It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Weekly Jobless Claims Lowest Level since 1973 !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The latest U.S. jobless claims data show it's at the lowest level in more than 40 years !!!

I guess we now know for sure the big government policies are "working".

No more complaining that jobs are not there !!

Time to celebrate !!

The companies and government are solving the unemployment problems at last !!

The banks are helping too.

US weekly jobless claims total 255,000 vs 285,000 est, lowest level since 1973

The number of Americans filing new applications for unemployment benefits last week fell to its lowest level in more than 41-1/2 years, suggesting job growth remained solid despite slowing in June.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits declined 26,000 to a seasonally adjusted 255,000 for the week ended July 18, the lowest level since November 1973, the Labor Department said on Thursday.

Solid Growth !!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I can't tell if you're being facetious..

Although I don't like Obama or his admin, if those numbers are correct, I can't really imagine there's much to complain about on that job front.

Although, I wonder if they started counted those who just gave up. Cause that' probably skews the numbers in a bad way for them.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Sarcasm? I think we've determined it's because it's so hopeless people have stopped looking.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumStickNinja

90 000 000 Americans dont work

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumStickNinja

Sarcasm? I think we've determined it's because it's so hopeless people have stopped looking.

NO !!!

This is official government reporting.

The jobs MUST be there.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm not really partisan as I would have to care, but I thought this was an interesting bit of information for discussion...

That plus I know everyone is finding jobs around here again, the building industry is booming, and recovery seems to be happening.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm curious how this whole issue is counted. Since you cannot stay on unemployment forever, 26 weeks in most cases however 73 in emergency cases.

So to really think on that, how is this really the numbers?

How would anyone really know, unless they've asked everyone?

Seems like it's just happy pill fodder, might as well have the cop from southpark come out and say " everything is ok, nothing to see here " .

Our jobless rate has climbed, not fallen. Add the contracting jobs that give their workers less than a week's notice that they don't have a job, and I'm sure the rate isn't the lowest since the 70s.

You're all being lied too.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

75 per cent of the Obama jobs are part time or low income real jobs have been lost hand over fist under him and average income has declined 8 per cent(2014 probably more by now)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Lmao. Welfare recipients are the only ones in America looking for jobs aye?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Crazy.

I recently lost my job, and do not qualify for unemployment. I guess the reason less people are filing is because it's harder to qualify now?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I'm not really partisan as I would have to care, but I thought this was an interesting bit of information for discussion...

That plus I know everyone is finding jobs around here again, the building industry is booming, and recovery seems to be happening.

you do know those numbers are counted differently for each president. when the reps are in they count only one way to make them look worse,and the dems counted in a way to make i t seem they are for the people.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hiring people to make new federal posts should not be considered job creation as they are using the public's money to pay for them. But hey what's a few trillion to the deficit?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The latest U.S. jobless claims data show it's at the lowest level in more than 40 years !!!

I guess we now know for sure the big government policies are "working".

No more complaining that jobs are not there !!

Time to celebrate !!

The companies and government are solving the unemployment problems at last !!

The banks are helping too.

US weekly jobless claims total 255,000 vs 285,000 est, lowest level since 1973

The number of Americans filing new applications for unemployment benefits last week fell to its lowest level in more than 41-1/2 years, suggesting job growth remained solid despite slowing in June.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits declined 26,000 to a seasonally adjusted 255,000 for the week ended July 18, the lowest level since November 1973, the Labor Department said on Thursday.

Solid Growth !!

Yeah, if it gets any better we will have to start taking in more low-wage people from overseas and fill those positions; oh, wait….

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Astounding !!!!

How many jobs were "Lost" by each?

I seem to remember the unemployment under BushW was down to 4.4% at some point.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Ah yes toss out the big number with no context bebind it.

You are learning how to twist.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

What is the breakdown of newly created Government jobs vs. newly created Private Sector jobs?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Well at what point?

Did he inherit that it create it?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well at what point?

Did he inherit that it create it?

Late in 2006.

Right before Democrats took over Congress.

BLS graphs...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: DrumStickNinja

NO !!!

This is official government reporting.

The jobs MUST be there.

Ya $10 an hour and coming up short in hours to avoid paying Benefits. USA,USA, USA, USA, USA, USA and so on

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

But the government has ALL the solutions !!!!!

You just need to follow their instructions !!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join