It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crash in Russia...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Does anyone know anything about this pic? It is supposedly a UFO crash in Russia during WWII (at least that�s what the file name says)

A friend showed it to me, but I couldn�t find anything about it. All the sites I found don�t say a word. They just have the photo.

I don�t know what to say about it. It could be anything, maybe its real, maybe not. What I don�t like is the position of the object, I don�t find it very convincing, too much vertical... but you never know.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
To be honest, this doesn't look like a photograph at all, atleast not as I know it, it looks more like something that was drawn or painted...

but then again, the texture of the dirt seems very realistic and not common to paintings and such...

perhaps you could get a hold of the site owner?

RR

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Not sure why but THIS guy says it's a tank wheel.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by RR]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Russian propoganda films with aliens, esp, etc. are fairly well known. Even the idea of it being partially buried in the ground at an angle, is used in a fairly well-known and regarded hoaxed crash recovery film. The motivations are simple. The KGB had infiltrated deeply into the CIA early in it's conception, and learned of the Roswell recovery. The film was likely made for the sole intent of getting the US to believe that they too had recovered such a find. This photo (if it is a photo) seems to be of the same ilk... I will completely disagree with the tank wheel idea..

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I too disagree with the tank wheel theory. It looks like a much larger object. The perspective doesn�t match with the standing soldier. He should be standing further.

----------------------------

Originally posted by Gazrok
Even the idea of it being partially buried in the ground at an angle, is used in a fairly well-known and regarded hoaxed crash recovery film. The motivations are simple. The KGB had infiltrated deeply into the CIA early in it's conception, and learned of the Roswell recovery. The film was likely made for the sole intent of getting the US to believe...

This is the film you are talking about?

Wasn�t it discovered to be filmed by the TV Network which broadcasted it (TNT, I think it was)?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Yes, that is one of the films I was referring to. I can't recall a debunking that the network filmed it though, so if you've got something on that, by all means, let me know.

As for the tank wheel, it's not even about perspective. (which could be a factor as well)

1. It's far too skinny to be a tank wheel
2. There are no teeth to grip the tread of the tracks

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Im a bit sceptic about the small round lights shining on the craft, I would guess that everything in it has been knocked out, including power of any kind..

Otherwise, a really good picture! But it is probably fake. The condition and appearance of the picture looks very similar to the old photo of a german officer holding a small alien in his hand, with another soldier behind them carrying the aliens life support box. The box and the alien are connected by some kind of hose.. The creator admitted it was fake.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Yes, that is one of the films I was referring to. I can't recall a debunking that the network filmed it though, so if you've got something on that, by all means, let me know.

I can�t find any link now, sorry. But I remember I read somewhere that the TV network claimed to have the copyrights of the film, which was not possible, as it was supposed to be a stolen film from the KGB, suggesting that in fact they where the ones who made it.
Or something like that, I�m really sorry I didn�t pay more atention, I didn�t search anything about this case, as I believed it fake from the beggining.
Anyway, I�ll post it, if I find anything.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
it does look like a drawing to me it's got to much of wel a drawing feel to it

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I can say that in my opinion it is a certain fake.

It seems far too small, even greys need head room and the angle it must have came almost straight down to cause that. Saucers are rarely seen at an angle they move more like a helicopter stragiht up and straight down.

The second photo shows it's in a wood what are the chances of it coming down in that nice clearing like that. Also, there apears to be no damage to the surrounding trees that I can see.

I can say that in my opinion it is a certain fake.

Slight contradition there.

I want to believe....

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Looking at this photo further you can see that the abgle it goes down at would have coaused the trees at least some damage but they appear perfectly.

JAK

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Shorty, the craft was said to have crashed coming in from the direction of the photographer, hitting the ground several times and finally coming to rest where it is in the photo. That's why it is leaning in the fashion that you see, it (reportedly) didn't come straight down at that angle.

Jack

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
Shorty, the craft was said to have crashed coming in from the direction of the photographer, hitting the ground several times and finally coming to rest where it is in the photo. That's why it is leaning in the fashion that you see, it (reportedly) didn't come straight down at that angle.

Jack

So it bounced about on the floor then twisted in mid air and landed that deep in the mud at that angle?

This seems very unlikely.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If you look near the ground almost at knee level with the guy. Looks like a hydraulic arm to me. I think this is a fake.

JAK

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
No Shorty, that is apparently only half of the vehicle, the other half broke off during the crash. It is not half buried.

Jack

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
No Shorty, that is apparently only half of the vehicle, the other half broke off during the crash. It is not half buried.

Jack

Ah, I see but still the chances of a break that clean? also, if it was to of bounced about or just skidded to a hault wouldn't there be some damage at the very least?

It looks pretty clean to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'd say the pic was taken in the 1940's or early 50's. the tank looks like a T- 55 or maybe a T-44[its prediseser and if so would make it 44 or 45]. But ithe picture doesn't look right . the ground has been churned up a lot of vehicular traffic or groun movement by a lot of troops. It would appear to be a battlefield or staging area. It is most likely battle damaged parts.

the woods picture was heavily discused in a thread on ATS. If you do a search I'm sure you'll find it.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
JAK enlarged and showed me so new photos so thanks for them JAK.

Has anyone noticed the figure (thats probably nothing) on the rihgt of this enlarged picture at the tree line?

And even in these there is little damage on the extrior of the craft.

But on the bottom one it looks as if there is the second half of the craft slightly covered by leafs and mud.

Also, the way in which these pictures was taken is somewhat strange. Why would take pictures where the craft has people infront of it? Why not have them move? It must have been taken by officals so to speak because nobody could have got that close to it without being noticed, surely?

[edit on 4-1-2005 by shorty]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The first looks like the scoop of a bulldozer to me.. [a very tall awkwardly designed one]. The other [next to the woods].. looks like it could be a lid off a water/storage tank.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Also, the way in which these pictures was taken is somewhat strange. Why would take pictures where the craft has people infront of it? Why not have them move?

Because those are not photographs. Their are all screenshots from a film (The TNT logo can be seen at the lower right corner).

I�ve seen the video a couple times, and it doesn�t convince me. Besides there are lots of proof that it is fake.

Make a search, I guess there must be many threads about this video around.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Peronemlin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join