It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ships Disappearing Over Horizon - Experiments to propose an Alternative Hypothesis.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

You would like this vid to contemplate . Easy to understand for anyone who can suspend what they think they know and consider just what it shows and means

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
While people are talking shadows and spheres, very few of you discuss the experiments shown or how this might replicate mirages.

I have no basis for this, but is what it seems to me. I don't know how else I would describe this optical phenomena.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Looks pretty flat to me .

Not sure what happened to the south pole though .

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

yeah..... that guy in that video doesnt know that the earth not only spins but is tilted on its axis. everything in that time laps of the sun over 24 hours PROVES both. then he goes on to "school" the viewer but fails to realize he's literally ignorant and doesnt have an actual clue as to what he's talking about. just another insecure nut with a hairbrained fantasy he absolutely has to validate for some reason.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDeuce

i recommend a book on optical physics if you dont understand why a mirage is not going to effect a shadow you are looking at from two feet away.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Another_Nut

You would like this vid to contemplate . Easy to understand for anyone who can suspend what they think they know and consider just what it shows and means

Just wow. He says scale doesn't matter in his vid. He's ridiculous. Where is his tilt of the earth towards the sun? He's using a flat description on level plane with the sun and his circular motion is dictated by how close his sun is to his earth. Just wow.

Give the earth its tilt, orbital movement, axis spin and set the sun back to true distance and then account for the camera perspective being at ground level facing up and its not hard to get it.

His animation skills are Pixar level, and the science!!!! Priceless
edit on 24-7-2015 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

yeah right seriously!!!

there are people that actually fall for this man's idiocy? (referring to guy in posted video)

I suppose its not their fault. either they don't recall the lessons from high school science classes. (actually I think you learn this in elementary school) or never went to school to begin with ( which depending on circumstances could be their fault or not their fault)
edit on 24-7-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: In4ormant

yeah right seriously!!!

there are people that actually fall for this man's idiocy? (referring to guy in posted video)

I suppose its not their fault. either they don't recall the lessons from high school science classes. (actually I think you learn this in elementary school) or never went to school to begin with ( which depending on circumstances could be their fault or not their fault)

They make laugh, so I guess it's good for at least that.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
While at the seaside watch the sunset lying down and as that last bit of sun disappears jump up and watch the sunset again.
Kinda proves the earth is round.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I recall some of what was taught in my history text's and can tell you that they were wrong .And science text books are updated and changed because they had it wrong in the past . The speed of light has chanced over the years according to the history of the text books . Science is never a settled thing and therefor referring to old textbooks as the gospel is not scientific despite what you may believe today because it might change tomorrow .

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

hey thats works on the superdome too!

amazing i never knew the superdome was a sphere !

o wait...

and this is the reason you cant have an intelligent conversation with someone who isnt intelligent

good night folks
edit on pm720153111America/ChicagoFri, 24 Jul 2015 23:50:04 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I don't think many scientists are going to wake up tomorrow and discover they were wrong and the world is flat...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

NASA shows us it's round while some scientist say its bigger at the Equator while others think it's pear shaped . I don't think Scientist care what shape it is as long as the money keeps coming

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I just go off videos like this just made by normal people to prove the earth is round.

Or are these folk in on it also?.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Notice the go-pro lens makes the building in the first vid curved ?
everything gets a nice curve

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So at the 2:30/2:31 mark of the hello kitty video do you notice something that resembles Ceres? What is that or where is that? Is it ice/snow?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: intrptr

Why the oceans didn't drain away still confuses me to this day.

It's the waterfalls. They are all over instead of at the edge, much like one might imagine in a MC Escher drawing.

So then the earth is really a painting?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

And every single reply has been off topic here. I am not discussing the spin, tilt or shape of the Earth, but thanks

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDeuce

I am not discussing the spin, tilt or shape of the Earth, but thanks

Just an "Alternative Hypothesis", which is… what(?).

Without specifying that, people see that as a ruse. You don't want to be clowned, just state your conclusion, then show your evidence to support it.
edit on 25-7-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You are wrong in your assertion. Don't need a conclusion to propose other hypothesis to what is happening in nature. . But thanks for your concern. Like I said, the majority of responses here are off topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join