It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura on What to Do Before the Grim Reaper Comes Knocking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

thats what I said...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
isnt that what we call a will ? and planning with family?

Modern Medical technology means that there has to be an "enough is enough" plan in place. A hospital (who is financially rewarded for keeping elderly and sick patients alive) has historically unprecedented technology to keep people "alive".

A family does not understand the specific options until they happen to you and a hospital will by default employ any and all measures to keep people alive unless specifically told not to.

I am in favor of an eighty year old being able to outline what he is OK and not OK with as far as machinery, tests and technology keeping him alive when he is 95.

Very few elderly or families actually plan for that and absent a plan..the hospital does what it does and it's very difficult for families to navigate that mid-crisis.

Not sure why you have issue with this?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I’ve got news for you- you’re going to die. Maybe you should go watch “What About Bob” for comfort. It might be good to plan for it at the behest of your wife, your children, and anyone else who means anything to you. It’s inevitable.

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

A good discussion topic imo, for those not familiar with how close families do things I can see how it could be construed as an encroachment on their personal lives. To be forced to sit down with your family Physician and to make out an end life plan is scary for most that fear death enough as it is.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If you wear them!

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: JesseVentura

im putting on clean underwear..that is for sure

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It might be fascinating. I don’t know anything about it, really.

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I've only got a few years at max to go, so I'm always interested in this subject. Last year I had to plan my funeral, because I had just suffered a big brain haemorrhage and my family thought it was game over. I now have a do not resuscitate on my medical notes, I'm happy to die, I think I've accepted it. I certainly don't want to be kept alive, if it means living out my last days as a vegetable in a chair. There is nothing really to fear about death or what happens after. I've watched lots of Alan watts videos on the subject, which I find helpful

I don't want a religious funeral or a cremation . Ideally I would like a burial pod

I would also like to have psilocybin treatment before I die. I have been trying to organise this, but there are no ongoing trials. It doesn't stop death but helps terminally ill people come to terms with their deaths, some great research has been carried out at john Hopkins university. It involves taking a strong dose of hallucinogens that with the right guidance can help people feel more connected to life and helps them understand how life and death are all connected. I urge people to have a look at the work done on this subject as it's fascinating.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Absolutely, and you’re in charge. That’s what I’m trying to pound home to people. It’s your personal decision, and your decision only. It’s all up to you.

originally posted by: grahag

This is most definitely an individual right. Deciding when and how you die is one of the most intimate choices you can make for yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

HUH? Preaching to the choir there Jesse.

I am the go to relative for all things death related...

Sometimes wonder if this is the real life or the real death. I take it you have deep seated fear of death? You may contact my by PM if you wish to discuss this, I am here for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join