It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Preparing to Release Convicted Israeli Spy Jonathan Pollard, Officials Say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wall Street Journal is reporting that Obama administration officials are working to get convicted spy Jonathan Pollard released in an effort to make Israel feel better about the Iran nuclear deal.

Administration spokesman referred questions to DoJ, and DoJ declined to comment "on a matter that may be before the parole commission right now."

Officials are publicly denying efforts to release Pollard and the Iran deal are linked in any way.

Personally I think the timing is all too convenient, seeing as Israel has been screaming for Pollard's release virtually since day one.

www.wsj.com...
edit on 24-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Hellacious typo. Oof

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Gotta agree.

Jonathan Pollard should never see the light of day again. Ever.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Straight up ludicrous. To appease them why? Afraid they're going to have a nuclear temper tantrum of their own?

What a stupid game played by stupid people.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Israel: "Jump!"

USA: "How high?!?!"

ETA:

I agree that the timing is a bit too convenient but I no longer get surprised by anything which manifests itself from the USA/Israel relationship. The whole thing is a saga straight out of the Twilight Zone.

edit on 24-7-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

"Still a better love story than Twilight!"

Sorry, had to. It's that ludicrous.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'd have executed him and sent a real message to the Terror State he worked for.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Let that traitor die and if Israel doesn't like it tell them to go get screwed. It's funny how Israel is throwing such a fit about him when he was arrested they acted like they didn't know him and wouldn't give him sanctuary in their embassy.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Israel is also asking for $4,500,000,000 in U.S. aid, per year for the next ten years.

“ Netanyahu demands ‘up to $45 billion dollars’ in US military aid to deter Iran, Gulf States “
source: www.rt.com...

Given there are 253 working days in Israel, this chunk-of-change if made available by no other than hard working American taxpayers, breaks down something like this ...

Each working day Americans will end up paying Israelis – $17,786,561 ( seventeen million seven hundred eighty six thousand five hundred one dollars ).

Each working hour Americans will end up paying Israelis – $2,223,320 ( two million two hundred twenty three thousand three hundred twenty dollars ).

Each working minute Americans will end up paying Israelis – $37,055 ( thirty seven thousand fifty five dollars ).

Talk about mastering the art of professional panhandling, what a bunch of freeloading mooches!

Total U.S. aid to Israel is approximately one-third of the American foreign-aid budget, even though Israel comprises just .001 percent of the world's population and already has one of the world's higher per capita incomes. Indeed, Israel's GNP is higher than the combined GNP of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, the West Bank and Gaza. With a per capita income of about $14,000, Israel ranks as the sixteenth wealthiest country in the world; Israelis enjoy a higher per capita income than oil-rich Saudi Arabia and are only slightly less well-off than most Western European countries.

source: www.wrmea.org...

edit on 24-7-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

"Still a better love story than Twilight!"

Match made in lobbyist heaven - call it a LOVE CONNECTION

And Bibi says...

"You anti-semites!"

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

If most of us only knew...

Most people are oblivious to the fact that American tax-payers are funding the welfare state which names itself Israel. It's odd how the Saudis and Israelis keep getting away with this type of stuff while most of the hypnotized world turns a blind eye.

Anyone who works hard for a living should be angry that their paycheck is going to a terrorist regime which disguises itself as the only democracy in the ME.

It's really not hard to get mad when you think about it.

My tax dollars fund some pretty nasty sh#t

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Let that traitor die...

If he wasn't a Zionist asset he would have been in much harsher conditions where all the brown people went, I think they called it Guantanamo bay...he would have had a rough time in there lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I think this administration is trying to do all it can to prevent Israel / Saudi Arabia from attacking Iran nuke facilities. I know Kerry made another comment about Israel and a possible attack and warning them not to do it.

I find it interesting though Kerry / Obama remain quiet when Iran threatens to wipe Israel off the map.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Nope - He could never have been sent to Guantanamo Bay. Julian Assange tried to play that idiot ass card as well and it was a fail then to.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

My apologies to Shamrock for thread drifting, but why. do you XCT feel the need to confuse and obfuscate?? We're all idiots our character is not what is in question.

If you want to criticize characters stick to the OP and tell us about the traitor who should have been trialed for treason. G Bay was a tongue in cheek comment which you were not meant to take so seriously lol I know he was busted way before official G Bay acknowledgement.

Stop messing my buzz bro.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Even if he were busted after Gitmo was in operation he still could never have been sent there. Your tongue in cheek comments are the ones that are confusing by implying a course of action that doesn't apply.

Your messing with your own buzz, not me. Secondly maybe think about what you post and how it can come across. Maybe try using /sarcasm so we know your comment is not meant to be taken seriously and that there is no need to correct your mistake.

What exactly am I obfuscating on?

As for your comment about me saying something on topic I did, just above my response to you.

Since you missed / ignored it here - www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-7-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Israel: "Jump!"

USA: "How high?!?!"

ETA:

I agree that the timing is a bit too convenient but I no longer get surprised by anything which manifests itself from the USA/Israel relationship. The whole thing is a saga straight out of the Twilight Zone.

So true! I don't know why we're always kowtowing to Israel. It's utterly ridiculous. Jonathon Pollard is a traitor, and should spend the rest of his life in prison.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I think 30 years is enough. And I know people despise this man and they would be justified in feeling that way but 30 years! He did some serious stuff and was a greedy SOB for certain. I say send him back to Israel and then cut Aid completely. It's fair bargaining chip. Let him live on Israel's dime rather than the US.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I wonder what it will take for Americans to wake up to the influence Israel has over our government.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You would be right there and I am pretty sure both Nations' National Security experts in house are drafting the fall out contingencies for such an event for the possibilities of what the post response for an attack would be. The fact is that the deal only delays the inevitable. They can and will be a Nuclear power either by withdrawing from the agreement much like North Korea did once it's suitable to there interests or they will ramp up to it over the next 2 decades. Many do not understand why so many others still perceive this as a bad deal. Until; we know every single aspect of the agreement including the undisclosed aspects of the deal we really can't judge how bad it is or could be. I am on the fence myself. I take issue with a theocratic Nation having it's fingers on nuclear triggers either now or in the near future though. War seems inevitable either way. It's just being delayed really. I hope I really am wrong though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join