It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Black Female (Kindra Chapman) Dies In Custody Hours After Being Booked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
a reply to: TrueMessiah

You're really trying to use the suicide statistics to say this woman didn't kill herself?

Come on, man... that's grasping at straws.

It just seems odd, she was all alone no one around. If she was so suicidal, she could of killed herself at anytime before
this happened, and then to off yourself over a petty theft charge, with sheets at that?

Now that said, of course she could of done this to herself, but there are many unanswered questions.

Also it is not easy to hang yourself with a sheet in a jail cell. She would of had to tie it to something, the
*towel hangers* all are on a ball joint as to if to much pressure if pulled on them, they simply limp down.
Theres no cell door handle'. the toilet is pretty much all rounded off same with the bed edges..

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

originally posted by: charolais

I dont know if anyone of you guys been in jail, but I HAVE NEVER been in jail and had a cell all alone to myself.

ESPECIALLY a holding tank has tons of poeple in it, and they do not just give you your own cell..
There is usually 4 people to a cell after you get out of the holding tank and into the general pop..

It could be a small town police station.

Heck my town only arrests on average 1-2 people a week, so you can bet those suspects are likely in a holding cell all alone.

Homewood, Alabama.. I don't know how big the county is, but wow must be nice to get a whole cell to yourself..
Just never seen it in my life. Also even if you have your own cell, they have a general space where you eat, have some sort of central television ect. your not kept in your cell all day and night so she HAD TO BE IN their with other women. SOMEWHERE

I'm sorry I was confusing a police department holding cell with a jail / holding area.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Copied from an article on AL.COM

Despite community concern that the teen's death was a result of police brutality ... video evidence of the hanging, along with witness statements, confirmed what police have said all along.

Suicide is not the right way to go. My condolences to the family and friends for the loss they will feel.

"We are so grateful for the outpouring of support for Kindra. We are devastated that she is gone, and we miss her terribly,'' according to a family statement released to AL.com this afternoon from the Birmingham law firm of Marsh, Rickard and Bryan. "We want the world to know what a wonderful soul she was. At the same time, we want the world to know that her death was a suicide. We have hired lawyers to investigate how this could have happened while she was in police custody."

She was probably very nice within her social circles and around family but this young woman was not as innocent as the media would like us to believe.

Authorities have told AL.com Chapman was arrested a couple of months ago after she was caught in a nearby apartment complex checking car doors. She tried to kick out the back window of a patrol car and also had marijuana on her. Police had also dealt with her the day before her death, but no arrest was made.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sherwood315

There you have it.

Now all the folks who were rushing to judgement will hopefully learn their lesson.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It may be rare to hear about it but suicide in jail is a huge problem. It's so huge, in fact, that part of the intake process is solely to determine a persons susceptibility to suicide.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think we should change the motto of ATS from "Deny Ignorance" to "Question the Narrative". It is more apropos and necessary these days.

edit: On topic, there is so much wild speculation about any of these cases, all of which are tragedies, but the irony of this kind of thing being posted here in Posse Comitatus, is that it pushes us toward a society with less freedom and anonymity and privacy because the answer is always more cameras, more monitoring.

The prevailing attitude being pushed is that the panopticon is not good enough, we need actual surveillance to protect us and that is just terrifying to me.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Marid Audran because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2015 by Marid Audran because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2015 by Marid Audran because: Fixed formatting

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I think you may be correct about the possibility that she was unable to hang herself. Of course I haven't had a look into the cell where she was held, though I have spent a few nights in jail over the years. Unless it was one of those hollywood set type jails that virtually don't exist anymore I can't think of any possible way this person hung herself INSIDE her cell.

On a personal note I had a friend who allegedly hung himself inside the Sumter County Jail in Bushnell,FL about 10 years ago. (Not far from the Fed Pen in Coleman,FL.) I knew a county deputy who knew a guard....long story short they refused all of his meds including his heart and anti-seizure meds, he died of a heart attack and they had to make it look good.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Teenage suicide is a new fad these days it seems. You're seeing so much angst and emotional crap coming from teens in today's world. Stress levels of today's teens seems to be at all time highs. In the age of social media, being judged by your looks and peers among other things is a very real thing.

In short, young teens today are a different breed than they were 2-3 decades ago. So it wouldn't shock me one bit if the story sounds exactly like it is: Suicide by hanging.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marid Audran
I think we should change the motto of ATS from "Deny Ignorance" to "Question the Narrative". It is more apropos and necessary these days.

edit: On topic, there is so much wild speculation about any of these cases, all of which are tragedies, but the irony of this kind of thing being posted here in Posse Comitatus, is that it pushes us toward a society with less freedom and anonymity and privacy because the answer is always more cameras, more monitoring.

The prevailing attitude being pushed is that the panopticon is not good enough, we need actual surveillance to protect us and that is just terrifying to me.

The fact is, or rather we are being told, that there is video of her actions, and it seems like the police sat on it for some time, and said nothing...not that it matters to us because no one will disclose the video, (and rightly so) because of it's nature. The next thing is why was the young girl left for so long, and not kept on watch, (she had a drug abuse problem and the police knew about her already) what is the video for then? If there is a video running, then there is a monitor showing it, and you don't need a bank of monitors either. Someone wasn't doing a simple task of observing. I do agree somewhat about the denying ignorance motto being abused by some in a STFU manner.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
If there is a video running, then there is a monitor showing it, and you don't need a bank of monitors either. Someone wasn't doing a simple task of observing.

That is not always the case. In fact, the majority of security cameras record to a DVR and no one is actively monitoring the feed.

Most are used to show what happened after an incident, not to stop the incident in progress.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: LibertyLost

I have spent a night in a cell once, and there was no sheet to keep me warm...

Yeah, me too. Especially at this time of year. I'd like to see her cell, if it has a bunk etc. If not, I don't see what the heck she hanged herself from.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I spent 3 days in a DC jail in 2001 and didn't get ANYTHING...no sheet no blanket....NOTHING except a pig face in my view and two nasty baloney sandwiches a day.....

I didn't even have SHOESTRINGS for my shoes!!!! THIS IS A COMPLETE BS story....she didn't hang herself......

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Exactly. They are pushing for only an emotional response, not a logical and reasoned response. It does work though sadly.

In regards to the Mike Brown case which kick started this whole black lives matter thing, the truth that eventually came out in multiple investigations was that the officer didn't do anything wrong. Mike Brown didn't have his hands up, and the witnesses lied about it. The Mike Brown incident should have been a relative non story compared to the many other horrible things that happen every day around the world.

Instead, it started a movement where people only use emotion to draw conclusions before any facts come out. The average person still thinks Mike Brown had his hands up and did nothing wrong.

The media is to blame and has an obvious agenda. I find it funny, sad, and ironic all at the same time when the MSM covers these mass shootings 24/7, yet can't figure out why they are happening more and more. They ask, "why do these keep happening more and more?" I want to reach through the TV, grab and shake them, and say because of YOU!

(post by DinduNuffin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I dont know if anyone of you guys been in jail, but I HAVE NEVER been in jail and had a cell all alone to myself.

ESPECIALLY a holding tank has tons of poeple in it, and they do not just give you your own cell..
There is usually 4 people to a cell after you get out of the holding tank and into the general pop..

Heck my town only arrests on average 1-2 people a week, so you can bet those suspects are likely in a holding cell all alone.

Homewood, Alabama.. I don't know how big the county is, but wow must be nice to get a whole cell to yourself..
Just never seen it in my life. Also even if you have your own cell, they have a general space where you eat, have some sort of central television ect. your not kept in your cell all day and night so she HAD TO BE IN their with other women. SOMEWHERE

Your original post said you have never been in jail, yet you keep saying you KNOW how it all works. It all depends on the jail and the circumstances. I was put in for a night once, a slap on the wrist misdemeanor. I was in my own holding cell until the next morning and then released after talking to the judge. YES you can be put in your own cell. Also, for breakfast the next morning, they slid me a tray through a slot in the door. Got to eat in it too.

DinduNuffin
edit on 24-7-2015 by DinduNuffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousRider

It may be rare to hear about it but suicide in jail is a huge problem. It's so huge, in fact, that part of the intake process is solely to determine a persons susceptibility to suicide.

If this is the case these people that did the intake for this girl needs to find a new job as they are incompetent...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais
Yep, been in the "drunk tank" a few times, cell all to myself here, not so much back when I lived in white plains NY lol. Had to fight for a space on the bench. Fun times....

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DinduNuffin

Your original post said you have never been in jail, yet you keep saying you KNOW how it all works. It all depends on the jail and the circumstances. I was put in for a night once, a slap on the wrist misdemeanor. I was in my own holding cell until the next morning and then released after talking to the judge. YES you can be put in your own cell. Also, for breakfast the next morning, they slid me a tray through a slot in the door. Got to eat in it too.

DinduNuffin

I'm glad you agree, there had to be other inmates in their with her in gen pop.!!
edit on 24-7-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

First post... Long long time lurker maybe 8 years before I signed up. Could this possibly be a martyrdom type thing? Just playing devils advocate here.
I mean how many people are killed or die everyday in this world for reasons like car accidents? With the media glomming onto situations like the OP extremely hard why wouldn't people commit suicide to attract more attention to a cause? Whatever cause that may be. I am just free writing here not really sure where I am going but it seems odd. Will suicide in a cell turn into what we are seeing in the ME? People crashing into prisons and possibly hurting others while being called a hero in certain circles..?

edit on 24-7-2015 by superlite17b because: actually my second post

edit on 24-7-2015 by superlite17b because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: superlite17b

" Could this possibly be a martyrdom type thing? Just playing devils advocate here.
I mean how many people are killed or die everyday in this world for reasons like car accidents? With the media glomming onto situations like the OP extremely hard why wouldn't people commit suicide to attract more attention to a cause? Whatever cause that may be. I am just free writing here not really sure where I am going but it seems odd. Will suicide in a cell turn into what we are seeing in the ME? People crashing into prisons and possibly hurting others while being called a hero in certain circles..? "d this possibly be a martyrdom type thing? Just playing devils advocate here.
I mean how many people are killed or die everyday in this world for reasons like car accidents? With the media glomming onto situations like the OP extremely hard why wouldn't people commit suicide to attract more attention to a cause? Whatever cause that may be. I am just free writing here not really sure where I am going but it seems odd. Will suicide in a cell turn into what we are seeing in the ME? People crashing into prisons and possibly hurting others while being called a hero in certain circles..? "

I'll think Hmmmmmmm with you on this idea....

as for the people who doubt: Yes, when I was arrested, I eventually ended up in my own cell. I am "bat $hiiiiite crazy when I am grabbed, thrown to the ground and hog tied for no reason. (i had been protesting the wars in 2001 after 9/11)

SO..I got my own cell where I got gawked at and left in a freezing cell in the middle of January in DC with nothing to keep me warm but a paper bunny suit that I literally had to beg for.....all because I started screaming and flipping out, (not hitting....but more like howling , crying and having to be drug all limp to the squad car....my hubby who was getting his ass beat told me this stuff later). I had a rough childhood and tend to go freaky when I am knocked around...too small to fight back, ya know.....

So...maybe this girl flipped out and they roughed her up....killing her...and then said...hung herself....

I DID have my own cell...my husband had a general population one......but NEITHER of us got blanket...and BOTH of us lost shoestrings....belts...anything you could hang yourself with...

just saying.

wait...did I just reveal too much about myself....oops!
edit on 7/24/2015 by Cornczech because: cause I'm blind

edit on 7/24/2015 by Cornczech because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join