It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Wondering...

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
No amount of evidence would suffice to change the minds of those that have had 14 years to get the truth wrapped around their brains and still cling to the hope that what they thought was right along could not possibly be wrong.

What you have offered is NOT EVIDENCE.

Everything you have offered as evidence in this forum has either been a lie, debunked numerous times, or simply a misunderstanding of what actually happened on that day.

There is absolutely nothing you have added to this thread that I can see that could even remotely be considered evidence of anything, at least not of anything more than the refusal the conspiracy theorist has to accepting reality and science.

Let me put this challenge to you - Write a single post detailing the top ten reasons why you reject what actually happened on that day, offer the evidence you have that has convinced you in the most compelling way, and I'll confront every point individually.

If, at the end of that post, you have offered anything that convinces me that there is a conspiracy here, I will freely admit it.

I really want to see what it is that has convinced so many people that this did not happen the way science shows it happened.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
No wonder they're always on the attack it has to be stressful.

The fact that you view the presentation of science and rationality an "attack" is extremely telling.

The fact that you resort to attempting to diminish those presenting the evidence of your theories being incorrect, rather than providing your evidence to convince us that we are wrong, is more telling still.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The buildings buckled. Clearly seen as multiple floors starting sagging inwards under the conditions. Did the engineers believe that the design could withstand a plane hit when they constructed them? Absolutely they did but like with a lot of things you just don't ever know for sure until it happens.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
And before anyone says Thermite, Thermate or Nano Thermite read this please.
willyloman.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

People seem to forget also that when these buildings were designed to withstand the impact from a jet plane, that was without computers producing 3D models, without any experience of the same thing happening to any other buildings, and with the assumption that maintenance on fire proofing would continue.

It seems to me those who base their conspiracy on the notion that these buildings were designed to withstand exactly what happened to them, they ignore plenty of factors to make that supporting statement.

Then again, most "truthers" ignore plenty of factors to believe what they believe.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: In4ormant

People seem to forget also that when these buildings were designed to withstand the impact from a jet plane, that was without computers producing 3D models, without any experience of the same thing happening to any other buildings, and with the assumption that maintenance on fire proofing would continue.

It seems to me those who base their conspiracy on the notion that these buildings were designed to withstand exactly what happened to them, they ignore plenty of factors to make that supporting statement.

Then again, most "truthers" ignore plenty of factors to believe what they believe.

I wonder. If given the opportunity to prove their belief would any of them take it? Would any of them agree to be on the top floors of a building constructed identically as those were while a plane crashed into it? I'd imagine on the day it was time to test their belief we wouldn't see any of them hopping on the elevators.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
I wonder. If given the opportunity to prove their belief would any of them take it? Would any of them agree to be on the top floors of a building constructed identically as those were while a plane crashed into it? I'd imagine on the day it was time to test their belief we wouldn't see any of them hopping on the elevators.

Interesting question.
I doubt it, given that none of them can even offer the evidence they all seem to believe they have.

I'm still waiting for it.
I keep asking them and they haven't yet produced one piece of evidence to support any of their claims. Everything I have seen has been debunked more than a few times. Everything they post is either just more reinforcing of their belief by other conspiracy theorists, or already disproved by actual science.

I'm really baffled, surely they have seen such compelling evidence that it caused them to believe what they believe, but they haven't been able to show me it.

I'm left thinking that these people are really just incredibly gullible, what alternative is there? If they have the evidence for their beliefs they should show it, prove it, tell us all what it was that caused them to absolutely believe the most fantastical version of events while rejecting the reality so many of us saw and witnessed with our own eyes.

That brings me to something else... I wonder how many of these truthers were not even alive, or just toddlers, when this event actually happened?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: In4ormant

Interesting question.
I doubt it, given that none of them can even offer the evidence they all seem to believe they have.

I'm still waiting for it.
I keep asking them and they haven't yet produced one piece of evidence to support any of their claims. Everything I have seen has been debunked more than a few times. Everything they post is either just more reinforcing of their belief by other conspiracy theorists, or already disproved by actual science.

I'm really baffled, surely they have seen such compelling evidence that it caused them to believe what they believe, but they haven't been able to show me it.

I'm left thinking that these people are really just incredibly gullible, what alternative is there? If they have the evidence for their beliefs they should show it, prove it, tell us all what it was that caused them to absolutely believe the most fantastical version of events while rejecting the reality so many of us saw and witnessed with our own eyes.

That brings me to something else... I wonder how many of these truthers were not even alive, or just toddlers, when this event actually happened?

I never thought of this. Obviously not all were young but, if you were 15 or so at the time(or younger) I would imagine there would have been a good chance you were impressionable to all the various theories that cropped up in the couple of years after.
edit on 26-7-2015 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
hello my friend, you just have to understand that we are on different levels. you are a very awakened soul. so your purpose on earth is greater than those who have yet to awaken. you have a great future ahead of you. you are one of the people who are helping to build the new earth. keep up the good work. be blessed.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
And to clarify something about people saying the steel columns wouldn't be damaged by a plane made with composites/aluminum etc. Here is a Purdue University report and simulation. Notice that the columns don really fail during impact so much as their CONNECTIONS. Dislodged supports and ruptured floors don't hold a building up so well.
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonovanCelestial888
Hey if you want to see the real 9/11 check out this blog post: theblazemordecai.blogspot.com... UNBELIEVABLE WE COULDN'T SEE THIS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!!!

It was right in front of me all along

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

There wasn't a reason to investigate the crashes themselves, no. It was obvious the planes were deliberately crashed so the cause was known. Once they knew who what was left to investigate about the crashes themselves?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Again you can see that most of the bolt/weld connections are what gave way, not the actual beams. The beams warped or bent but without the bolt/weld connections holding the structure together you lose load capacity.

And given the fact that liquids are notoriously hard to compress to any degree, the wings would have essentially been solid objects crashing into the building with great force as well.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Let me conclude our little chat that nerver stood a chance of advancing to the stage of a reasonable discussion.

People tend to show their true faces in 9/11-topics, you did so pretty fast. And there are always at least two types of debunkers. One offers information and hard facts while the other just obfuscates the matter and usually even continues to proclaim themselfes debunkers or truthers (depends on their personal holy grail) if they can't offer said information. But who in their right mind would add childish patches to their friggin sweatshirt if they didn't achieve anything so far? You actually just managed to ignore the hardness evaluation from Nist itself, what a lovely bummer. Add that picture to your Patch.

Now let me ask you this: are you one of those self-proclaimed debunkers then? Your decision. I just illustrated what many readers with more than a little sidenote (which obviously reads OBEY) in their heads think, if you leave the level of objective and sober discussions to mess with silly emoticons in thin air. Just another funny fanatic who rather sticks to his sacred opinion than keeping up with a differentiated perspective. Well... who couldn't care less about your opinion then?

Yeah I know... good personal is hard to find these days. Some really desperate folks would probably even go the extra mile and offend the intelligence of every reader with some really crappy ad hominem theories like: "meh... them darnd truthers were not alive as it happened or just toddlers".
HaltStop... wait! It just happened again! Exhibit A, factual proof for at least one de-debunker on board who doesn't even have a live yet and who gives a friggin frick about respectfull discussions, manners and T&C violations. Gotcha, kiddo!

That actually just made my day before it really started. Toddlers!

edit on 26-7-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You have your coffee yet? I'll buy you one

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
i watched it on tv and always have thought the buildings fell too quickly. i think planes did hit the buildings, but i think there are a lot of red herrings and people base theories on these and end up sounding nuts. the only real evidence that i see that is concrete is the physics of the way the buildings collapsed. at a speed which would mean there was no supporting structure underneath. this just isn't possible. and no one has satisfactorily explained how this would have been possible. the 911 commission report is written like a fictional novel, i found the language used throughout to be less "reporting of evidence" and more suspense novel in nature. but that doesn't mean anything, much like most people's wild theories and anti-bush/cheney conspiracies don't mean anything. it is a well known fact that the CIA was training al-qaida/taliban operatives for many years.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ah... "9/11 Madness" will never end it seems.

The gesticulating "truthers" try to enforce the idea that if one is to accept most of the facts as given, then you "support the official story." There seems to be little or no opportunity for the acceptance of the events on 9/11 as having transpired pretty much as described, and still a massive conspiracy to exist.

Having been in NYC that day. And after having been involved in the early "9/11 Truth" meetings at St. Marks Church. I can say with absolute certainty that a majority of the claims of the "Truth Movement" are, in themselves, an obfuscating disinformation campaign/conspiracy of the highest order. And a very successful on at that.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Ah... "9/11 Madness" will never end it seems.

The gesticulating "truthers" try to enforce the idea that if one is to accept most of the facts as given, then you "support the official story." There seems to be little or no opportunity for the acceptance of the events on 9/11 as having transpired pretty much as described, and still a massive conspiracy to exist.

Having been in NYC that day. And after having been involved in the early "9/11 Truth" meetings at St. Marks Church. I can say with absolute certainty that a majority of the claims of the "Truth Movement" are, in themselves, an obfuscating disinformation campaign/conspiracy of the highest order. And a very successful on at that.

I've always felt the events to be simply explained but the responses and the way in which they were handled to be the source of all the conspiracy. No one wants to admit they werent prepared to handle anything like this at any level or with any branch. Fire/police/military/civil/FAA you name it. Everyone did as best they could in a shocked and reactionary way and mistakes were made. Unfortunately, this leave gaps for lies to fester. No one was perfect but they did a great job under the circumstances.
edit on 26-7-2015 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

"I just wanted to know how many people still believe the official version. You have made it quite clear."

You asked a bunch of questions and then proceeded to give your reasons and opinions in your OP. Am I not allowed to give mine?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join