It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana State Rep. Calls For Stricter Gun Control Laws After Theater Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: notmyrealname
a reply to: DrumStickNinja
The FACT is (and our illustrious Beezer makes it clear), no gun laws have ever prevented a gun grime.

And just how would you prove that FACT? Please...I can hardly wait!

I'll go slow for you:

If you abide by the law,

…wait for it…

There is no crime

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: notmyrealname

I'm still trying to figure out what gun law would have prevented this.

Me too.

The guy was not LEGALLY able to get a gun so WTF does this have to do with having stricter gun laws??? Make it even more illegal for people to illegally obtain guns?

Makes NO sense.

ETA:

I may have to amend my statement. It appears that he *did* legally purchase this gun in 2014.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
Now if you could tie that together with some mutual binding act/person/matter, the theory might be views as more than a theory. Hope to see more as your theory develops.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
Perfect and exactly!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LunaticPandora

The sheriff that denied the permit to carry says it was because of his arson arrest. His wife removed all their guns from their home because of his mental state.

Multiple people appear to have done exactly what they were supposed to do as far as gun laws go and yet dude still did what he did.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thats exactly it. ...the scotus recent decisions have destroyed our consitution...not that Im against what occurred as a result...but our Constitution is being systematically destroyed in deference to UN globalist agenda I will never support.

These boneheads will take every chance to drive their agenda. I half suspect them of perpetrating acts of this nature in order to secure their desire of a defensless slave larder.

a reply to: marg6043

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The FACT is (and our illustrious Beezer makes it clear), no gun laws have ever prevented a gun grime.

This is easy to prove.. Read the words "gun crime". A crime is a violation of law right? So any gun crime that happens is not obeying some law. That's why it is a crime, it violates the law.. Duh.. So, no gun law has ever stopped a gun crime.

This doesn't include people who were going to violate a gun law and then got scared and said "oh this is illegal, I better not do that"..

Gun laws only target those who obey the law, not criminals! So making further gun laws are never going to stop criminals period.

Politicians that use tragedies to boost new gun laws should be shot, in my opinion. Call it an anti stupid a-hole-law.
edit on 24-7-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

This is easy to prove.. Read the words "gun crime". A crime is a violation of law right? So any gun crime that happens is not obeying some law. That's why it is a crime, it violates the law.. Duh.. So, no gun law has ever stopped a gun crime.

This doesn't include people who were going to violate a gun law and then got scared and said "oh this is illegal, I better not do that"..

I'm sorry...I didn't realise that FACTS required such qualifiers. Nice try, though.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

HAHA, you put your foot in your own trap there.

Honestly though, whether you are for or against guns, laws are only as good as the people that they represent, and most of the population will only obey any particular law up to a point. This is why they want to get all the guns. They can't start killing people wholesale while the people can still shoot back.

If confiscation ever happens, and judging by how the police and feds treat civilians right now even when they still have some guns, you will see untold carnage being instigated by the feds. There are already plenty of examples.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I don't know if Beezer's point can be proven in all accounts, but do trust the following institutional studies:

www.cato.org...
people.duke.edu...
bearingarms.com...

I do find it telling when Googling "has gun control worked?" that several articles contain the words "gun control" and "myth" in the same sentence.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Apologies--bearingarms.com is not an institute. Link as follows:

web.archive.org...://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Now if you could tie that together with some mutual binding act/person/matter, the theory might be views as more than a theory. Hope to see more as your theory develops.

Certainly odd that he chose a random group of people, any hostilities he showed were very specific.

One thing none of Houser’s former friends understand is why he was in Louisiana, and how he could be described as a “drifter” by law enforcement. Hostilo said he believed Houser had been financially secure.

“I always understood his family was very wealthy and that he was very wealthy,” Hostilo added. “He’s not the kind of person I would have thought would drift away from everyone he knew.”

Hostilo said Houser said he got his law degree to fight city hall. Despite his hot head in politics, Houser was a friendly guy who had many friends and loved his family, he said.

theadvocate.com...

He said Houser immediately started complaining about the Obama administration and decrying the attack on Confederate heritage.
“He said people were out to destroy the Confederacy, that they want to destroy our heritage,” Hostilo recalled. “And I said, ‘Who?’ and he said, ‘the homosexuals.”

Why not go after politicians or Homosexuals?

He was very outspoken, highly intelligent, really didn't trust government and anything about government. He always thought something was going on behind the scenes.

www.al.com...
edit on 24-7-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The 'proof' is rather self evident.

80 years of gun control plus the fact that murder is ILLEGAL to boot.

Fact is NO GUN LAW has EVER prevented a gun crime.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Louisiana State Rep. Calls For Stricter Gun Control Laws After Theater Shooting

That Rep should try reading the GCA of '68, and the Brady Law of the 90s.

'nut' cases are VERBOTEN from owning/possessing firearms.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Too bad it appears he got his gun in Alabama.

[Link]

ETA: Legally.
edit on 7/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Sounds like he will be labelled a conspiracy theorist and then the anti-gunners will be coming after places like ATS to curb free speech….

I will like to see what the anti-gun ATS crowd says when they come after ATS….

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

[Link]

So the only gun laws that might have stopped this would have been a total ban on hand guns or a ban on selling firearms to anyone who has ever had a mental disorder.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Dunno.

They've said illegally and now legally. And there's how it appears he did it legally is all I know.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

[Link]

It just proves, as with Dylan Roof, that the Federal NICS background check system is garbage.

Back in the 90s when this was instituted it was supposed to be the key element in ending this type of violence... Then Columbine happened... Since no one could dare question the validity of a failed policy, they turned to blaming Marilyn Manson.

Anti gun propaganda is no different to me than the witch hunts against rock musicians in the 80s and 90s by people like Tipper Gore, and her idiotic husband Al Gore.

Back then they thought it would be better to try and legislate away free speech to protect "the children" , now they want to take the 2nd Amendment for "the public good"

In every instance since the beginning of gun control(extending all the way back to the Reconstruction era) gun controllers have been saved the embarrassment of having to explain why guns should be controlled and the Constitution ignored.

Luckily, people are starting to wake up.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

[Link]

Interesting since by law anyone that buys a hand gun has to go through background check.

According to the Brady LAW.

Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year

en.wikipedia.org...

Now considering Russell's arson charge, and other 'crimes' All should have prevented him from buying a weapon 'legally'.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join