It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photos Show Bush Administration Reaction to 9/11 Attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: ~Lucidity

So it offends you that I don't see a smirk? WTF are you on about? Where is the smirk, can I see a pic of the smirk?

See my edit.

ETA: You couldn't offend me if you tried for the rest of your life.
edit on 7/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Awesome acting!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Jonjonj

So it offends you that I don't see a smirk? WTF are you on about? Where is the smirk, can I see a pic of the smirk?

See my edit.

ETA: You couldn't offend me if you tried for the rest of your life.

Nor would I want to, anyway, I didn't see a smirk, so that is basically all I have to say.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Jonjonj because: the word all

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
[Source: PBS]

In never-before-released photographs taken on Sept. 11, 2001, the shock, horror and gravity of the terrorist attacks can be read on the faces of President George Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, their wives Laura and Lynne, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, CIA Director George Tenet and other senior Bush and Cheney staffers.

The photos were released in response to a Freedom of Information Act request filed by Colette Neirouz Hanna, coordinating producer for the Kirk Documentary Group, which covered the Bush administration in many films for FRONTLINE, including Bush’s War, Cheney’s Law and The Dark Side.

Just taking a look now.

Might be some interesting body language to interpret here. Or some interesting captions to write for the photos.

Historical significance any way you look at them.

The first photo at the link was enough for me - who watched that event with their foot up on a desk?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I can't see a photographer just walking in these offices taking random photos of the administration minutes, hours after the attacks.
I mean, Cheney's on the phone in one photo....he would have chased the photographer.
No. This is just a photo shoot/op....whatever they're called.

In my opinion....they're posing for the camera....

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Dick is probably thinking:

"Hmm... How am I gonna connect this to Saddam?
Mmm... time to invest in more Haliburton stock."

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

They all look bored out of their minds to me. Especially Cheney. Like they're being kept from their suppers by some last minute 5:00 meeting on a Friday afternoon.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Urantia1111 because: misspelled Cheney lol

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Everybody is going to see exactly what they want to see. And it's already started with the comments about smirks.

We might not be experts,, and yes we will/do see what we want to see many times, but there are experts who can read faces, microexpressions, body language, and there are even intuitives who can discern things as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Depends on how one interprets the looks. To me its unmistakable that they are thinking "well it done now" or ' we we've gone past the point of no return now."

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Reading micro expressions is more an art than a science, though. And is entirely subjective to how well trained a person is in it. It's also pretty hard to do from still photos.

Not saying it can't be done, but I don't think it can be done to the level of "dick Cheney is definitively thinking this" or something.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah. I think it's an underdeveloped sense in humns.

At this point I'm just more curious about the disappeared smirks. Or my mental health.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I know on this day I was in school, and all the staff and parents were crying hysterically with pure fear running through there bodies... There plan was executed, they all look nervous to me

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

The White House photographer pretty much has free rein to record events in the White House.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ARcrazy

There plan was executed, they all look nervous to me

What plan would that be?

And wouldn't you be nervous after being taken to a bunker that is only there for one thing?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If Memory Serves Me Correctly.
Bush was Reading to a Classroom Full of Children
when the First Plane Hit.

Nowhere near the WHITE HOUSE.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

As others have pointed out, I sense what's behind those expressions: it's like the guy who hires someone to murder his wife, and when he's told she has been killed the reality of what he allowed to happen sinks in and can be read all across his face.

"It has been done."

Or, it could just be shock.

ETA:

Bush looks like a little kid that got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
edit on 25-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They actually look a bit impatient.

Like: "Come on! 'Pull it' already! Lets initiate Phase II!"

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Not a single statement of fact in any reply to these photographs. As like every 9/11 issue it's based on guess work and seeing what you need to prove your opinion right. You're looking for confirmational bias. It's an echo chamber. I want to be proved right so I see smirks and good acting. It's not based on anything more than what you want to see. Amateur psychologists looking at 14 year old pictures making up stories. That's ultimately what this thread is.

Someone above stated they at school there was hysterical crying and such. I'm kinda glad that the leaders of countries don't collapse into hysteria at events like this. That would be a terrible thing. Not much leadership on show at that point. They idea that they felt nothing is quite insulting. I say that as someone who greatly dislikes the lying warmongers. I'm almost certain their private grief was huge but they can't show that with public weeping or hysteria.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Oh great, and now we'll have all the "truthers" pawing over these and analyzing every millisecond depicted in them for "clues" and "signs" of their dastardly evilness...

If you take a photo while a cat is jumping, does that mean cats can secretly fly?

It's an interesting historical record of an important event, nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Bush looks like a little kid that got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Bush always looked like a teenager trapped in a mans body, this is nothing new and not in the slightest bit indicative of anything other than the fact he was an incapable leader and not in the least bit inspiring or confident as President.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join