It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLUE CROSS of Texas & Illinois Canceling over 600,000 ObamaCare Plans on 12/31/2015.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The deductibles are murder.

and of course.....

Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It"

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
"If you like your Doctor,you can keep your Doctor"

"If you like your insurance,you can keep your insurance"

And the one I really like.:'"The average family will save$ 2500 per year on premiums"

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There you got people higher premiums for those that can be manipulated and tracked by Obamacare and the IRS gestapo, meanwhile free care for those that don't make enough to fall in any healthcare plan.

How you like your Obamacare now, specially if you are a hard worked tax payer.

Insurance companies got their bonuses, Obamacare, the best bailout in history.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
"If you like your Doctor,you can keep your Doctor"

"If you like your insurance,you can keep your insurance"

And the one I really like.:'"The average family will save$ 2500 per year on premiums"

Those three "promises" were repeated so frequently by our President that a court would rule breaking those promises is an impeachable offense, wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
600,000 is a lot of tax payers that can be monitored, tracked, forced and rip off thanks to Obamacare, lots of cows to milked by the insurance companies.
edit on 24-7-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah, thats not how it works. They don't just "cancel". Your plan may be discontinued, at which point they will offer you an ACA compliant health plan that they feel would be profitable for them.

BCBS is required to offer plans that comply with ACA. So the plans that it offers that comply with ACA will be rigged in their favor, like all the other carriers. Otherwise, they wouldn't make money.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

At 11:59pm CST on December 31, 2015, Texans who have an individually purchased Blue Cross PPO plan will automatically have that plan canceled, and they'll be moved to a more restrictive HMO plan, unless they've chosen to purchase health insurance from a company other than Blue Cross.

What's sad is that the plans that are being canceled in Texas are not the older ones that Obama said you could keep. Those were canceled on 12/31/2014. The 600,000 are ACA-Compliant plans that were born on January 1, 2014.

BTW...It's not included in the 600,000, but BCBS Illinois is canceling/discontinuing all of the "Grandmothered" policies that went into effect between 3/23/2010 (when ACA was signed) and 12/31/2013 (the day before ObamaCare plans were born). Due to public uproar in 2013, President Obama begged insurance companies to keep those plans active for a few years. Texas BCBS did, for one more year, until December 2014.

At the end of this year, Illinois BCBS will be canceling all 132,000 of them. Those plans have low deductibles, and premiums that are 70% less than what policyholders will have to switch to at the end of this year. But the new plans have maternity! Single guys just love paying an extra $90 a month for the mandatory maternity coverage that comes with every ObamaScare plan.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

"We Will Keep this Promise .....

You can KEEP it ......

PERIOD !!!

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan." - Barack Obama

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And please tell me how it is Barry making the insurance company switch the people over?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There is going to be a big crash in everything. Look at all of those states where the storms are and all the flooding world wide because of the bad weather. I can't see how it lasted this long. What do you think ?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

And please tell me how it is Barry making the insurance company switch the people over?

It's "Barry" and the big government failures.

Just like he himself said.

The 5 stages of denial are setting in.

Obama has stuck so many feet in his mouth, nobody can even count anymore !!!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

So during open enrollment, they will not be offered the exact same plan again. Sounds about like how things are.

The reason they do this? The plan isn't profitable for them with what ACA will allow to be charged. So its going to have a sunset, and other plans will be offered to enroll in.

But you enroll every year in a new plan. At least, in Texas you do. I presume the nation kind of works similarly all over. But don't know that for sure. Regardless, this is BCBS Texas.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Just imagine what they would do if the healthcare insurance industry was completely deregulated, like the Republicans want.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

All because we gave the companies free reign to do as they were doing before.

Make as much money as possible.

But of course it is the ACA's fault that the companies are choosing to do this on their own.

Strange how that works out.

I bolded the above sentence. YES IT IS ACA's FAULT. Because the companies were already doing that, it was already happening, the ACA did NOTHING with companies except they needed to have so many high risk people. I doubt that was even true. The ACA was supposed to address the companies choosing not to cover people, reign them in and force them to cover the uncoverable. That's what it was LARGLEY about.

And who's WE? Don't you mean OBAMA and the Democrats?
edit on 24-7-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: xuenchen
Time for the Public Option !!!!

Why did Democrats erase that from the ACA anyway?

Oh please, I think we all know. This bill was a Trojan horse designed to create another crisis that the all-powerful and beneficent government will have to "save" us from by creating single payer for all. In other words, pass the bill to find out they're destroying it so they can get what they've wanted all along.

Almost makes you think they studied Alinsky, Cloward and Piven.

2nd

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes..you're primarily correct. The insurance companies had to estimate what claim costs would be once they had to accept anyone who could fog a mirror. There was no prior history to go by. Blue Cross guessed wrong. Its plans in Texas and Illinois were priced too low. Texas Blue Cross lost so much money on claims that it's taking the extraordinary step of getting rid of all their PPO network plans at the end of this year. It will be narrow-network HMO, or nothing, for BCBS-Tx individual/family coverage, starting 1.1.2016.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Imagine if everyone took the positive route and did everything to make it work.

Instead of doing everything to sabotage it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Juan Williams wrote a piece on this......in November 2013

Insurance cancelled? Don't blame Obama or the ACA, blame America's insurance companies
By Juan Williams
·Published November 05, 2013
· FoxNews.com
www.foxnews.com...

People have been clamoring about cancelled health care insurance policies since the inception of the ACA and Obama has also made over 50 changes since it's inception. Yet he didn't do one change to affect the one thing people needed - their coverage to be continued. Giving the insurance companies an out instead by telling them they had to cancel or not offer 'inferior' policies. Who didn't see this coming? Sure, you MAY be able to get another policy (at least for now) but at what cost. One you can afford? See, we're right back where we started.....no wait, I think we've retreated farther back.

What happens when all those who are not receiving employment health plans can no longer get health insurance because they can't afford it? With the economy still sinking and the new trade agreements in place, employment income still stagnant, once again the lower middle class is screwed.

I can't see the merger of Aetna, Cigna Humana, whatever, being a good thing. Just another giant monopoly.

I am just so angry about this.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ummmm...they are finally wising up and going with the expansion. Quite the opposite I think?

Illinois Medicaid enrollment jumps under Obamacare

(AP) — Illinois is among a dozen states where the number of new enrollees surpassed projections for the expansion of Medicaid under Obamacare. While the surge in signups lifts the number of insured people, it has also stoked worries about the future cost to taxpayers.

Illinois and Cook County eventually will have to bear 10 percent of the cost of expanding the safety-net insurance program for the poor. The federal government agreed to pay all costs for the expansion through 2016, but it will begin lowering its share in 2017.

More than twice as many Illinois residents have enrolled under the expansion than former Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn's administration projected. It expected 298,000 people to sign up in 2015, but 623,000 newly eligible Illinoisans enrolled by the end of June. Signups have outstripped forecasts in at least a dozen states, according to a new analysis by the Associated Press.

edit on 7/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: formatting fix

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

I can't see the merger of Aetna, Cigna Humana, whatever, being a good thing. Just another giant monopoly.

I am just so angry about this.

The Obama Administration can stop the mergers from occurring if it wants to. They're in total control of approving or denying them, until they're out of office at the end of next year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join