It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Phenomena

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Evening all. Thought I would drop by and give you an interesting experience that my friend and I witnessed.

We were standing outside on the balcony, facing East. Other than noticing only a few lingering contrails, the sky was extremely clear. From our point of view, the moon is positioned southwest in the sky. I was glancing the stars when I looked directly up and saw a bright light. For a second I thought it was just another star but it was too bright and too big to be. As soon as that thought struck me the light began moving and fading out. Before I knew it, it vanished. The whole process was less than 5 seconds. Whatever it was, I think it knew I noticed it.

Just an experience that doesn't happen often so I thought I would share.

EF

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ExternalForces

Many here will say it was a plane. But I have experienced phenomenon that no aviation expert can confirm as being real, and from certain experts in UFO's that I have spoken to about it, 4/5 of them state that my experience was directed towards me, from my subconscious, directed towards me and my son, using the time of day and way it happened, so it ay be the same with you...That you were meant to experience this happening in order to ask questions about the world or about yourself.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Thank you for acknowledging my experience and telling me that you have had them. In no way was it a plane, a ship possibly, but not a plane. I'm glad that I got to experience it. It provided answers, yet so many more questions. Ironically, I witnessed two faint shooting stars prior to the event. Our cosmic neighborhood is very active tonight. I wonder if it has to do with NASA's big announcement yesterday?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Could it have been a satellite? And you just caught it at its closest to you and reflecting light?

I dont doubt that you saw something, Im just trying to eliminate possibilities.

edit on 24-7-2015 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I've had a near identical experience.

Back in 2008, my (sadly now deceased and much missed!) dog woke me up at 3AM wanting to go outside so she could answer the call of nature. As I let her out into my yard I glanced up at the sky and noticed a bright blue light towards the east; my exact thought upon seeing it was "that's not supposed to be there", at which point it instantly reacted and moved sharply "up" and faded out after a few seconds (my impression was that it rapidly gained altitude, but it's difficult to say from sure from the ground). It's difficult to explain without sounding a little crazy, but my impression was very much that it reacted upon my realization that it wasn't a natural phenomena.

Only footnote I would add is that I live in a small town on the edge of a farming community, and the cattle in the field in the direction of the light were making an awful racket and continued to do so for quite some time even after the light disappeared; in all my years living hear I've not heard them make such a commotion before or since. I had the feeling that this wasn't a coincidence, but again I can't say for certain that the two events were connected.

As for answers, well I'm afraid I have none; as you said however, I'm glad that I experienced it even though it's frustrating not being able to explain it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have had similar experiences. I may never be certain of just what happened, but it is a nice moment to reflect on.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

Could it have been a satellite? And you just caught it at its closest to you and reflecting light?

I can't speak for the OP, but in my case a friend suggested that I may have seen a flash from an iridium flare on a satellite; I've observed satellites slowly moving across the sky late at night several times, and this object/light moved nothing like them. I would concede that this is the most likely conventional explanation however, but I don't feel that it's a likely explanation for what I saw that night.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dimethylmercury

I was actually thinking about using the word up but in space you really can't tell which way is up and which way is down. They have to use objects of interest to help identify a direction. The only way I know how to describe it is the fact that the way it was moving looked like warp speed.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

I dont doubt that you saw something, Im just trying to eliminate possibilities.

Are there any photos or videos on the internet that give an example of the reflection or possibly, an iridium flare?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces
Evening all. Thought I would drop by and give you an interesting experience that my friend and I witnessed.

We were standing outside on the balcony, facing East. Other than noticing only a few lingering contrails, the sky was extremely clear. From our point of view, the moon is positioned southwest in the sky. I was glancing the stars when I looked directly up and saw a bright light. For a second I thought it was just another star but it was too bright and too big to be. As soon as that thought struck me the light began moving and fading out. Before I knew it, it vanished. The whole process was less than 5 seconds. Whatever it was, I think it knew I noticed it.

Just an experience that doesn't happen often so I thought I would share.

EF

Soooo many possible explanations. Why do you think it noticed you I ask.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dimethylmercury

I also have seen satellites and this wasn't one. I live in the city and in no way are they remotely possible to see from where I am. Too much light pollution. Which is another subject that won't be discussed here.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
welcome to the irifium flare club....look yours up on the schedule....for your location....cool huh!! some last 5 seconds or less for a full brite flsh......
some last 12 seconds of getting it flash..... you are correct....rare to just spot one.....but do the search for the schedule.....cool huh!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Still searching. No sign of a schedule yet. Actually, a lot of very confusing links. I'm actually wondering if you didn't mean an Iridium flare and not Irifium?
Very interesting things I'm finding though. Enlightening, yes.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Nevermind. I found Irifium flare.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think most of us have seen something similar to what the OP saw, but just kind of ignore it as a plane, hellicopter or some strange weather anomaly.
Myself, I've seen odd lights in the sky that last for ten or so seconds, then disappear. I don't doubt for a second that these things, whatever they are, are out there trying to get our attention for some reason.

The question is, do they only show certain people who are looking at the sky at the time. Do they know you're looking at the sky.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

I do have a very fond liking of the cosmos and always have since I was a kid. I could dazzle in awe just glancing up at the sky. Still can. I would give anything to be able to study and research astrophysics. According to what I found... these flares can only be seen at certain times! Oh, how my Spidey Senses are tingling. If a flare is scheduled wouldn't they know you were looking there? Then, the topic arises if they knew you were looking there. Wouldn't the same intended recipient speak of his witnessed Phenomena? I'm not throwing out any possibilities on what it could or couldn't be. Just taking it all in and trying to gain knowledge from other's experiences.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
A couple nights in a row, I was going out into my backyard late at night. We just had a privacy fence installed and we were taking advantage of the nice evenings before the humidity and mosquitoes took full effect. I would sit out on our lawn chairs and pick out the few constellations I know. The Big Dipper was the most prominent constellation in view on these nights, very high above the horizon. I pointed it out to my wife one night and showed her how she could use it to locate the north star Polaris. The following night, I asked her if she could find the dipper and Polaris herself. She did.

Then the night after that, I found myself outside by myself. The wife had gone in to watch TV. I looked straight up and was kind of daydreaming about random stuff. And I noticed this strange pattern in the sky. There were like two enclosed "loops" of stars next to each other, almost like a figure 8 in the sky, with one of the loops being oblong and larger than the other.

It looked somehow familiar, and yet it wasn't exactly any constellation I knew. All of the stars in this formation seemed roughly the same magnitude, with just one or two being brighter than the rest. And I kept staring at it wondering why it was so familiar and yet not. And then all of a sudden it clicked: this was the Big Dipper! BUT, there were four EXTRA stars sitting in place, holding their formation next to the normal Big Dipper stars.

And then, AS SOON as I figured out it was the dipper, these four extra stars just FLOATED out of formation and vanished. They didn't move like planes or shooting stars or anything else I've ever seen. They just drifted away and faded out over the course of a second or two.

Never seen or heard of anything quite like that ever in my life from anybody else. It was like a puzzle in the sky. And as soon as my brain had figured out what happened, it just went back to normal...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Found the schedule. The only possible one it could be was for the 23rd at 04:38 UTC which would make it 00:38 EST. Unless the prediction was somehow off a period of almost 24 hours. Also, the satellite you're questioning was supposed to be coming from the north. When it started to fade it was moving northeast not southwest.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces

Found the schedule. The only possible one it could be was for the 23rd at 04:38 UTC which would make it 00:38 EST. Unless the prediction was somehow off a period of almost 24 hours. Also, the satellite you're questioning was supposed to be coming from the north. When it started to fade it was moving northeast not southwest.

Sounds very much like a Iridium flare. If it helps any, I also have been fooled by the Iridium flare. If you keep an eye out you will see that they return to the same place at the same time for a week, maybe more.

Dont fight it man. it's perfectly normal to be fooled into thinking these could be spaceships from another galaxy trying to make contact, especially if they appear at the same time and place in the sky 4 nights on the trot.

I even set my alarm to watch out for it, then got bored after night four of them ignoring my wishes of..."come take me away oh space faring friends"

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
UFO researcher Michael Swords wrote an article entitled We Know Where You Live that discusses the idea that some UFO observations seem to be the result of intentional displays or "performances" by phenomena directed toward the observer(s).

Very interesting stuff.

<<   2 >>

join