It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mayan Tablet Discovered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Do you have anything to substantiate this or is it nothing more than your personal feeling?
As I stated above, I suspect. The basis of which is purely on a hunch that the concept of war booty and trophies from conquered lands always gets taken back to the home land, is nothing new.

There's not an iota of evidence for your supposition and it's likely not based on anything other than personal belief that the Vatican secretly has everything in magical catacombs to further its attempts to control the world. Am I close?
No, I believe the institution of the Catholic Church is just as corrupted as all other institutions. But instead of destroying it, correct it, so it can start doing good in the world as it was suppose to. It can be a great power for the people, if it were in the right hands.

The secrets in that vault will reveal the depths of the corruption, I SUSPECT.

To the Catholic Church......

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is a very good documentary on Mayan writing.

I had no idea before watching this that Mayan writing had basically been completely cracked. Interestingly enough it was the son of a National Geographic photographer who tagged along with his father while taking pictures of the site and a random tourist that ended up being experts at reading, writing and even speaking Mayan.

In the end they taught the Mayans how to read and write in their own language all over again.
So we pillaged their heritage, took them as slaves, made them forget their language and writing, forced them to learn Latin and convert to Catholicism, and now we have learned how to read and write in Mayan and have decided they can once again use their language and writing. But we keep the gold and knowledge of their ancestors still.

If we would have just left them alone we could have just asked them nicely about their history. Gold and religion does funny things to the weak minded.

Great find OP!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality
This is a very good documentary on Mayan writing.

I had no idea before watching this that Mayan writing had basically been completely cracked. Interestingly enough it was the son of a National Geographic photographer who tagged along with his father while taking pictures of the site and a random tourist that ended up being experts at reading, writing and even speaking Mayan.

In the end they taught the Mayans how to read and write in their own language all over again.
So we pillaged their heritage, took them as slaves, made them forget their language and writing, forced them to learn Latin and convert to Catholicism, and now we have learned how to read and write in Mayan and have decided they can once again use their language and writing. But we keep the gold and knowledge of their ancestors still.

If we would have just left them alone we could have just asked them nicely about their history. Gold and religion does funny things to the weak minded.

Great find OP!

Thanks for posting this vid, I shall save it until after I have finished my book, but I just wanted to give the thread a bump so it doesn't slip off the bottom of my list and get forgotten...sooo....

Bumpity-bump

new topics

<< 1   >>

join