It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy (of some) In the LGBT Community

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
For millions of years and continuing heterosexuality is the norm, it is accepted and generally non offensive.

PDA should be kept private IMO whichever sexual orientation.

I am hetero female and a few exes have tried kissing me in public wherever they could like it was some sort of ownership, Sainsbury's, the petrol station, restaurants etc. I despise it. Those relationships didn't last long.

The phenomena of people balking at homosexual PDA is normal as it isn't recognised at the core level of human comprehension by most as being anything other 'wrong', it sends alert signals that are involuntary psychological responses.

I guess it is part of evolution, most men do not want something happening to them in an area meant for something else as a survival mechanism, it is genetic memory learned behaviour. Women also look for men that fill certain criteria and sexual interest in other men is not part of that, hence such behaviour induces repulse responses in many women and men. I don't want to see it, and it isn't from hatred, it is instinctive.

People shouldn't feel chastised or negative for having normal, healthy, human responses.

That also isn't about inequality as equality exists, it is the essence of equality as having feelings, instinctive reactions and opinions is a right.
edit on 24-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Not homophobic at all...

I don't get "Turned On" by a Woman kissing, but i wont tell them to "Keep their heterosexuality behind closed doors" or get them kicked out of a restaurant etc

link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Welp, as a gay man, you have my respect.

And I happen to agree.

For a group who wants acceptance and understanding, the LGBT community goes about in some hilariously separatist ways sometimes.

~Tenth

link   
One more time;

I'll try again;

I sometimes want to draw a picture of a conservative black Mohammed, wearing a dress made from a confederate flag, slapping a progressive asian kitten with a spatula while eating bacon, from a wheelchair, while burning the American flag. For Jesus.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

originally posted by: ketsuko
But it does make me feel uncomfortable. I'm sorry.

Watching homosexual behavior triggers the same feeling in me I get when I attempt to envision something like pedophilia or something similar. I chalk it up to the fact that it is unnatural behavior for me. I can handle shows with gay characters but I often turn away or do something else with the intimacy is explicitly shown because of it. If there is too much, I do find myself tuning it out and turning it off.

I would fully expect someone who is homosexual to experience similar feelings when forced to go against their type and orientation. I cannot help it that they are such a minority, but there is a sound biological reason why that is.

This is one good reason why physical intimacy is not publically appropriate, but then again, if you go back to the days of my grandfather, PDA was not an acceptable thing at all. I blame the whole sexual revolution for that. When we started acting out our sexuality, we opened the doors for everyone to do it. Maybe everyone should start to put it back inside again? If only to stop antagonizing each other with it?

Your post seems to be very honest and that is always a good thing. If i may just two points. Homosexuality and pedophilia have nothing to do with each other,its the "anti homo mob" who introduced this in order to gain support. A "homo" is not who the person is it only describes who that person wants to have sex, love, relationship with, since it takes two you are in no danger. I really dont understand how this can be so threatening to some people but I respect it can be.

I think people use pedophilia as an example because it is another aberrant sexual behavior and not because of the idea that they are same morally...at least from the standpoint of consent of adults.

However, if you read your own post you could easily insert 'pedo' for 'homo' when defending who someone loves and is attracted to and I do think it can be used as a reasonable example even if it is not popular with the LGBT community to make such a comparison.

edit on 2015/7/24 by Metallicus because: Spaced for readability (no text changed)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

PDA should be kept private IMO whichever sexual orientation.

This is so true. I wish it was kept for private moments between two people and not for public display.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I respect you Tenth and always have. We don't always agree, but that is okay.

I also want to say that the 'gay' issue is a complicated and divisive one and one of the reasons I post on the topic is to try to increase my own understanding and acceptance of this issue. I think I try to be respectful, but it is easy to offend when a topic is one you don't fully understand in the first place.

I am certain that discussion on this topic has helped me grow as a person and I hope it helps other people come to a better understanding of this issue as well. Just because some people are comfortable with a topic doesn't mean the rest of us don't need to put in our work.
edit on 2015/7/24 by Metallicus because: Added last sentence

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: network dude

Not homophobic at all...

I don't get "Turned On" by a Woman kissing, but i wont tell them to "Keep their heterosexuality behind closed doors" or get them kicked out of a restaurant etc

YOU won't but someone else may have reactions to public displays of affection, regardless. i'm the same way. i don't have a problem with public displays of affection unless it gets too heavy. but i wouldn't ask for them to be removed from my visual range. i just would ignore it. it's a matter of mutual respect for the rest of the people who's public space we are sharing, as the op is explaining.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Any PDA makes me uncomfortable.

Well, interacting with people in general does that too I guess.

I don't like people.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The answers in these threads seems a little bit too practiced, from both sides. Anyway im off to have a prostrate exam to see what all the fuss is about
or perhaps
dont know yet

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
One more time;

I'll try again;

I sometimes want to draw a picture of a conservative black Mohammed, wearing a dress made from a confederate flag, slapping a progressive asian kitten with a spatula while eating bacon, from a wheelchair, while burning the American flag. For Jesus.

it's getting more intense by the minute. this could get large. where's the feminist slant? you missed the wemens!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

See, heterosexual people haven't been victims for long enough so liberals do not care how we feel.

Give it some time. I wouldnt be surprised to find a future where heterosexuality is considered a disorder, and homosexuality is the norm..

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I actually agree with your point about public displays of affection. And I agree that goes both ways. Society has become far to sexualised even children are far to sexualised now. This seems to be a Western Problem and probably caused by our media/TV shows etc.

We do need to find middle ground on the whole LGBT debate. I don't believe for one iota there is a gay agenda other than to achieve equal rights, Not more rights, just the same rights as everyone else.

I also understand those folk that feel icky when they see two men kissing etc, it's a tad hypercritical to publically state that though if you don't mind seeing two women doing the same!! That being said, I feel icky if I saw two woman having sex but the likelyhood of that happening is remote. To add my best friend is a 70 year old lesbian, so it's just the sex part that I'd feel uncomfortable with.

I think the main issue we have on ATS is there are two camps on this debate, we now need to focus on the middle ground and work from there. It doesn't help any debate when some folk blatantly are homophobic and comparing homosexuality to bestality or pedophiles. This is not constructive and will get a response that won't benefit the debate one iota.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Maybe you are just really pretty and those guys felt like getting a kiss?

I don't mind PDA that much, unless two people are just getting hot and heavy like it is prom night.

Affection is normal, being in public is normal, not sure how it can be normal to not want to see it.

Now I will have to agree that I don't like seeing 2 guys kiss, but I can just look away if I don't want to see it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: notmyrealname

See, heterosexual people haven't been victims for long enough so liberals do not care how we feel.

Give it some time. I wouldnt be surprised to find a future where heterosexuality is considered a disorder, and homosexuality is the norm..

that happened in ancient greece. women were a necessary evil. otherwise, the culture was pederastic and homosexual. they killed their female children at birth.
in ancient rome, it was a bit more woman friendly.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Remember being a kid and seeing two people kiss and proclaiming, "Ewww, gross!"

Maybe you will grow up in your acceptance of gay love expressions as well.

G'luck!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Is it just guys, or do both sexes doing PDA upset you? I ask because I only feel that way with dude's doing it. Two women is sometimes kind of hot. (is that wrong?)

Two men - not acceptable.

Two women - acceptable because it's hot.

Wow.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
But it does make me feel uncomfortable. I'm sorry.

Watching homosexual behavior triggers the same feeling in me I get when I attempt to envision something like pedophilia or something similar. I chalk it up to the fact that it is unnatural behavior for me.

Hopefully you realize homosexuality is not sexual deviance and should never be compared to pedophilia.

Here's to hope

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

Remember being a kid and seeing two people kiss and proclaiming, "Ewww, gross!"

Maybe you will grow up in your acceptance of gay love expressions as well.

G'luck!

read my post on the first page.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

*sigh*

One more time!

I sometimes want to draw a picture of a conservative black Mohammed, who just left the kitchen after telling his woman to make him a sammich, wearing a dress made from a confederate flag, slapping a progressive asian kitten with a spatula while eating bacon, from a wheelchair, while burning the American flag. For Jesus.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join