It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma in Action (Help the Child)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Oh my God! How are you going to prevent a thought from arising??

One Buddhist principle is that of "right (correct) thought."

I don't even want scumbag thoughts occurring in my mind, so I used that event as a cloth to polish myself clean.

Neurologically you prevent thoughts from arising by allowing the synapse connecting those ideas to atrophy. By constantly reaffirming that I wanted be a person who never wanted take advantage of others in that way, I actually did manage to prevent those kinds of thoughts from occurring.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Oh my God! How are you going to prevent a thought from arising??

One Buddhist principle is that of "right (correct) thought."

I don't even want scumbag thoughts occurring in my mind, so I used that event as a cloth to polish myself clean.

Thoughts appear - thoughts happen - you are not doing thought. No one is thinking - thoughts arise all by themselves - just like clouds appear in the sky.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

By constantly reaffirming that I wanted be a person who never wanted take advantage of others in that way, I actually did manage to prevent those kinds of thoughts from occurring.

More testimony to the power of The Mind. With focus and concentrate we can change patterns of thought rather than feeling like thoughts just happen and we don't have a Mind to change them.
edit on 26-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Being a mother in the States, I would have been very, very grateful had you helped my child. Karma or no. Currently my adult daughter is spending the summer traversing Europe with two of her friends. If she needs help, I would hope someone will step up to the plate. Baseball analogy, haha.

I have my own Karma story, although I am skeptical:

I was about my daughter's age (early twenties) when I had broken up with my boyfriend, and was very upset about it. My friend talked me into seeing a psychic. This woman told me that I was a very bad man in my previous life, and I screwed a lot of people out of their money. Therefore, I would always have issues with money in this life.

By the way, she told me that my boyfriend would come crawling back. He did - and is my daughter's father. Later, we divorced because he had a girlfriend on the side. Hmmmmmm.

My thought about what the psychic told me is this - who DOESN'T have money problems at some point or another? It was a safe bet, in my opinion. And in this life I just try to be the best human I can be. Not for some afterlife or points with God, but because it seems to be the right way to live.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LolliekAnd in this life I just try to be the best human I can be. Not for some afterlife or points with God, but because it seems to be the right way to live.

I think this here is the real message of karma in action.

At some point after getting repeatedly cosmically smacked on the wrist for bad deeds past, everyone eventually wakes up and starts deciding to thereafter the best person they can.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
More testimony to the power of The Mind. With focus and concentrate we can change patterns of thought rather than feeling like thoughts just happen and we don't have a Mind to change them.

If thought is troublesome then find who it is that is troubled by them.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The mind that wants to change thoughts is just more thought. 'I don't want this thought' is still a thought. What is the problem with thoughts when they are seen for what they are?
The problem arises when there is an idea that they are 'your' thoughts. All problems arise because of identification.
When there is no one then there will no longer be any problems - then there will just be life, simply just happening - which is always the case anyhow!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If thoughts are troubling to me, then I already know who is troubled by them.

With Affirmations/Mantra/Chants, the Mind can tune to different thoughts.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Good stuff Trachel, I really what enjoy what you bring to our community.

Oddly enough, I can't remember any appropriate examples to share.(Idk,do dreams count?) Most of the time, I catch myself being reminded about how I feel about karma in this kind of context it goes like this.When I get tired, and feel trapped, my mind sometimes falls into negativity.Specifically, the whining of my ego about individuals who I wrapped myself up with in a disappointing way.If I feed into that, I often end up stubbing my fingers or toes on the doorway or furniture!I used to hit my head up against stuff too, though I have really mellowed out in the way I handle my emotions over the years.

I had mentioned in another one of your threads about karma and attachment.I don't necessarily believe the ramifications of our actions will result in an equal reaction.It's in how play the cards that life deals us.The novelty of what life brings us can be more then we are able to imagine.I find myself missing opportunities to help sometimes, though hindsight is 20/20.My conscious reminds me about what I could do better, because I enjoy living life to my potential...

edit on 26-7-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Thanks, I appreciate it!

And dreams definitely count. I've had many karma-related dreams, so please share!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I was thinking about that dream, and feel a little reluctant to post it.Some won't get it, though I rarely let that hold me back.I feel the details of the dream, hit harder then I like to admit..You shared about your friend speeding in another thread too, I don't know how others would take it.I told myself something would come back to me, perhaps more obvious related to your thread.

Last fall, I went through some really difficult challenges.A period of deeper chaos entered my life, pushing my limits not in a good way.Weary, a part of me said "Maybe it would be better to go back to you, I don't know how much more I can take."Movement caught the corner of my eye,in the crosswalk I dodged a car at the last minute.Nearly getting smoked, for the fourth time in as many weeks.In general I don't entertain thoughts like that, thank goodness it's just been reminders.

Perhaps this seems like coincidence or chance, but I can clearly recall other times I've had close calls in the same way. I've noticed being tired is a major catalyst for these poor decisions and subsequent events.The concept of karma I see at work in my life, takes the form of poetic justice.It's better not to skip to the end of the book!lol
edit on 28-7-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Itsnowagain, I can relate to thoughts forming like clouds in the sky, and different concepts of self.I wonder if you are able to discern the direction thoughts arrive from.At this point in my journey, I feel I can sense the roots of the thoughts I choose to think.The issue I have with negative thoughts is that I'd rather spend my energy building towards my own aspirations.In your belief system, how do you handle negative thoughts?
edit on 28-7-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
.In your belief system, how do you handle negative thoughts?

There is just a seeing of them. Thoughts just appear and if they are not identified with they pass on by.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Thanks, itsnowagain.I have encountered this approach elsewhere.I prefer doing things a little different.I thought it relevent, due to the nature of how our thoughts influence our lives.

I find simply observing negative thoughts a little empty.I find being sensitive to their origins, gives me the information to be more proactive taking control.The frequency of these kinds of thoughts has thus diminished over time, while giving me more tools to help create change.Understanding how this works for me, helps me to make it work for others.
edit on 28-7-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: expanded post

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Here is a nice little video which may help you to see thought for what it is.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The Guest House

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
As an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still treat each guest honourably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

Rumi.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join