, but it was like that then. It appears the King (Herod) and the ruling priesthood had sold out big time to their Roman overlords.

I don't know is the simple answer. Your arguments are very persuasive. Above all Jesus is to me a very fine teacher who can teach humanity many healthy lessons about life. Like He said, His actions tell us the composition of His soul and it was a very special soul indeed, enough to inspire people to insure memory of Him and His life survive to this day.

edit on 25-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

There are a lot of believers today who have met Him, but they have in the same manner Paul did. Thing is Jesus triumphed over death and rose from the dead to life. So to say that Paul never met Him alive isn't quite accurate unless you are every single person today who has experienced a manifestation of Him in their life a liar.

It's also not true to say Paul never met Him alive. Christ isn't dead. He wasn't after He left the tomb, so Paul couldn't met Him dead. He met Him alive same as any other believer today who experiences a manifestation.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
People still claim to see Elvis as well.

EDIT: Only said to say that what people believe is happening isn't always what is happening.

The point of the thread is an interesting textual analysis regarding Jesus and Satan.

Not questioning (or establishing) the reality of religious faith.
edit on 9Sat, 25 Jul 2015 09:10:38 -050015p092015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So to say that Paul never met Him alive isn't quite accurate unless you are every single person today who has experienced a manifestation of Him in their life a liar.

Spirits know how to manifest to people, so no, that wouldn't mean he is alive nor would it mean they are liars.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

So to say that Paul never met Him alive isn't quite accurate unless you are every single person today who has experienced a manifestation of Him in their life a liar.

Spirits know how to manifest to people, so no, that wouldn't mean he is alive nor would it mean they are liars.

Not to mention, you know, schizophrenia and drug hallucinations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join