It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Violence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Something deep and dark pervades the mental, psychological and spiritual soul of America.

This country is producing in mass a generation of murderers and a society filled with hatred…

Now every weak on the American blood soaked landscape another violent senseless spree killing murder occurs, indeed…so often now that it’s becoming difficult to keep up with them.

Also our nation’s police have run amuck on its own citizens as almost daily we hear of another cop killing or cop’s violent actions towards innocent Americans, particularly the minorities.

It’s now that the population not only has to worry about the criminal predators but the official legalized predation of the populace by the police

Regarding the killings? What is this one now in Louisiana? I wonder how many does that make?

It seems that every time one of the American killers is sentenced we hear in the news another one appears and slaughters more innocent human beings, usually with guns but sometimes bombs…Indeed like a modern day hydra headed snake does one murderous rampage follow another!

What’s going on here in the greatest country in the world, the greatest country that has ever been, Americans like to think.

Well one thing that’s occurring is a huge desensitizing of the American psyche for mass murder in our minds, indeed its becoming so commonplace that the murders seem as normal as the baseball scores.

Spree killers 900, serial killers 2000, Citizens 0

And with these sickening recurring murders always comes the same old tired ass excuses and hysterical nonsense from many who immediately always want to just protect their GUNS…

And never for one minute think about something other than their own desires of “freedom” and then the same old arguments about the precious 2nd amendment.

Then we’ll have the same old tired song from the anti-gunners as if guns have souls, hearts and minds.

Both sides are full of crap and don’t want to truly solve the problem just protect their selfish interests…ox their own gourd.

But never any true introspection to at least try to determine the reason why this country is killing itself

Same thing with the police killings. One side always wants to paint all police bad and always refer to race and prejudge every incident… and the other want to paint all police as good and blame the citizens for the criminals it produces yet won’t accept the reality that the same society also produced that violent out of control cop.

You can’t separate some stuff from the country and accept other things as only America.
One has to accept the good, the bad and the ugly…

It’s all America…all the same dream…
A land lost in the wilderness of its own nightmares.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This massive project began in the 60's.
Mission accomplished.
The Great Satan is finally here.

Onwards to a brave new homogenized grey painted world of PC.

No more smiles, no more frowns.
What is fun? What is freedom?
These will be things of the past.

As soon as guns are illegal and robot marriages are sanctioned, we'll almost be ready.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You had me till till "...always want to protect their guns...". The content of your post does stimulate introspection by those not held sway by ideology or an agenda. Thing is, most knee-jerk reactions to incidents like yesterday and legislation created in the wake don't target the causes or attempt to prevent future happenings.

The 2nd is as important as the rest, and any attempts to curtail rights in the name of "common sense" legislation is anything but.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I think if the media didn't focus on these instances 24/7 we would see a downward trend in mass killings.

There are a lot of sick freaks that will do horrible things just to get their face plastered on the news.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My opinion is that a whole generation has been raised on violent video games (first person shooters) and increasingly gorey movies. That and the poor care of people with mental illness.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

This country is producing in mass a generation of murderers and a society filled with hatred…

Now every weak on the American blood soaked landscape another violent senseless spree killing murder occurs, indeed…so often now that it’s becoming difficult to keep up with them.

I disagree. How are we as a society any more violent now than before? The national homicide rate is the lowest its been since 1963, less than half of what it was in 1980 and it's so low that we're approaching the lowest rate in a century. In fact, the reasons why violent crimes are on the decline is the topic of vast amounts of research.

One of the more interesting theories I've read has absolutely nothing to do with the "soul" of the country being sick at all but rather children being exposed to lead in lead paint and leaded gasoline. Coming back to murder rates, there's basically a double hump if you look at the graphs, with peaks in I believe 1933 and 1980. This tracks (with an offset of 21 years) well with lead exposure among children:

There's also compelling arguments being made for increases in homicides coinciding with periods of prohibition which we should all well know by now leads to booming black markets controlled by violent criminal organizations.

These sorts of incidents are tragic, they upset and disturb us and rightfully so but the answer is not irrational panic al a the "War on Terror" which has done vastly more harm than good.
edit on 2015-7-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Chicago keeps track...

Illustrating Chicago Values

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Sometime you have to just sit back, take a deep breath and compose yourself. Think of the positive things in life.

Stress can be a killer.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
www.statista.com...

Reported Violent Crime Rates in the USA since 1990

" The Federal Bureau of Investigation said Tuesday that violent crimes, including murders, fell by 5.4 percent in the first six months of 2013 compared with the same period in 2012, continuing a long reduction in violent crime across the country.
The only category where the number increased was rape, but that number is slightly misleading because the 2013 figure is based on a broader definition of the crime adopted by the Justice Department. In 2013, 14,400 rapes were reported, compared with 13,242 in 2012."
www.nytimes.com...

"Violent and property crime decrease in 2013 and 2014-FBI
www.crimeinamerica.net...

The statistics don't agree with the OP at all.
Increasing violence is a liberal/progressive narrative meant to scare people,
thus gaining more and more totalitarian type control over the populace.

Individual and highly publicized events are not indicative of the true picture,
but are great for the totalitarian minded who want to tighten control
over the populace through scaring them into compliance "for their own good"

edit on 5Fri, 24 Jul 2015 17:20:00 -0500pm72407pmk245 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I agree. You probably knew you were going to offend the gun advocates, but you do have some valid points. There's something definitely askew with American society. There's just been way too many mass shootings, police abusing their authority, and gang violence.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I would like to see the amount of mass shootings that have taken place since Columbine as compared to the years before that shooting. Individual shooting may have gone down nationally, but in Chicago, Baltimore and New York city, they've seen an increase. Even in my city there's been an increase in shootings and I live in a city whose population is less than 100,000.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Sir your nation is well beyond the circumstances the second amendment was put there for.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

You'll never learn

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Okay you’re telling me that in the 40’s 50’s 60’s etc., we were having mindless spree killings, serial killings, racial killings, and terrorist incidents like today?

No we weren't and the falling crime rate doesn't reflect the fact that the jail population has expanded 300 percent.

edit on 24-7-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Most responses to my OP illustrate the mentality of those I enumerated in the op:

The gun freaks

Those in denial

And the desensitized

There is no longer shock about the madness of mass murder.

It’s become all right to people

Just a part of the scenery

Therefore it’s no big thing, more important for guns to exist in the multi-millions in the country, even though mental illness is proliferating, no problem as long as we get to have our toys

So the beat goes on that there is something very sick with American culture

when evil and sickness becomes fair seeming to the population

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Something deep and dark pervades the mental, psychological and spiritual soul of America.

This just is not true. I'd be interested to take a peek at the data that caused you to come to this conclusion. Because crime is nosediving nationally. And has been for quite a while.

You know the saying...if it leads, it bleeds.

Regarding the killings? What is this one now in Louisiana? I wonder how many does that make?

I don't think im going to get an answer to my first question.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Im in Australia in the last week a dead 8 year old was found in a briefcase,a father raped his 9 year old step daughter and only got 4 months for it,a 58 year old man died punched from behind,a mother was arrested who slit her 6 month old daughters throat,20 percent of people pulled up in a small country town were on ice or another illegal substances,7 year olds handle their parents ICE businesses ....,Western Civilization is swirling the bowl and within a few decades will go past the s-bend.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The media is spoon feeding us violence, the only difference is we get to hear more about these acts, there less violent crimes but more coverage.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Nice to see the people who live in fairy tail land of unicorns are here saying that violent crime is decreasing.

To those people: You've drank the kool aid. You are being lied to on a massive scale. Of course those in power want you to believe violent crime is decreasing. They don't want the ones to have increasing violent crime on their watch.

Wake the f up.

Where were the frequent school shootings, theater shootings in the 60's, 70's 80's?

Where were the thousands of deaths by inner city gang violence in the 60's, 70's 80's?
edit on 24-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer
Nice to see the people who live in fairy tail land of unicorns are here saying that violent crime is decreasing.

To those people: You've drank the kool aid. You are being lied to on a massive scale. Of course those in power want you to believe violent crime is decreasing. They don't want the ones to have increasing violent crime on their watch.

Wake the f up.

Prove it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join