It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Movie Theater Gunman Left Online Trail Of Extreme Right Wing Views

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

You went off on a tangent. Not that I disagree. But the subject here seems to be his motivation or the reason for this tragedy to have occurred.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

In my roundabout way I was attempting to explain my rationale for not labeling the LA shooter a terrorist, when I do consider the Chatanooga shooter a terrorist.

Target Is a factor in the distinction.

Edited the previous post, btw.
edit on 25-7-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And the GOP was insulted when Homeland security, a few years ago, stated that right-wing terrorism was on the rise.

They and many other groups tried to tell that ignorant group of fools about this

But all they wanted to hear was ISLAMIC TERRORISM IS THE ONLY TERRORISM

The GOP are Ignorant bastards!

edit on 25-7-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Your absolute faith in America's corrupt government is alarming. And quite frankly, It's evident throughout all your posts that you'd prefer people not speak out or challenge authority in any way.

Then you haven't read through many of my posts at all.
If you had, you would know that I routinely criticize both the British and US governments, and the police. In just about every thread on police brutality I am extremely vocal in my opinions about what needs to be done.

Go and read my opinions again, and this time pay attention

The ironic thing is, that people are slowly waking up to the fact the government no longer has the interest of the people in mind. People are slowly realizing that the only thing their elected officials care about is staying in office and staying funded. That's what scares you. You feel safe underneath the "protection" of government and anyone challenges your safety net is a threat.

Wrong again, but then you seem to be on a roll.
This has nothing to do with whether I trust a government or not, this has to do with whether a right-wing terrorist deserves to be called a right-wing terrorist, and whether your government is right to deem right-wing extremism a threat.

Oh, and btw, as we can see from the regular and routine irrational extremist preaching from the right-wing, your government is absolutely right to deem right-wing extremism a threat.

Your reaction is no different from people that ascribe the traits of radicalized muslims to all muslims. Or from people that ascribe the traits of radicalized christians to all christians. I've seen people in this forum say that doing that is out of fear. It's no different from your reaction and is why I've responded as I have.

Wrong again.
This is not about Conservatives in general, or Republicans in general, this is about your government saying that the intelligence they have suggests that they should be focusing on right-wing extremists, and whether you like it or not there are a hell of a lot of Republican, Christian, Conservative right-wing extremists in America.

The evidence is all out there for everyone to see for themselves.

You can refuse it all you like, it doesn't change the fact that a lot of people (note I didn't say all) who consider themselves to be Christian, Conservative and Republican also have extreme views.

No one has said that applies to all of them, and claiming that anyone has just makes you look foolish.

It doesn't make a difference if the gunman had right wing views. His actions and beliefs are not representative of anyone but himself. Outside of these people, I don't personally know anyone that claims to be a republican or conservative that has called for violence or armed revolution. To the contrary, they've called for revolution through people waking up and effecting change through our political process.

I agree that his actions are his own, that doesn't change the fact that he was a RIGHT-WING FANATIC.

And you know as well as I do that every damn week on this forum there's another thread about an "armed revolution" in your country. If you want to try to claim that this is not true then you either arrived here yesterday or you're outright lying.

It's a regular subject on these forums, you know that, I know that, we all damn well know that!

Government losing its absolute control over people... I can somewhat understand why that frightens some people.

And you give a good example of the kind of irrationality we're dealing with in this discussion.
How does your government have "absolute control" over you?
Are you a prisoner? Are you being worked to death in a slave labor camp that we don't know about? Are you limited in your freedoms and rights in any way? Please tell us all, exactly how are you being "oppressed" by your "evil government"?
edit on 25-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

How else was the DHS supposed to explain away the massive crime in the big cities?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

In the 1990s, Houser frequently appeared on a local television call-in show, advocating violence against people involved in abortions, Calvin Floyd, who hosted the morning show on WLTZ-TV in Columbus, Georgia, told the AP.

Houser also espoused other radical views, including his opposition to women in the workplace. Floyd described Houser as an "angry man" who made "wild accusations" about all sorts of topics, and said he put him on to counter a Democratic voice because "he could make the phones ring."[Source]

I'm just sorry he took other people with him.
edit on 7/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yeah, because right-wing terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center.
And bombed the Boston Marathon.
And shot at people during a cartoon contest in Texas.
And murdered unarmed servicemen in Tennessee.
And threaten terrorists attacks on US soil over Twitter every day.

Never mind, that's Islamic terrorists I am thinking of.

Can you list the terror attacks by right-wing Americans in the last 20 years? Must be a lot of them if you think it should be our number one priority.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 7/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh, this is guy was a gem:

He only had two things liked on Facebook, among them "I hate liberals!"

A man identified as John Russell Houser on Twitter tweeted only twice. He wrote, "If you don't think the internet is censored, try reading a newspaper from a country that hates liberals the way I do," in June 2013.
Link

Rabid ultra-conservative-anti-liberalism at its finest that results in a shooting spree.

Enough Said.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

Yeah, because right-wing terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center.
And bombed the Boston Marathon.
And shot at people during a cartoon contest in Texas.
And murdered unarmed servicemen in Tennessee.
And threaten terrorists attacks on US soil over Twitter every day.

Never mind, that's Islamic terrorists I am thinking of.

Can you list the terror attacks by right-wing Americans in the last 20 years? Must be a lot of them if you think it should be our number one priority.

Does it matter whether it's "terrorism" or politically motivated violence (that isn't labeled terrorism)?

Good starting place is this post..

One might argue that those *are* terrorism, because of the political motivation, even though they were *not* committed by Muslims.

Our society tends to label the majority of violence by Muslims as terrorism, but rarely other types of politically motivated violence *not* committed by Muslims.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Well, your edit removed the story you linked but this post still makes a valid point so I'll leave it up.

Two of the incidents on your list do fit the bill for terrorism: the Atlanta Olympics bombing and the Oklahoma City bombing were certainly terrorist attacks. The article you linked dismisses the notion that those perpetrators were lone-wolves, to which I disagree. McVeigh and Rudolph are the very definition of the lone wolf terrorist.

They differ from the other killers on that list in degree of violence and more importantly motive. They both wanted to send a message. They rest are more like the LaFayette LA shooter; they were mentally disturbed people who chose suicide and wanted to take others with them.

Like I said, the line between terrorist and murdering psychopath can be blurry.
edit on 25-7-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Oh, this is guy was a gem:

He only had two things liked on Facebook, among them "I hate liberals!"

A man identified as John Russell Houser on Twitter tweeted only twice. He wrote, "If you don't think the internet is censored, try reading a newspaper from a country that hates liberals the way I do," in June 2013.
Link

Rabid ultra-conservative-anti-liberalism at its finest that results in a shooting spree.

Enough Said.

Okay, I get that he has a history of ultra conservatism. My question is, was that the motivation for the shootings? We also have reports of his wife distancing herself from him (for good reason). Is it possible his motivation is based on family issues? Some seem so quick to jump to the motivation being his ultra conservatism. Can you factually claim to know his motivation? Is it possible there was another motive?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

McVeigh and Rudolph are the very definition of the lone wolf terrorist

If I am not mistaken McVeigh did not act alone. 2 other people were convicted for their role in the bombing and one of those men testified against the others for immunity for his wife.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I don't know what the motivation is. And I've said as much in this post, which I quote:

If he did author all those things, what he did apparently has no political motivation (unlike Roof) that I can see. It appears to just be random targeting. Like James Holmes.

People with a political agenda tend to lash out at what is a perceived threat, and not necessarily at random.

Which brings me back to the OP: even if he was extreme right wing, what's the point in what he did? Therefore, there appears to be an underlying agenda linking the right wing to domestic extremist; even if most domestic terrorists are right wing, this doesn't appear to be a motivating factor here.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Thanks. I appreciate the clarification.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Refreshed my memory of the issue, and you are right. Previously-concealed info points to a group of people involved, not just McVeigh and Nichols...though only they were charged...

That was definitely terrorism. The motives don't resemble right-wing ideology so much as anarchist or soveriegn citizen ideology, though.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Inner city crime and terrorism are 2 different subjects

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time before this was either mentioned or uncovered:

He flew a large Confederate flag outside his home and a Nazi swastika outside a bar he owned, and put “doomsday” fliers in his neighbors’ mailboxes,
Link

Here we go, again the Confederate flag linked to a shooting spree from an alleged right wing white supremacist. Mean, evil ol' flag.

How convenient is that?

“He was pretty even-keeled until you disagreed with him or made him mad,” said Jeff Hardin, the former mayor of Phenix City, Alabama, just across the state line from Columbus. “Then he became your sworn enemy.”

I wonder why he went to a movie theater? Because it would be dark, loud, people who have their attention diverted to the movie, and it would make them easy prey???

The weakest scum seem to always pick the easiest targets with mostly helpless people: schools, theaters, churches..
edit on 25-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Inner city crime and terrorism are 2 different subjects

...... both with same end results.

Murder and Killing !!!!

Which one is more politically "valuable" ?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I can somehow picture you wanting to hang the colonists for treason against the crown in 1776.

And they were breaking the law and they were terrorists even if they were fighting for a good cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join