It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Movie Theater Gunman Left Online Trail Of Extreme Right Wing Views

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: krosnos

Gotcha. You're the keeper of the definition of what is and is not "racist" and today you've managed to classify statistical facts as racist, associate dislike of Obamacare with racism, and apparently enforcement of standing immigration laws is racist because nationality equals race?

Dude... perspective.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede
Damn it, the #1 comment there is "I hope Luke O'Neil is shot dead by an illegal alien with an illegal gun in a gun free zone located in a sanctuary city."

Way to go...... Round and round we go. So sick of all you people.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

There are several media people coming out and talking about having him on as a caller or a guest, he was a right-wing fanatic preaching about morality, womens rights, religion, race, abortion - he was a right-wing extremist.

I am getting confuse here? but isn't that the same topics and rhetoric that our own political figures running for positions of power love to include in their speeches to gain votes?

That's a good way to phrase the problem...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: krosnos
It's funny to see right wingers tell us they are not this and that, give themselves a pat on the back to console one another and than a week later, maybe even a day or two later create a thread that showcases the exact things they are being accused of..

Exactly.
We have a problem here, in that these same people scream that it's totally unfair the right wing are being accused of being a radical threat, while then creating yet another thread proposing that the government needs to be overthrown by force and their political ideology forced onto the society they inhabit.

Their understanding of the definition of terrorism is warped.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
And for those claiming this is an "imaginary" problem and that there is no extremism from the right at all, or that it's all "manufactured"...

"It is my hope that that marriage decision serves as a spark, to start a fire, that becomes a raging inferno and awakening that sweeps this country as the body of Christ rise up to defend the values that have built America..."

If you really think this is all just "left wing propaganda" then you might want to go and tell all your fellow right-wingers to stop reading those scripts and proving the point themselves (which no doubt you believe are written by the CIA, the White House, or some "evil liberal organization")

Are they brainwashed into embarrassing you?
Are they all paid to just give you all a bad name (even though they just preach what you actually do believe?)

This is of course just a little sample taken from Right Wing Watch, there are of course thousands upon thousands of other examples of these right-wing fanatics preaching their conspiracy theories, ignorance, racism, religious delusion and hatred on YouTube and through various radio talk shows out there.

When there's a "Left Wing Watch" with the same wealth of radical, fascist, "Christian", ignorant right-wing preaching threatening everything from religious crusades to an armed revolution against the elected government, come back to me and let me know.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I can somehow picture you wanting to hang the colonists for treason against the crown in 1776.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
a reply to: introvert

Ok, now that's out of the way.

So how is right-wing ideology more dangerous than, say, Progressive ideology? Or Muslim ideology? Gang ideology? Fascist left-wing ideology? Oops, already said that one.

In their extremes, it's not, and they should all be thrown into re-education camps.

Soon.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I can somehow picture you wanting to hang the colonists for treason against the crown in 1776.

Can you explain that opinion a little more?
Or do you often resort to nonsense when you lose a debate?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Every time the shooter is white, they're mentally deranged.

If they're black, it's because they're from a broken background or somehow drugs are involved.

If they're Muslim, they're terrorists.

The above is pretty much the MO of the media.

Has anyone stopped to consider that hardly any of these mass shooters are WOMEN ? They're nearly ALWAYS men.

There are just as many mentally imbalanced women out there with access to guns. Why don't women go shooting up malls, theatres, and recruiting stations?

Yes, woman are inherently much less aggressive than men, but when it comes to mental imbalance, influences of drugs and broken homes, and terrorism, that shouldn't matter.

Something to make you go "hmmm ........"

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Ok, now that's out of the way.

So how is right-wing ideology more dangerous than, say, Progressive ideology? Or Muslim ideology? Gang ideology? Fascist left-wing ideology? Oops, already said that one.

Ideology itself is not a problem, the threat of using violence to push your ideology is.
Now do you see the difference?
People can believe what they want to believe, they can campaign for whatever they want to campaign for, but the moment you start making threats against the safety and wellbeing of others, it becomes... terrorism.

But thanks again for proving the point that many here don't seem to be able to grasp what the definition of terrorism is, or what extremism is.

There is absolutely no difference between a radical Muslim making a video calling for Jihad to push his political views, and a "Christian" right-wing extremist calling for a revolution against the population and state over same sex marriage.

Both are extremists, both are a threat. You don't get to claim that your radicals are less of a threat because they're American and believe the same things you believe.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Every time the shooter is white, they're mentally deranged.

This annoys me too.
The way they are already quickly making this guy out to be a "drifter" (translation: not like us at all) and mentally ill is almost attempting to diminish his politically motivated actions.

He was a terrorist, he was a right-wing terrorist, he committed a terrorist act.

But, you can't have people admitting that an American Conservative was also a terrorist, that would be hitting a little too close to home for many of these people.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Lost the debate? Why? Because you said so?

Your absolute faith in America's corrupt government is alarming. And quite frankly, It's evident throughout all your posts that you'd prefer people not speak out or challenge authority in any way. The ironic thing is, that people are slowly waking up to the fact the government no longer has the interest of the people in mind. People are slowly realizing that the only thing their elected officials care about is staying in office and staying funded. That's what scares you. You feel safe underneath the "protection" of government and anyone challenges your safety net is a threat.

Your reaction is no different from people that ascribe the traits of radicalized muslims to all muslims. Or from people that ascribe the traits of radicalized christians to all christians. I've seen people in this forum say that doing that is out of fear. It's no different from your reaction and is why I've responded as I have.

It doesn't make a difference if the gunman had right wing views. His actions and beliefs are not representative of anyone but himself. Outside of these people, I don't personally know anyone that claims to be a republican or conservative that has called for violence or armed revolution. To the contrary, they've called for revolution through people waking up and effecting change through our political process.

Government losing its absolute control over people... I can somewhat understand why that frightens some people.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You replied to the wrong person Rocker.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The evidences are clear. Oh damn, my head hurts.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The point was lost on you for the same reasons you think right-wing ideology is dangerous: you don't know your history, and you don't understand the nature of government.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Acts of violence committed in the name or motivated by any ideology are terrorism.

So the question here, which I guess some people are trying to answer or get an answer to, is, is that what he did this in the name of?
edit on 7/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: research100
Those people spouted racist, xenophobic nonsense and murdered innocents. That makes them right-wing, how??
I would call them psychopaths. That type of person can twist any ideology into justification for their actions.

Insane mass murderers do not act without some sort of internal rationalization. When we interrogate them after the fact, they don't say they just killed because they felt like it. These people conjure up alternate realities in their heads, and convince themselves they are fighting some menace or rectifying a terrible injustice.
We see this every time. Lanza, Dorner, Holmes - they all cite grievances, usually blaming some social or racial group for their own problems.

These people adopt ideologies of all kinds. What they do have in common is mental derangement.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Terrorists will use mass murder to bring attention to their demands, but terrorism and mass murder are not the same.

Anyone who commits mass murder has serious mental health problems. To call the LA shooter a terrorist is giving him too much validation. That man's ideas are not shared by a significant number of individuals. His motivation was not to encourage social or political change. There is no indication that he intended to accomplish anything other than death.

The distinction between terrorist and plain old crazy is a blurry one. In my mind, all terrorists are psychos but not all psychos are terrorists.
edit on 25-7-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Acts of violence committed in the name or motivated by any ideology are terrorism.

So the question here, which I guess some people are trying to answer or get an answer to, is, is that what he did this in the name of?

Exactly.

If he did author all those things, what he did apparently has no political motivation (unlike Roof) that I can see. It appears to just be random targeting. Like James Holmes.

People with a political agenda tend to lash out at what is a perceived threat, and not necessarily at random.

Which brings me back to the OP: even if he was extreme right wing, what's the point in what he did? Therefore, there appears to be an underlying agenda linking the right wing to domestic extremist; even if most domestic terrorists are right wing, this doesn't appear to be a motivating factor here.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Still odd though how people don't seem to want to call him a terrorist yet seem to have no issues with calling him mentally ill. Either way....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join