It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Weekly Jobless Claims Lowest Level since 1973 !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yeah,I went out last week to look for a job and I got 15 different jobs!They were giving jobs away free!

Boy oh boy,how dumb do they think we are?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: ugmold

But the government has ALL the solutions !!!!!

You just need to follow their instructions !!!!!

I rarely follow your replies, they don't make sense to me, maybe I just don't get it.
Banker-Investors are the responsible Party. They need a return or they'll take their Satanic Solution away.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

LOL Its actually over 90 000 000 the context is over 16 and hasn't applied for a job in the last 4 weeks and number quoted is courtesy of the BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

I rarely follow your replies, they don't make sense to me, maybe I just don't get it.
Banker-Investors are the responsible Party. They need a return or they'll take their Satanic Solution away.

And your "responsible Parties" are the result of failed big government policies.

I'm Independent 40 years. You are so black and white it is tragic.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Care to link it then?

Can't be that hard.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Occurs Obama fix the problem more welfare recipients that ever before, no wonder nobody is filing for employment, they are filling for welfare.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Ah great !!!

Independence is supreme.

But I think you still love big government. Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Ah great !!!

Independence is supreme.

But I think you still love big government. Hmmm.

When you assume, you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me"

You'd probably enjoy yourself more at The "Fox and Friends" Blog with other like minds.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Looks like I'll find out how the employment market is doing. Just got released from my contract job. It appears HR has an arbitrary rule that no contractor can stay over 18 months. So it's back to the job search again.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: datasdream

I feel for you, I worked at the House of Reps as a contractor and was given less than a 4 day notice that I had to find another job.

Worst part is that my supervisor asked for my resume a week or so before and also said I was going to be getting a raise.

What a raise indeed.

Contracting jobs are a joke, there is no protection for the employees of contracting companies.

The part I don't get is, why can't the employees stay working since they already know the job and just the company the employees work for change with the contract.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: datasdream
Looks like I'll find out how the employment market is doing. Just got released from my contract job. It appears HR has an arbitrary rule that no contractor can stay over 18 months. So it's back to the job search again.

unless its a right to work state you can sue them for essentially firing you. Its discrimination against contractors.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah2
Crazy.

I recently lost my job, and do not qualify for unemployment. I guess the reason less people are filing is because it's harder to qualify now?

at one point I lost my job last year, first time I had been without a job in over 12 yrs.........

I could NOT get unemployment, I was denied 3 times........

and yet I watched a family member who has never worked a day in her life, rake in just about every gov handout she could get.......and get funding for housing......

Made me damn sick
edit on 7/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Ah yes.

Attack when cornered.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

That's crazy, it reminds me of the time I was at the grocery and a brand new escalade pulled up. A man, wife, and a couple kids jumped out. I thought " damn that things expensive, good for them." Only for them to end up in front of me in line at the register paying with EBT. I just about puked. It seems like there's only enough to go around for the abusers.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yeah then why are 50 million people on food stamps? That's 1 in 7 Americans I guess they're all lazy useless eaters.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
I'm curious how this whole issue is counted. Since you cannot stay on unemployment forever, 26 weeks in most cases however 73 in emergency cases.

So to really think on that, how is this really the numbers?

How would anyone really know, unless they've asked everyone?

Seems like it's just happy pill fodder, might as well have the cop from southpark come out and say " everything is ok, nothing to see here " .

Our jobless rate has climbed, not fallen. Add the contracting jobs that give their workers less than a week's notice that they don't have a job, and I'm sure the rate isn't the lowest since the 70s.

You're all being lied too.

Yeah, the numbers don't add up. Under Obama SSDI recipients have increased by almost 6 million.

Numbers don't lie. Forty percent of the population was on some form of public assistance when the president took office; today, that number stands at 55 percent. And fraud is rampant articles.baltimoresun.com...

Food stamp recipients up 70%. That's HUGE.

By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Thursday, March 28, 2013

Enrollment in the food stamp program — officially the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — has soared by 70 percent in the years since President Obama first took office, a new report finds.

The government said the recession ended in 2009, The Wall Street Journal reports, but enrollment in the food stamp program didn’t wane, as would be expected in an improving economy. Since 2008, it’s been on a steady rise, The Journal reports.
*snip*

A record 47.8 million people participate in the program, as of December 2012 — a figure that translates into a 70 percent rise since 2008, The Journal says. Why?

Despite government claims, the job market is still lagging. The poverty rate is on the rise, The Journal says. And federal laws passed under former President Clinton and further under Mr. Obama are actually driving the enrollment rate higher.

Americans Not in Labor Force Exceed 93 Million for First ...
cnsnews.com/.../americans-not-labor-force-excee...
Apr 3, 2015 - BLS employment statistics are based on the civilian noninstitutional population, which consists of all people 16 or older who were not in the ... (which matched the unemployment rate seen in February 2015). ... with a much lower particiption rate, causing the overall participation rate to decrease

Since February 2009, the first full month of Obama’s presidency, 9,549,000 people have left the labor force. There were 80,387,000 Americans not working that month, compared with 89,936,000 not working or looking today, according to the latest economic release from BLS.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) labels people who are unemployed and no longer looking for work as “not in the labor force,”and that includes people who have retired on schedule, taken early retirement, or simply given up looking for work.
www.cnsnews.com...

I'd have to say the employment numbers just don't add up.

edit on 25-7-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I don't know what the numbers are, but to all those who've stopped looking or cannot get on unemployment, I hope you can find work. Working is lifeblood. It's as important as exercising. It keeps you focused. I think it's necessary to be healthy, if you ask me.

Food/water/shelter/healthcare/law enforcement/schooling (or parenting)/etc. Without food/water we'll certainly die. The others are crucial to a long life. None of those things are free or occur without someone making them. That's why we work. We can't all do nothing. Some people have to produce these things, so that others who're unable to can rely on them. And of course therre're less important but still valuable things: government/entertainment/religion/etc. Cost varies.

But it's not just about food/water/etc. It's about status. It's about confidence. They're tied together. A capable person has some status. A more capable person has more. That's because peopl recognize when others are capable or especially capable.. If you can't supply for yourself, your confidence falls to almost nothing. Unless you can find a way to compensate others for their work, it'll not improve. And so confidence isn't free.

So ya I believe confidence is earned, at least a large part of it's. I also think people can judge somewhat their own capacity and this impacts their confidence. If they feel they don't measure up well to the rest of society, they'll have low self-worth. I'm willing to agree some confidence is born or hardwired, but I think the rest is nurtured. Therefore, even a person born with the lowest amounts of confidence can still build it up by working and acquiring skills. They just have to try harder. It's kind of like a person who drinks water slower, but can still drink it. They need to.
edit on 25-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join