It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lafayette Theater Killer Denied Concealed Carry Permit Over Mental Health Issues

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's official !!

The Lafayette Killer was not carrying a gun "Legally".

He apparently was denied a CCW because they knew about "Mental" problems.

Looks like the man disagreed with the "Authorities" on this.

Hmmm.

Lafayette Theater Killer Denied Concealed Carry Permit Over Mental Health Issues

Surprising practically no one, the man* who murdered two and wounded nine in a Lafayette, Louisiana movie theater was not legally permitted to carry a handgun due to mental health concerns:

Authorities have uncovered that Lafayette theater shooting J___ H_____ apparently had mental issues and was evicted from his Alabama home in 2013 or 2014.

Russell County Sheriff Heath Taylor told The Advocate that his office also denied H_____ a pistol permit in 2006.

“It appears he had some mental health issues,” Taylor said.

Why is it that

"Laws" keep getting ignored all the time ?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

J. H. are those his initials? Didn't Homes have the same ones? And this shooting took place almost on the same date as the Colorado one. It was also in July.

I was thinking something else on the year.

edit on 24-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Man, if only there were a few more laws for him to break, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

J. H. are those his initials? Didn't Homes have the same ones? And this shooting took place almost exactly a year after the Colorado one.

The Colorado shooting was in 2012.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: ketsuko

J. H. are those his initials? Didn't Homes have the same ones? And this shooting took place almost exactly a year after the Colorado one.

The Colorado shooting was in 2012.

Yeah, I was thinking about something else. Fixed it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
yet another tragic event involving someone who clearly should have never been granted a right to bear arms. Let me guess...mentally ill...off his meds...obtained murder weapon without a background....it is all too common.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*cough*

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So he broke the law to obtain an illegal firearm.

(sorry, undocumented)

What laws would have stopped him again?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

yet another tragic event involving someone who clearly should have never been granted a right to bear arms. Let me guess...mentally ill...off his meds...obtained murder weapon without a background....it is all too common.

*cough*

If only there was a way to differentiate the people that will eventually become murderers from the billions of folks who won't.

There isn't so your point is moot.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

(sorry, undocumented)

No law will stop an insane person from doing insane things.

I'm not sure why that's so hard for some people to grasp.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

(sorry, undocumented)

Which has been my point from the start.

Instead of making it harder for insane people to obtain firearms to cause harm, why not help the insane person instead?

Then maybe, just maybe, he won't want to buy a firearm and cause harm to others, while leaving the rest of us alone.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

They *NEED* more laws and more authoritarian enforcement !!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have the belief that the Louisiana killer was a psy-op. The man portrayed in the photos as Rusty, that's Lash, the guy who was found in a trunk in Los Angeles with all those guns at the house.

That he could have gone state to state under other identities, rolling around like a bum? Yeah.
That he got mental diagnoses so he could get pills? That's what they do.
That he had many IDs? Yeah.

And that the death of Lash was misrepresented to the public, then he scrambles cross country to kill the guy he believed did it? Sure. I mean, they said Lash was a spy, probably a spy as proficient as Terpil. And it's government. The lies in the media continue.

That they would spin it as a mental health problem? That's not equitable to the public considering the character. Cheap shots from reporters looking at mental health as the reason. The pharmaceutical investors want to sell more pills through their commercials. Then everybody who has ever had a diagnosis like "Rusty" gets the stigma for criminal character for something they never did, as if they were apostates in the psych-isis mind terror state that USA is running.
edit on 24-7-2015 by GoldenSyrup because: dunno

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You are on a ROLL today! Sometimes I agree with you, sometimes not, but today, I'm just enjoying the ride.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

(sorry, undocumented)

Which has been my point from the start.

Instead of making it harder for insane people to obtain firearms to cause harm, why not help the insane person instead?

Then maybe, just maybe, he won't want to buy a firearm and cause harm to others, while leaving the rest of us alone.

I wonder how much money is spent (in plain sight and behind the scenes) on gun control? If that money was put into the mental health system, it seems like it could help some people. Hell, even one person would be worth it wouldn't it?

I cannot understand why this aspect is pushed aside in favor of restricting legal gun owners? It's almost like there is some sort of agenda......naw, that's conspiracy hogwash.

edit on 24-7-2015 by network dude because: tried to fix quote

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Can you buy a pistol legally but then still be denied a ccw?
edit on thFri, 24 Jul 2015 12:49:12 -0500America/Chicago720151280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

*cough*

If only there was a way to differentiate the people that will eventually become murderers from the billions of folks who won't.

There isn't so your point is moot.

If they could find a way to differentiate the people that will eventually drive drunk from the many that don't….

You can let people that want to and are responsible do so protect themselves, I guess there is.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldenSyrup
I think you may have missed your medication time.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think it could he said the same about how much we spend to promote the gun culture we live in but I agree we need to spend more on help for those with mental health.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here we go again. Everyone expounding on their precious guns. The victims never matter. Sad.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Can you buy a pistol legally but then still be denies a ccw?

I imagine so.

Buy first, get it registered, and get denied later for the CCW.

"Later" like years later, well before the "psych" assessments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join