It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Movie Theater Gunman Left Online Trail Of Extreme Right Wing Views

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: Rocker2013

I can somehow picture you wanting to hang the colonists for treason against the crown in 1776.

And they were breaking the law and they were terrorists even if they were fighting for a good cause.

Some of which was spawned by ....

The Boston Massacre

Amid ongoing tense relations between the population and the soldiers, a mob formed around a British sentry, who was subjected to verbal abuse and harassment. He was eventually supported by eight additional soldiers, who were subjected to verbal threats and thrown objects.

Oh the poor soldiers !!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

Yeah, because right-wing terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center.
And bombed the Boston Marathon.
And shot at people during a cartoon contest in Texas.
And murdered unarmed servicemen in Tennessee.
And threaten terrorists attacks on US soil over Twitter every day.

Never mind, that's Islamic terrorists I am thinking of.

Can you list the terror attacks by right-wing Americans in the last 20 years? Must be a lot of them if you think it should be our number one priority.

Yup everyone on the right forgets that Muslim extremists ARE there contries conservative evangelicals. It's kinda funny all countries have nearly the same dynamic. You have the progressive secular side VS the religious conservative side. That's not saying that all rightwings are created equal but the fundamentalism is the same no matter the country.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That they were. Isn't it remarkable how anything that's a threat to those in power and their control is terrorism?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I can somehow picture you wanting to hang the colonists for treason against the crown in 1776.

And they were breaking the law and they were terrorists even if they were fighting for a good cause.

The Boston Massacre

Amid ongoing tense relations between the population and the soldiers, a mob formed around a British sentry, who was subjected to verbal abuse and harassment. He was eventually supported by eight additional soldiers, who were subjected to verbal threats and thrown objects.

Oh the poor soldiers !!

I am aware of the event and as I said they did have a "good" cause.

But they were still using violence to forward a political idea and irregulars of the Patriots (and loyalists ) both used tactics that centred around causing fear and mayhem in a way today we would class as terrorists.

Anyway you just replaced gun happy redcoats with gun happy cops.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Anyway you just replaced gun happy redcoats with gun happy cops.

Gun happy cops responding to gun happier criminals.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think Eric Garner might disagree with you there......

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

I think Eric Garner might disagree with you there......

Agreed !!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Looks like he was a huge fan of the the Westboro Baptist Church.

In other words, this guy was a complete POS.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Personally I believe this was an honest to goodness, lone nut, isolated incident. And if you read his stuff (I made a really comprehensive post on the other thread- around pg 18 or 19) he was all over the place. Christian- check, anti abortion- check, anti gay- check....conservative right? Oh, but then he says Iran is more 'moral' than the US.... dafuq?

If this were really some media driven agenda we'd really be having it beat over our heads. It barely made front page on Huff Post.

Charleston shooter *cough cough* Confederate flag *cough cough* TPP fast tracked while everyone was looking the other way *cough cough*

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Perhaps its a programing with Cellphones that is happening.
People thar are confirmed as Vulnerable hit with electromagnetic frequencies causing them to be suggestable.
www.intellihub.com...

HERE is an AP you can buy.contest.techbriefs.com...
although THAT is mostly subliminal.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I don't call reactionary nut's terrorists .
IT gives them too much creedence, they are ONLY reactionary nuts.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

We can't get our own president to say "radical Islam", but our media is quick to label him as a "right-wing extremist."

Surprised they didn't call him a radical Republican already.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
How convenient is this? Another white "lone wolf" shooter, with some either real or conspiratorial connection to both right-wing extremism and/or white supremacy? This is is very suspect, and very fishy, that so many things are coming together with such similarities, from a SECOND black woman being found hanged, to a SECOND lone wolf (potentially white supremacist racist) killer.

Something is NOT right in the bigger picture. What the hell is going on?

The fabric of society is slowly crumbling, but there's something else that I can't put my finger on...

Indeed. Something is very wrong and I don't really know what to make of it either. I have always had kind of a sense about it when something is fishy. Something is VERY fishy here. And it seems to be getting worse. At this rate, we'll be lucky if we can even say we hate fish in a couple more years.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

It was only a matter of time before this was either mentioned or uncovered:

Oh no! That pesky truth again! Dam liberal media telling the truth, so f-ing inconvenient and unfair!

It was only a matter of time before the reality of this mans thoughts and political ideologies were brought out into the open for discussion, how dare the corrupt media and government tell the truth about this man, it's so inconvenient that he's a right-wing nutter they should have ignored all his political opinions entirely!

/sarc

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

That they were. Isn't it remarkable how anything that's a threat to those in power and their control is terrorism?

Nope, using violence to force your political opinion is violence, or do you disagree?

Terrorism is using fear, violence and murder as a means to push your political ideology.
You have the right to express your opinions, the right to lobby for change, the right to start your own political party to gain public support.

You DO NOT have the right to use force to push your political ideology regardless of public opinion, or in spite of it.

But, you give a great example once again of how detached many Patriots/Conservatives/Libertarians/Republicans on forums like this one are when it comes to the definition of what terrorism is.

(post by cavtrooper7 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Hint: I'm liberal.

At this point, we don't know what his motivations or targets were for choosing this theater, so we don't know if those beliefs has any bearing whatsoever on what he did, who he targeted, or why, though it *is* likely those beliefs are a factor.

So, either it was mentioned to directly connect those thoughts as a direct motive for his actions (with the basis unknown), or it will be uncovered that those beliefs were directly resultant and responsible for those actions.

And we don't know.

But it's interesting that we have ANOTHER crazy right wing loon that shoots up stuff. :/

ETA:

So instead of cloud the discussion and automatically assign blame without evidence like some people are so eager to do, I'm attempting to keep the discussion and dialogue OPEN, since so much (motive) is UNKNOWN.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Until, of course, they become a threat themselves. But by then all us "gun carrying, right wing, religious fanatics" will be gone and they will have no one to turn too.

UMM that could never happen. Right?

(1917, 1939, 1975...)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Hint: I'm liberal.

You could have fooled me

At this point, we don't know what his motivations or targets were for choosing this theater, so we don't know if those beliefs has any bearing whatsoever on what he did, who he targeted, or why, though it *is* likely those beliefs are a factor.

We know that he had a history of right-wing ranting on right-wing shows.
We know that he had opinions against liberal ideals, feminism, LGBT, abortion and even taxation.

Your question seems to be how do we define individuals as being a part of an ideological group?
Do they need to have a membership card before we can assert that their beliefs and behaviors are indicative of an extreme ideology?

The actions and opinions of a person are a direct presentation of their political ideology, they don't need to be a card-carrying member of an extremist group to be identified as having those extremist opinions and ideologies.

We do the same for every other extremist out there, so why should this guy be given "the benefit of doubt" or some kind of special consideration? Is it because he was white? Because he was American? Because he was right-wing?

It seems to me people want to dissociate his actions from his political beliefs because he was a right-wing terrorist rather than an Islamic terrorist.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Boston Massacre

Oh the poor soldiers !!

An interesting, and often forgotten, twist to the story is that patriot and revolutionary John Adams defended the redcoats and won the case.

“The Part I took in Defence of Cptn. Preston and the Soldiers, procured me Anxiety, and Obloquy enough. It was, however, one of the most gallant, generous, manly and disinterested Actions of my whole Life, and one of the best Pieces of Service I ever rendered my Country. Judgment of Death against those Soldiers would have been as foul a Stain upon this Country as the Executions of the Quakers or Witches, anciently. As the Evidence was, the Verdict of the Jury was exactly right.” –John Adams

John Adams Heritage

The British soldiers were acquitted because the Bostonians in question were in the wrong--assaulting people who were not being aggressive against them.
edit on 27-7-2015 by IanFleming because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join