It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portion of my Library on Freemasonry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Almost all of these books are originals from the 1700s, 1800s, or early 1900s.

The Secret Teachings of All Ages [Manly P Hall]

Lost Keys of Freemasonry [Manly P Hall]

The Philosophy of Astrology [Manly P Hall]

Morals and Dogma [Pike]

Born in Blood [John Robinson]

John Quincy Adams on Freemasonry: Letters on the Masonic Institution [President John Quincy Adams]

A Solemn Warning Against Freemasonry [Solomon Southwick]

The Mystery of Freemasonry Unveiled [Cardinal of Chile- with a reprint of Pope Leo X III Humanum Genus]

Grand Orient Freemasonry Unmasked [Dillon]

Freemasonry and the Anti-Christian Movement [Cahill]

The Morgan Episode [Mock]

Clausen’s Commentaries on Morals and Dogma [Clausen]

ISIS Unveiled Volume I (Science) [Helena Blavatsky]

ISIS Unveiled Volume II (Theology) [Helena Blavatsky]

General History of Freemasonry in Europe [Rebold]

The Jew and Masonry [de Clifford]

The Teachings of Freemasonry [Palmer]

The Religion of Masonry [Newton]

The York Rite and Scottish Rite [Masonic Service Association]

The Symbolism of Freemasonry [Mackey]

That Which Was Lost [Sanderson]

Scarlett and the Beast Volume 1, 2, 3 [John Daniel]

The Masters Carpet [Ronayne]

The Character, Claims, and Practical Workings of Freemasonry [Finney]

Monitor of Freemasonry [Richardson]

Mysteries of Freemasonry: An Exposition of the Religious Dogmas and Customs of the Ancient Egyptians Showing From The Origin, Nature, and Object of the Rites and Ceremonies of Remote Antiquity Their Identity with the Order of Modern Masonry with Some Remarks on The Metamorphosis of Apuleius [Fellows]

The Broken Seal [Greene]

Thoughts on Popery [Nevins]

Modern Secret Societies [Blanchard]

Secret Societies of the Middle Ages

Biblical Characters in Freemasonry [van Gorden]

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneWanderer1307

How I envy your collection..knowledge is no doubt the most precious thing one can collect.

That being said I noticed you started your list with a great book, one of my favourites.

I look forward to reading the books you have suggested.

S&F

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this reading list here on ATS! I am curious - after all of your studies (particularly of the Cahill book), what is your impression in terms of the Freemason belief system/life approach? Is there anything worth "condemning" as the Catholic church believs? Or is that religious absurdity based on misunderstanding?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Thank you for sharing this reading list here on ATS! I am curious - after all of your studies (particularly of the Cahill book), what is your impression in terms of the Freemason belief system/life approach? Is there anything worth "condemning" as the Catholic church believs? Or is that religious absurdity based on misunderstanding?

The Catholic Church is right to recognize Freemasonry as a threat/challenge to the long sought Catholic monopoly on the souls of men because Freemasonry offers a spiritual path that breaks free from the Catholic narrative of "one true church, mother church, the only way, the throne of St. Peter, etc."

Freemasonry is not about devil worship but rather the idea that men of all faiths and spiritual backgrounds can come together and unite for the sake of self-improvement, spiritual development, service to their fellow creatures, and that they can do this without the need for specific faith dogma or creed and without the need for a hierarchical ecclesiastical body of religious clerics/elders.

Catholic leaders are right to recognize Freemasonry as a danger to the Roman Catholic church, in the same theme that a gang of burglars is right to recognize armed home-owners as a threat to the gang's prospects of success.

Because the Roman Catholic Church has long sought to shackle and chain mankind to dogmatic superstition it rightly recognizes Freemasonry as an obstacle to that objective.

I have debated with Catholics who are absolutely convinced that George Washington was "sick" and was a "valueless libertine" because he wanted freedom of religion in the USA instead of recognizing the "primacy of Rome" and the "one true church."

When dealing with people who believe they have a monopoly on salvation, if you offer the quaint notion that many roads lead to the same end-zone, they will naturally have antagonistic relations toward you.

By its very nature Freemasonry is not only contrary to Roman Catholicism, it is not only mutually exclusive with Roman Catholicism, it is a natural enemy of Roman Catholicism, the same way that abolitionism is a natural enemy to slavery.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Remember, the Roman Catholic Church did not change because of some great meaningful introspection and a sudden epiphany. They changed because they lost numerous wars with Protestants, they changed because many of their own flock no longer were willing to burn women as witches...

The bishops and cardinals did not decide to willingly and voluntarily allow Bibles to be printed in languages other than Latin, they fought wars to try to stop that, they simply lost. The Roman Catholic Church lost the ability to force their will on others via overt naked military force, they never lost the desire to do so, they lost the ability.

Make no mistake about it, if the cardinals and bishops had willing armies, they would use those armies.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
So you're not a Freemason than?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

What about the greatest Masonic book of all time, How to Serve Man?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

OH! I Know this one......with gravy!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I would add the Claudy books to your collection. They are very well written and provide some interesting historical perspective on the three degrees.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Want to comment to save thread for my next books to read... noticed one caalled Isis unveiled.. are we talking the same terrorist group or something else.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Want to comment to save thread for my next books to read... noticed one caalled Isis unveiled.. are we talking the same terrorist group or something else.

The ancient Egyptian deity, Isis. I am greatly annoyed at Western media for deciding to call a terrorist group, which doesn't even call itself ISIS, and which is actually a coalition of about 50-100 different factions, by the name Isis, because now anytime you search for the Ancient Egyptian deity Isis, it turns up results on the terror group ISIS.
edit on 25-7-2015 by LoneWanderer1307 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join