It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma in Action (Help the Child)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Karma exists.

The cause and effect between action and consequence is real.

And the longer you meditate, the more acutely you'll notice its presence.

Karma makes itself known for those who seek validation of its presence. It manifests acutely for all who take an active hand in their own spiritual development.

And sometimes it provides near-instantaneous feedback in attempts to drive home a particular important lesson.

This tale is about one of those incidents--one of the most blatant manifestations of karma in my life.

Several years ago I was on vacation skiing at a fairly upscale resort in a mountain town far from home. And whilst there with family I experienced almost immediate karmic feedback from my actions.

The day was crisp, cool, cloudless, and pristine.

The snow was fluffy, billowy, soft, and vast.

In short it was a perfect day on the slopes--one of those rare days when taking a nosedive into powder meant you collapsed into nothing more harmful than a soft pillow of white. So it proved the perfect day for a little risk-taking.

That particular resort happens to host the highest mountain in the state, and unto its peak I went seeking validation for my existence. Riding the lift up I visualized the perfect run down, and after snapping pics from the summit I put that plan into action.

Having never skied before I found myself slipping more than once, but each time I landed soft and unhurt into the several feet of snow that had accumulated across the last few days. And after one of those falls--whilst recovering my skis--I heard someone else crash not far away.

Looking back I saw a young girl laying ski-less and face-down after having taken a pretty benign fall. She appeared shaken, sad, on the cusp of tears--

But at the moment I thought nothing of it. Looking up the run I expected her father or mother would soon appear, and this being america I well understood that other parents don't like strangers talking to or helping their young children.

So that girl I left alone with her miseries. That problem I left her to deal with alone.

And only the brief twinge of guilt in my stomach said I made the wrong move.

Towards the base of that run the trail merges with other paths, and there the soft snow grows hard-packed from the vast number of skiers that previously pressed upon it.

And it was there that karma caught up with me.

Slipping, sliding, I took a dive at probably around 20-30mph.

Falling, tumbling, I went head over heels.

Then a crack sounded loud enough that I could hear it clearly. And I screamed loud enough that people far uphill glanced down.

My knee popped and my MCL tore, and for months after I had a swollen joint and pain so severe I couldn't sit cross legged.

That day I just lay in the snow--biting back pain--and staring up at that perfect blue sky whilst agony slowly subsided.

Eventually I got to my feet. Eventually I tried calling my sister for help getting back to the lodge.

But she was much further down those slopes and left me to fend for myself.

Then I understood:

I left a (possibly injured) little girl fending for herself further up that run. Thus karma placed me in the exact same predicament.

On that day I went up and skied that run again on essentially one leg. I never quit on a failure.

And that lesson I always remember.

For those months of recovery that incident replayed itself over and again in mind. And over and again I resolved to next time help the girl.

That was easily the most blatant appearance of karma intervening directly in my life.

What was yours?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
With all the talk of sexual misconduct against children in media it really puts men on the back foot when children need assistance. Clearly she wasn't in great danger else you would have helped, so I wouldn't say karma was involved, more carelessness,

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I can't say I fully believe in karma, for me it has always worked in reverse, everything good I have ever tried to do ends up biting me in the arse. One of my favorite sayings is "no good deed goes unpunished".

What if you helped that little girl and set in motion a chain of events that left you paralyzed. I know when something bad happens your mind goes to the thought of bad karma, but I just think its retrospective guilt and the minds way of finding logic in chaos.

Sorry but I am pretty jaded nowadays and I really don't feel like helping anymore.

But you still do get a SnF for entertaining me with your story.

Cheers
edit on 24-7-2015 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
I can't say I fully believe in karma, for me it has always worked in reverse, everything good I have ever tried to do ends up biting me in the arse. One of my favorite sayings is "no good deed goes unpunished".

What if you helped that little girl and set in motion a chain of events that left you paralyzed. I know when something bad happens your mind goes to the thought of bad karma, but I just think its retrospective guilt and the minds way of finding logic in chaos.

Sorry but I am pretty jaded nowadays and I really don't feel like helping anymore.

But you still do get a SnF for entertaining me with your story.

Cheers

Thanks!

I believe that we'll be rewarded for our good deeds in the afterlife as well. So honestly even if things don't seem to be working out well for you in this reality, I really think you'll be super-pleased with your rewards in realities ahead.

Don't give up on good deeds just yet!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

The Spirit creates the flesh/physical world.

Belief/Faith are important.

Those without Faith forget the Power of Spirit and only think in terms of "cause and effect" like most atheists.

Faith can do miracles. Know that others are safe, protected, and cared for; that is even more powerful than prayer (as in, wishing and hoping).

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I left a (possibly injured) little girl fending for herself further up that run. Thus karma placed me in the exact same predicament.

Bummer, I'm sorry you had to go through that. With that said, I wouldn't be so harsh on myself if I were you. I don't think Karma acts like a jilted lover, in that you paid far more dearly than the little girl. Next time, at least show some form of concern - but only if you truly are concerned.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I wonder if your injury might be more truthfully attributed to your bad skiing as opposed to some mystical force. I bet the doctor was surprised to hear your story.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Might be a result of bad skiing, but I found poetic irony in the fact that the same situation in which I left that girl became that in which I found myself.

I could attribute it to randomness, or I could use that incident as motivation to always remember to help the girl.

Given the choice between the two, I'd rather motivate myself to help the girl.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Bummer, I'm sorry you had to go through that. With that said, I wouldn't be so harsh on myself if I were you. I don't think Karma acts like a jilted lover, in that you paid far more dearly than the little girl. Next time, at least show some form of concern - but only if you truly are concerned.

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm actually glad I went through that.

Later after discovering the karmic connection--and after I could laugh it off--I thanked God for giving me the lesson. No joke, I really appreciated it.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

I believe that we'll be rewarded for our good deeds in the afterlife as well. So honestly even if things don't seem to be working out well for you in this reality, I really think you'll be super-pleased with your rewards in realities ahead.

It is all about 'me', isn't it? What is in it for 'me'?
It is 'if I am good then I will be rewarded - if I am bad I will be punished' mentality. But it is just the mind that punishes you if you buy into what it says.
Thoughts tell you that you are good one moment and bad the next - how can it know what the outcome would be if action had been different?
What actually happens is what happens but the mind (thought) will tell a story about what should have happened and how it should have played out and how you did not do good enough - you should be better and then you feel uncomfortable (which is not better).
It seems that your karma is to believe that you are not good enough unless you do all the right things and that you will be punished for not being good enough.
Life is happening now all by itself and there are thoughts speaking about someone who can do things in time.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: Trachel

It is all about 'me', isn't it? What is in it for 'me'?
It is 'if I am good then I will be rewarded - if I am bad I will be punished' mentality. But it is just the mind that punishes you if you buy into what it says.
Thoughts tell you that you are good one moment and bad the next - how can it know what the outcome would be if action had been different?
What actually happens is what happens but the mind (thought) will tell a story about what should have happened and how it should have played out and how you did not do good enough - you should be better and then you feel uncomfortable (which is not better).
It seems that your karma is to believe that you are not good enough unless you do all the right things and that you will be punished for not being good enough.
Life is happening now all by itself and there are thoughts speaking about someone who can do things in time.

Yes, it's all egoistic stuff packaged in good feelings as to feel less guilty about being egoistic. The ego needs to feel good about itself, it needs to believe that everything has a reason for happening, it needs to believe in its own power, it needs to feel as if it's in control, it needs to imagine its own survival beyond the death of everything else. The ego is good when it comes to fooling itself.

Trachel, if you read this, I know you're going to give a star to this post, and you will do it because you think it's the less egoistic thing to do, but if you look deeper you might see that in reality it is your ego that pushes you to do it, because it is the way your ego has found to please itself through "spiritual superiority" feelings.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Law of Attraction is better than karma because karma is just another belief.

It is true that the energy you give is the energy you feel and live in, but believing that you must over-work yourself to serve other and ignore you own happiness in the moment is more like living like a slave or robot. This moment is where your power is, not yesterday or tomorrow. You can choose positive energy which attracts positive things now, by realizing the blessings you have now, the clarity you have now, and the peace and relaxation you have no in this moment.

To say "this moment sucks" or "I should be doing more", will just bring more negativity.

Now is The Moment of Healing. You can relax, now. You can feel your abundance of blessings, now.

It is not "selfish" to think like this. Reality is One and your relaxing, self-loving, peaceful thoughts also influence others in a positive way.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

that "law of attraction" is not a belief ?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The separate me needs a label - what's the choice? Am I a hero or a villain ? Am I good or bad? The mind flip flops from one to the other. But good and bad are just words that come and go but they seem to have the power to cause a great disturbance within the body. That disturbance is contracted energy which feels uncomfortable - it is the separate me that needs curing - it seeks to feel better by finding things to make it feel better. Thought tries to help relieve the feeling by presenting 'good things' - stories about how 'I am good' - how I did good. But the mind is dualistic so it will also present how I did bad and should do better - if I do good I will feel good. But it does not work that way.
It is the disturbance which is denied - the feeling that is here now is what there is but the mind talks about someone who can make life FEEL better. What is happening is denied in favour of what is not happening - me doing something in time to make life feel better.
Feeling is where life is, feeling is what life is - feeling happens here and now. Seeing is happening, hearing is happening. Now (what is happening) cannot be thought about so thought splits it into before and after and that is where a pretend separate person thinks it has control - in a story in time and space.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I wish I could believe in karma, but I can't for several reasons.

If karma exists in this life how to you explain:
Child abuse, Child hunger, child disease or anything else bad happening to a child especially an infant?
Horrible people who hurt a lot of people and die happy with out ever facing any repercussions for the harm they have done?
I have seen too many people get constantly reward for misdeeds to others, and I have seen People who have sacrificed themselves for the sake of others only to be punished for it.

If karma exists in the next life and is the result of a previous life then I could not bare the thought of what I must have done in a previous life to deserve the one I have now. It would destroy me totally.

If the people who are horribly wicked, but have it good in this life earned it, have they learned nothing from past lives? Why choose to be a horrible person now?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Karma eh? I do sort of go along with the 'let no good deed go unpunished' way of thinking as previously mentioned by bananashooter

It's often the case in my life, anyway.

Recently, I found a clothes moth in the house. Little horrors have been a right pain, and I've been catching them and putting them outside.

So, I had it in a container and dropped it into a small bush, not noticing a tiny strand of spider webbing - which the moth fell onto. Aghast, I went to retrieve it. Only to be beaten to it by a hungry spider who'd been lying in wait.

Of course I was upset. I hadn't meant any harm to the moth. But, it's Nature's way and I didn't set up the food chain. So, I sort of comforted myself a bit.

Now, am I likely to get bad karma for putting the moth in danger or good karma for feeding a hungry spider? I hope the two deeds sort of balance each other out

I suppose if intent had anything to do with it, I might just be ahead. I had good intentions for the moth even though it suffered a tragic fate. But no intentions towards the spider, even though he was the beneficiary of my actions?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

It's a meta-belief that says your beliefs create your reality.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

If you believe you are in control of that body that you think is yours it will make this life experience feel uncomfortable. If you believe you have control then you will expect other apparent people to have control and there will be frustration, anger, guilt and shame.

If you realize that all that is appearing, all that happens, is a play of light - just a movie appearing within the seeing - it will change your reality.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

So it's a belief just like reincarnation and karma ? You said the contrary in your previous post.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

So it's a belief just like reincarnation and karma ?

No, it's what allows beliefs to exist. Law of Attraction is beyond ("meta-") beliefs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join