It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Wondering...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
After 14 years of information and disinformation about conspiracies concerning the events that transpired that day, how many of you have changed your mind?

Did you believe the original media reported version and now you don't? Or did you not believe it and now you do? Or has your belief been exonerated or obliterated?

Did the findings of NIST convince you? Have you done any research on your own? Have you just decided no matter what you are shown or told that your mind will always be unable to change either way?

I never believed the official version, ever! All that I have researched has only confirmed things for me.

I am not going to show videos or provide links, they have all been seen and done.

I will only make a few comments about why I do not think these events occurred the way NIST suggested or was reported by the MSM then or since.

Not only was there never a building reinforced with steel burned down before that day, there has not been a single one since.
Isn't it a bit strange that the only recorded steel buildings that have ever collapsed in free fall, foot print without the use of "demolition", happened on the same day, not just one but 3? I find that to be extremely unlikely odds, astronomical even. The heat necessary to melt or even bend steel was not caused by jet fuel and office furnishings. One dissipates quickly and the other is fire retardant. Something else had to generate the extreme heat that resulted in fires for weeks after. Steel enforced buildings just do not fall that way without assistance.

The people they claim are responsible had no motive and gained absolutely nothing and the one's that did gain from it have gotten away with murder repeatedly since and profited in the same manner continuously since. They wanted control. They wanted money. They wanted war. They wanted to get rid of investigations. They wanted to eliminate. They had motive. Larry Silverstein, The Bush family, The Carlyle Group, Haliburton just to name a few. This has been documented. The trade centers (1&2) were full of asbestos, not only is that a fire retardant itself, it is extremely toxic and expensive to remove. Building 7 was relatively new and housed some very sensitive material and investigations that disappeared that day, too. How convenient? There are way to many motives for these people. 3 trillion dollars unaccounted for wiped out by a strategic plane crash to the pentagon? Also, very convenient? That pipeline they wanted. Documented.

The greatest defense system in the world? Where was the defense that day? I feel so much safer today. Where are the black boxes from those planes? Curious how the NTSB investigations were handled, don't you think? I have seen lesser circumstances that didn't involve the destruction of that day get far more attention. Strange?

The endless list of inconsistencies is all the more reason to not believe the official version, so, if you still believe they have given you the truth, why? I just have to know how anyone can believe the "cock and bull" version still, after 14 years?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Fourteen years ago, I was still in high school, and at the time, was quite sure that it was an inside job.

Since then, however, I've learned to look at things more objectively, rather than jumping to whatever conclusion best supports my world view. I also went on to study architecture and structural engineering in college, git my degree, and went into the field.

I still have a few questions about minor things, but overall, I find that the official story explains things quite well. I find myself constantly shaking my head in disbelief at the ignorant claims of most 'truthers' who have absolutely no understanding of structural mechanics (as it relates to architecture) outside of a few videos they saw on YouTube.

I very rarely get involved in 9/11 threads because I don't deal well with ignorant, arrogant idiots (ie. 95% of 'truthers'), and I don't want to get banned from ATS.

Anyway, back to the original question....I used to buy into all the conspiracy stuff, but now I see it for the ignorant trash it is. It's amazing what an education can do to one's thoughts on the matter....

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
oh my, for sure inside job.
14 years of more nails in the coffin and anyone
saying different hasn't followed A&E for 9/11 truth
or watched the four part 9/11 ten years of deception
which was a forum conducted by Emeritus Professors
a former White House advisor Architects Engineers economists
sociologists and a theologian to boot.
Pentagon ,no plane no bodies no luggage no fuel smell (find a pic of a plane or bodies)
Shanksville, no plane no bodies no luggage no fuel
(again a quick google search should pull up a plane and bodies right?)
3 class 1a buildings fall from fire for a history first
And no new building codes ? how about for WTC 7 ?
And WTC 7 if you can't see how it was imploded
you may want to brush up on fire vs steel and concrete.
It's only a matter of time.
A&E for 9/11 truth has grown in membership
not shrunk.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Interesting how you decided to go on the defensive rather than substantiate your miraculous transformation. So, please, enlighten us on how you came to these newfound conclusions. Pretty amazing that you are an engineer and do not seem to grasp the physics in the events of that day. Degree huh? They give those out to anyone, big deal.

Tell me about aviation, melting steel, free fall dynamics and how your degree explains any of that.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just look at what has happened in the World as a consequence of that fateful day.

I don't believe the O.S, I used to, but my eyes have been open to the lies and deceit that has left millions dead and countries ripped apart.

Not sure if Bush was in on it all, but I think Cheney probably benefitted the most out of anyone in the Administration and wouldn't be surprised if he knows an awful lot more than he would ever be willing to admit publicly.

The axis of evil rhetoric, which included Iraq and Iran, who were/are the best of enemies, was a pup sold to the American people on the back of public outrage.

It's always interesting to see an engineer claiming that anybody who thinks it's a conspiracy, as ignorant uneducated fools, yet there are some very prominent engineers who question the O.S.

edit on 24/7/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Common sense prevails in the absence of truth. It is harder to convince somebody they have been lied to repeatedly. We call these people enablers. Easier to be deceived than to admit they have been deceived.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I used to soak up the conspiracy on this like a sponge but now it bores me. I don't buy all the theories anymore. If they wanted to bring down the buildings and blame terrorism on it they coulda just blown them up from the bottom and called it a day. Keep it simple stupid. No need for all the plane mumbo jumbo. Planes hit the buildings and planes are what brought em down.

(post by Tucket removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't buy most of the theories. Never did. Pie in the sky, most of 'em.

So, too, are there issues with the "official story" for lack of a better title.

Did planes hit the building? Indisputably, they did.

Did terrorists do it? Seems so.

Did govt. take advantage? Hell yes, they did. What? you're surprised????

Most of the "theories" out there in interweb land are so much fecal matter being flung against the wall hoping something will stick.

After all this time, the only thing people are looking for anymore are things to help with their agendas, whatever it may be.

Spare me the claims otherwise, I've stopped listening.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sometimes it can be a pain to figure out what to believe about 9/11. In 2001 I was a 17 year old in local college, I didn't know much about the world, nothing about politics, and I tended to trust the government.

Upon researching 9/11, you're met with all kinds of information and disinformation, and it's hard to tell who you can trust and who you can't. I try to make sense of as much of it as I can, but in the end I don't believe any one version of the story.

I've seen the government lie and cover up too many things. I've learned about all kinds of false flags and secret experiments. On the flip side, I've seen "mainstream" conspiracy minded people use half-truth and outright lies to try to sway people.

In the end, I suppose I believe that 3-4 planes crashed that day (the Pentagon is puzzling, but I don't know enough about crashes, engineering or physics to say what the hole or debris field would look like). I believe that at least some of the hijackers were CIA trained, laying at least some blame on the feds.

I can't speak to definitive motives, finances, or science. Maybe it is just a gut feeling.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

I have to agree with that statement 100%, star for you my friend.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The beauty(I guess) of it all is this. Truthers claim that a bunch of 2nd rate terrorists couldn't pull this off because its too complicated yet propose theories so complex, convoluted and diverse that NO group of people could pull off. They fail to see the irony.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The Bush family coffers got considerably larger as a result. So, yes, he was involved (Carlyle Group). They have their hands in oil and gas (pipeline in Afghanistan). They have their hands in the selling of weapons. They can get money from every direction. Bush senior wanted a New World order, head of CIA and former president during many wars. They orchestrated a NEW Pearl Harbor. It was very effective how it polarized the world to fight terrorism. Took away freedom in the form of patriotism and we allowed it willingly.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I see what you're doing there. Redacting opinions does not get you off the list my friend, you will still be hauled off to reeducation soon.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Planes hit the building, indisputable? Hardly. It is quite the contrary. Nothing about that day is indisputable other than the official version.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter

I see what you're doing there. Redacting opinions does not get you off the list my friend, you will still be hauled off to reeducation soon.

Does it come with a meal pass?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Planes hit the building, indisputable? Hardly. It is quite the contrary. Nothing about that day is indisputable other than the official version.

So planes didn't hit the buildings? Oh wait, holograms. I forgot

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

So if you are a truther you don't believe and if you are not a truther than the truth is true? I would rather be a "truther" than get sucked in over and over by a version of the truth that is full of lies.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

What was it then?

Space based?

Holograms?

really big birds?

What?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I forgot my decoder ring today. Planes hit and brought down the buildings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join