It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can earthquakes be predicted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Plantrary alighhment, what are you guys going on about!!!

This does not cause earthquakes, and who ever has come up with science should be shot!! This is very bad science.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Hunter
Plantrary alighhment, what are you guys going on about!!!

This does not cause earthquakes, and who ever has come up with science should be shot!! This is very bad science.

uhhh... whatever.... but you might be happy to know, the people who came up with this science. disappeared a few hundred years ago, they were called mayans.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by otlg27
Wave:

Ok. The reason I lashed you that hard is your choice of words made it sound like you were stating it as fact, rather than theory.

[edit]

Regarding historical earthquakes.. it is not uncommon for people to reference on event by another.. 'i.e. shortly after the eclipse'. 'shortly' being relative. I do it with my friends all the time. 'Just a few days ago...' then someone will point out that it was a month.

*old* historical dates are often very 'general'. Eclipses used to be major events for people so it was natural they would relate other signficant occurance to the timing of them (mayan's, etc)

Regards,

Osiris

[edit on 2-1-2005 by otlg27]

i'm sorry if i lashed out myself... but if one were to tihink, 30 days in modern time is a long time, 30 days in old times, was no time at all, it took that sometimes to travel to different cities. and like E_T said, it takes 27 days for the moon to circle the earth, for the moon and earth in speaking of time, thats just one turn.... if that made sense

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
banned member

"urh whatever" , what kind of cheap imatture saying is that

I hate to tell you but no scientific proof exists for predicted earthquakes in this way. Thats a fact, and try and proove it otherwise

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Altho earthquakes cannot be predicted with absolute certiiny there are windows of time when they are more liklely than not . As odd as it may seem the best indicator may be our pets (dogs and cats) . People who have reaserched this say that days before a major quake the lost pet pages in the nearby newspapers have up to 10 times the normal adds for missing pets. Also the high tides and phases of the moon are major factors. The most accruate forcaster that I know of has this website. He has an amasing record of predictions. www.syzygyjob.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join