It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ships Disappearing Over Horizon - Experiments to propose an Alternative Hypothesis.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The pear shape description comes from gravity mapping done by the GOCE satellite.

Bigger at the equator, or rather oblate spheroid, is the most accurate description, as the earth does bulge at the equator, and the poles are flatter.

Saying the earth is round or a sphere is the simplest way of describing it in Layman's terms.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDeuce

Don't need a conclusion to propose other hypothesis to what is happening in nature.

You do have to state the hypothesis, though. Otherwise…

lol forum where it belongs.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Like a point, line and plane which also don't exist in the real world, the only perfect sphere is in mathematics.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Another_Nut

You would like this vid to contemplate . Easy to understand for anyone who can suspend what they think they know and consider just what it shows and means

It shows another STUPID youtube idiot seriously his diagram with his arctic circle, want to explain how others outside the circle still see sunrise and sunset if the earth was flat after all he said they would still see sunrise and sunset

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
a reply to: boymonkey74

hey thats works on the superdome too!

amazing i never knew the superdome was a sphere !

o wait...

and this is the reason you cant have an intelligent conversation with someone who isnt intelligent

good night folks

THE DIFFERENCE IS on a proper spherical object you can continue the experiment walking in the same direction and you will arrive back at your starting point try that on the superdome roof

Which funeral home do you want the flowers sent to

This place really needs to have IQ tests for membership before we all end up like these youtube vegetables.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

This place really needs to have IQ tests for membership before we all end up like these youtube vegetables.

i know right ...its almost like some people cant read

like when someone says ..

While at the seaside watch the sunset lying down and as that last bit of sun disappears jump up and watch the sunset again.
Kinda proves the earth is round.

now if the above proves the earth is round there would be no reason to walk anywhere

but what they really said was ..

THE DIFFERENCE IS on a proper spherical object you can continue the experiment walking in the same direction and you will arrive back at your starting point

...o wait... they didnt say ...

THE DIFFERENCE IS on a proper spherical object you can continue the experiment walking in the same direction and you will arrive back at your starting point

ahh IQ tests ...im sure i could guess the first to go...

but

i would start with those who still think 9/11 was the work of 19 hijackers

o wait...
edit on pm720153112America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jul 2015 12:23:53 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Why would my comment make me need an iq test?.
Have you done it? You get to see the sun set twice in a day.
Care to explain why it does not prove it to be round?
If you think the earth is flat I suggest it is you with an iq problem.
edit on 28-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

i see we have another person who cant read...

IQ tests all around ! lol

the fact is your comment does not prove the earth is round

as that can be done on the top of the superdome to get the same results

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Sorry linked to wrong post it was one about shadows and sticks but hey it doesn't change the fact the Earth is NOT flat.

In the summer months I can see tv news items from a city around 400 miles south of me with a dark sky yet I can look out the window and still have a blue sky care to explain that on a flat Earth

edit on 28-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThreeDeuce

Conclusions
- It seems as if the water and container create a lens distortion on the objects. This distortion seemed maximum about 40% away from the camera (in relation to total distance).
- I wonder if atmospheric water vapor could attest for a similar lens affect, without a container?
- Due to my similar results, this gives me confidence in Joseph's original test
- I have no proposed source of this distortion or phenomena in nature
- With confidence in this test, I propose that it be replicated under different circumstances worldwide
- I plan to test this at longer distance with telescope, or telephoto camera lens.
- Also I feel it is important to consider different shaped containers, two curved sides, single curve, as the container that I tested was double flat
- If proposing an atmospheric lens, we must evaluate the experiment with possible other attributing factors that could play into the light phenomena (chemtrails, pollution, evaporation, high or low humidity, salt spray or waves)

Thank You all....... I would definitely love your input on this phenomena that we see. One thing that I was curious about, was that it could be the bottom of the container that is creating the distortion. Please judge for yourself, but I do not think that this was a factor in the perceived differences.

=ThreeDeuce

I watched the other guys test and he does LOWER his camera to fake what he claims.

A lens has curved surfaces if water is in a curved container then it acts like a lens basic school science well I my part of the world.

Sound waves and light waves change speed when they pass across the boundary between two substances with different densities, such as air and glass. This causes them to change direction and this effect is called refraction.

There is one special case you need to know. Refraction doesn't happen if the waves cross the boundary at an angle of 90° (called the normal) - in that case they carry straight on.

Guess what light traveling from an object to you would be the above case .

If you were at sea level and someone next to you was on a platform a few times your height they would still see the ship after you could not YET they would be looking over a longer distance than you therefore more water in the atmosphere which should have a greater lensing effect but doesn't care to explain that.

In your 3rd video the edge of the container is clearly having an effect on what you are seeing.

You also ask a question about ship masts on the horizon in your second video and how they would appear to you that would depend on their position relative to each ie distance and direction of travel.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

the ignorance of some people on this site is horrifying sometimes....

and im not talking about the flat earthers.

im talking about the masses with absolutely no imagination who just cant fathom things.

who cant think in ways that are out of the box.

like those who think if the earth was flat then the water would fall off the edge...

it shows how dumbed down our society has become

sad

Seriously? It "horrifying" to you that we dont just dismiss 100% proven fact and a lifetime of experience to entertain someone who has next to zero grasp of basic science?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

to even suggest in any way other than as a joke that the earth is flat makes one an idiot. End of story. Sorry if you cant handle this simple truth.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Do you even understand the physics If the earth was flat? here.

Not seeing this so....

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Sorry linked to wrong post it was one about shadows and sticks but hey it doesn't change the fact the Earth is NOT flat.

In the summer months I can see tv news items from a city around 400 miles south of me with a dark sky yet I can look out the window and still have a blue sky care to explain that on a flat Earth

even the shadows and sticks could be wrong

sun far away + round earth = correct

sun close +flat earth = correct

and as to the second part of your question...

would it matter? the fact is you would never entertain the thought of a flat earth even as a thought experiment

and yes i can explain why... its simply that the sun is closer than you think and the earth is a slight dome and not completely flat like a piece of paper

a reply to: 3danimator2014

yes your ignorance is horrifying

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

to even suggest in any way other than as a joke that the earth is flat makes one an idiot. End of story. Sorry if you cant handle this simple truth.

please learn to read and comprehend ...this is why your ignorance is terriflying

....ETA while i dont necessarily agree with flat earth i see it as a thought exercise

like in debate class when we were given topics

if i was given a topic i didnt agree with but had to be pro topic i would

this is the same thing

its the willingness to see the other side and not just be blindly "pro" anything

you tell me WHAT gravity is and not just a description of some of its effects

or tell me why decay rates change

and this is where you have to put on your thinking cap..

...something that seems impossible for some....

you are talking about gravity on a completely flat earth

i have never held the position,NOT the belief (...but i doubt you will understand that distinction), that the earth was completely flat

this shows your poor reading comprehension

and yes i understand the idea of putting a square block in a round hole....

which is what you are doing by comparing the flat and spherical earths using gravity

IF the earth was flat gravity wouldnt change, only its perceived effects. its a matter of perspective

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Actually I have thought about it, watched plenty of BS videos and dismissed it because it is one big smelly heap of BULL COOKIES.

edit on 29-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join