It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My interesting experiences, very very long....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I believe my Dad hangs around me. (died in '91) I had more than a few experiences since he has died. I was "his" child and my sister was "mom's" if you know what I mean. Parents always say they don't have favorites, but I guess mine did.

After he died, I moved home with Mom for a short while. My light next to my bed used to come on(it was a brass touch lamp) in the middle of the night. One night someone knocked LOUDLY on my bedroom door. No one was there and I could hear Mom sleeping. That house was always a little weird. It was never a very happy house either. We had it built when we moved to town, but it has a bad energy to it. My husband believes it to be because it was a little below street level.

When my twins were born, my son was not alive. It was a highly traumatic birth. He was a bizarrely aware infant. He actually creeped me out when he would stare at me. It was never like my daughter who had the focus of a baby, he looked THROUGH you. Almost INTO you.

I knew during my pregnancy, which was a hard pregnancy that the second baby was going to have a cord accident if I didn't have a C section. I told the OB that many times. He of course looked at me like I was a loon. The whole pregnancy it was planned I was going to have a section. My blood pressure shot through the roof at 35 weeks gestation and I was blind in the middle of my eyes. I was asked if I had eaten that day and I said yes. Had I not been such a pig, I would have had my C section at that point. They admitted me and were going to do a section in the morning

Mornng came and my water broke. I was talked into a trial of labor not only by my OB, but my Mom. At that point, I was so tired and worn out I would have agreed to anything.

Exactly as I predicted, second baby had a cord accident. As they were reviving him, I also knew he was going to be OK. That it was the way it was supposed to be and he was not going to die or be terribly disabled. There was peace in my heart. Same certainty that I had about the cord accident

So, back to my original story of my father visiting me. I have always gotten that prickly feeling of being watched, but I Think everyone does. Once, when the kids were about 9-10m old, I was giving them their last snack of whatever cereal before bed. It was dark, and probably 6-7pm. Hubby was still at work. I walked by the stairs and out of the corner of my eye was a MAN on the landing! I screamed, through what was in my hands in the air and looked at the landing. Nothing. I chastized myself for being silly and went on. I did it again 5min later.

Another time, it was summer and dusk. The kids were probably 16 or so months old. I was in the bonus room on the computer and the kids were in their cribs. I then, heard a male voice talking in their room. I couldn't hear the words, but I could hear the bass of a male voice speaking. I sat for a bit, screwing up the courage to check on my kids. It didn't feel ugly, I was just scared what I might see! I checked on them, and nothing in there. Checked the closets and the bathroom. Nothing.

When my son was about 3 years old, he picked up a picture of my Mom and Dad and asked who my Dad was. I told him it was his Grandfather. He quickly answered me back "No it is not, he is my friend, he talks to me".

Whenever things go missing, my husband always says "Ok Dad, put the stuff back so we can find it!" Kinda joking, kinda serious

I went and visited a well known, well respected psychic. His waiting list is about 3-5 years long. I got a phone call(I know someone close to him) to come in and see him. He confirmed my Dad was to the left of me. He said my aura was very large, jagged and white with orange/red accents. Said my purpose in life was to be a healer. That I should pursue that. Now, I do not believe I am psychic, but I do think sometimes I can feel certain things. I am usually right about when someone is pregnant, before they know it, or what sex the baby will be. I don't know the future, can't read minds ect;. I am good at feeling if it is decent person though.

So, that is my long story of weirdness in my life

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Your story is very interesting, but do you really think, it should be discussed on ATS? My family members are extinct, but I am not going to discuss it on a forum, because that is .. sort of private. Anyway, if they did want to find me (if ghosts exist), I'd reject them because they never cared for me. I could go on and on, but there is just a point where to stop.

I guess, those people sharing private experiences must be too lonely to discuss them with close friends... but cheer up, no means of offense!

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I had thought this would be the kind of place to discuss it. Being it is called "Paranomal studies" and all. I was wrong in thinking it was. I can always delete it.

Of course no one would take offense to calling them lonely and such. I am sure if you called me fat and ugly, I wouldn't take offense to that either. And, of course my friends and family know these stories, they heard of them as they happened.

At the moment I am bored, but not lonely.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Thank you llpoley that you choose to share with us your story. Don't worry if some people will not be able to cherish this -as every society ATS has different kinds of viewers. Don't stop posting by any chance - after a while you will feel more comfortable here -you will see!
I think you are very brave to share such personal story, I think you should keep opening your eyes for beauty of different possibilities... Good luck with developing your psychic abilities

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
At the moment I am bored, but not lonely.

My post was meant to be general, introducing how a forum operates, where are the most different people turn up. If there is a situation that you create to pinpoint yourself as a target, there will be some people who will take the chance. And it can actually lead to bad feelings. I am not saying that ATSers must be wicked, but there are some private issues that generally have no place on a forum, instead they do well in the private room of a chat, where you invite whoever you want.

But I am not here to play the smart one, just creating opinion. You decide what you want and what you don't.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I am not a terribly private person and rereading what I wrote, it doesn't seem that soul baring to me. Probably because it is so common knowledge in real life. I have told these stories to people many times and usually they are just found as pretty cool.

I just found it to be a neat compilation of my otherworldly experiences. Other than those, my life is pretty normal.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Geez, some people are so rude...
Sorry for the first response you got, llpoolej. I don't think theres any reason to even explain yourself to someone who has absolutely nothing valid to contribute and just craps on your thread. I for one think that is an awesome story, especially the part about your son saying that is his friend. It made me smile
so thanks!

It sounds as though you are finding yourself in a state of spiritual/psychic development, and are discovering that you have a very keen intuition. I would have guessed that is why you are here.

I do not doubt your feelings on the subject. Your story contains examples of you being a strongly intuitive person, so best to just continue developing it and trust that.

I have found that the site www.crystalinks.com is a good one to browse the articles and links on regarding any curiosities you may have about spiritual and intuitive development...

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Cool link Duh! Thanks for the welcome!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I too like your story, especially the part about your son saying his grandfather was a friend who talked to him....perhaps he will be what some call a 'spirit guide' to your son.

I too think that this is the ideal place for sharing personal experiences......those are the kind of paranormal experiences that mean the most! Yours did not sound like they were too private to share. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You're not alone there, I too get strange visitations. However for me, these have pretty much gone away for some reason

new topics

top topics

join