It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photos Show Bush Administration Reaction to 9/11 Attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
[Source: PBS]

In never-before-released photographs taken on Sept. 11, 2001, the shock, horror and gravity of the terrorist attacks can be read on the faces of President George Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, their wives Laura and Lynne, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, CIA Director George Tenet and other senior Bush and Cheney staffers.

The photos were released in response to a Freedom of Information Act request filed by Colette Neirouz Hanna, coordinating producer for the Kirk Documentary Group, which covered the Bush administration in many films for FRONTLINE, including Bush’s War, Cheney’s Law and The Dark Side.

Just taking a look now.

Might be some interesting body language to interpret here. Or some interesting captions to write for the photos.

Historical significance any way you look at them.

edit on 7/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: cut n paste boobocut n paste boobo

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
As expected Darth Cheney looks pretty darned happy about it..
Does the order still stand,Mr Cheney?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Thank you for the post, S&F.

I cannot imagine what was going through their minds. They look grim, determined, and calm. Must have been some very long days for them.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

No historical significance. No context to any of the pictures.

The motive and opportunity to create false narratives and mythology is obvious.
edit on 24-7-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Just taking a look now. Might be some interesting body language to interpret here. Historical significance any way you look at them.

Well by looking at the expressions on their faces...they are.

1. Truly concerned

2. Actors worthy of an Emmy ( since they are supposedly behind it)

I know which one I believe it to be. And 2 isn't it.

Interesting pics that's for sure...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

No historical significance. No context to any of the pictures.

No context? I'm not sure I'm getting what you're saying.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I just got through a first pass studying them. A few seem a bit off to me...as in relaxed faces and smirks. But I'm sure I'm projecting a bit. Waiting to see what others think. Some people are very good at reading faces...even of practiced actors....er...politicians. Is there a difference?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I see quite a few smirks in those pics and not 1 tear.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Interesting just posting to see how this pans out. One quick question for what reason would be a photographer just be sitting in there with them. Surely at a time like they all types of recording must stop including photography

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
To me, it looks like Cheney is pissed off the plane that went down didn't make it's final destination (i.e., White House, Capital Building)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I'm trying to remember at what point they were all together finally, and at what point Cheney went to Camp David.

Might be time to dig out the old timelines....

www.historycommons.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Well by looking at the expressions on their faces...they are.

1. Truly concerned

2. Actors worthy of an Emmy ( since they are supposedly behind it)

I know which one I believe it to be. And 2 isn't it.

Not that it would support either side of the story. A devil's advocate could just as easily insinuate that they were worried about getting caught out and the incoming public reaction.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

So none see some of those expressions as guilt? the moving version of Bush being given the news is especially telling imo.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

He looks guilty.

Jude

edit on 24-7-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

More like "Wonder if Hell is really hot?"

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
And another question I think trying to read their faces when you know the situation they are in could effect your judgement. For example someone against the official story could possibly look at the faces in a different way compared to someone who supports the official story.

To truely get a reading on the faces someone needs to see them without knowing the circumstances around them would they not ?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I just got through a first pass studying them. A few seem a bit off to me...as in relaxed faces and smirks.

Although you see things that seem off...How do we know what the standard should be as this has never happened on US soil before.

Sometimes people will say something to help ease the tension in the room, because when you don't have a level head things go wrong and things get sent out wrong...but that is just my guess, hell I could totally be wrong on my observation and that wouldn't be the first time that happened.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
No offense to others in the thread but...

Everybody is going to see exactly what they want to see. And it's already started with the comments about smirks. Do you honestly think nobody managed to find one thing to smile about that day?

I have laughed hysterically while being shot at. Not shot near. Not hearing gunfire. Being shot AT. Because at that moment in time, from my perspective, something funny was happening.

If they all had frozen masks of pants crapping fear, people would be in here saying they're acting and over-doing it and not projecting any degree of calm.

I think they're interesting pictures, but won't offer any opinion beyond that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join