It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bison gores woman attempting selfie photo at Yellowstone park

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Bison gores woman attempting selfie photo at Yellowstone park

A Yellowstone National Park visitor was gored this week as she tried to snap a selfie photo close to one of the park's famed bison, the fifth attack on a tourist who has ignored warnings to admire the mammals from afar, officials said on Thursday.

She was the fifth Yellowstone visitor since May to be gored by one of the park's popular bison, which can weigh as much as a ton, and the third tourist seeking to take a picture of a buffalo while crowding too close.

The park's roughly 4,000 buffalo are generally uninterested in the activities of visitors while seeking prime grazing lands that can be close to hiking trails, roads, buildings and parking lots, leading some tourists to incorrectly conclude that the shaggy, hump-backed creatures are approachable, she said.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Sounds like natural selection at work, if you ask me...

Edit: Never mind....

The 43-year-old Mississippi woman and her daughter were standing with their back to a bison when it charged on Tuesday, tossing her into the air and inflicting minor injuries, Yellowstone spokeswoman Amy Bartlett said.

How does that qualify as being 'gored'?
edit on 7/24/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: fshrrex

the fifth attack on a tourist who has ignored warnings to admire the mammals from afar

Stupid people do stupid things , hope the bison wasn't destroyed for her stupidity.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I'm 36 years old. Throughout my life I've not only read that it's dangerous to be close to wild animals like that, I also paid attention in school to know why it's dangerous. I honestly do not get how a 44 year old can think it would be safe to get really close to a buffalo for a selfie of all things.

Once when I was younger, a customer where I was working told me about a book they read regarding things like this at Yellowstone. Not sure if this is true or not, but one story they told me is that a family saw a bear near their car. Now if it was me, I would admire it from afar, and possibly drive off if it got too close. What does this family do?? They decided to smear honey all over their babies face, in hopes to get a picture of the bear licking honey off of their child's face. Apparently the bear did more than just lick the poor kid.

The customer finished the story by telling me the child did live, but has some bad scars to live with now. But thankfully, the mother got charged, and the kid is now living with his grandparents.

Wtf is wrong with people?? >_

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
These people vote...........

Just sayin........

also , Thanks Darwin

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
anything for that selfie so you can build a virtual life that will seem way more fun than your actual life is
i mean who needs to enjoy the view of a magnificent animal when you can take a selfie you will probably only ever look at twice

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

See! Nature hates the selfie!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

"A stupid is, A stupid does!"

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Horn broke the skin...?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

...for Obama, sadly.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah2

...for Obama, sadly.

We can't even read a story about some idiot and a bison without someone trying to make a partisan political jab at Obama and the Left?

You guys sure are special......

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Too bad she wasn't removed from the gene-pool.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I read the title and thought, "Gee, did the bison make the woman buy carbon credits?"

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bovah2

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure they voted Republican, and continue to do so!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Bovah2

...for Obama, sadly.

We can't even read a story about some idiot and a bison without someone trying to make a partisan political jab at Obama and the Left?

You guys sure are special......

And you can't take a joke.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No the bison did not, however, Al Gore was ambulance chasing in the area and closed the deal in the ER room.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I guess she caught his bad side and he thoroughly objected. Good for him, these selfie nuts are annoying, I think they all need to get gored by something!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Wow. What a dumba$$. They just had another story of another idiot that got bit by a rattlesnake trying to take a selfie with it.

This selfie madness must stop.
No offense, but everytime I see someone with a selfie stick, i want to hit them with it. Grrr !!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I agree...but it is not quite UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I hope the poor woman isn't permanently scarred by this.

I'm replying because I just can't take reading the responses here without commenting. The woman was evidently struck by a wild animal while miscalculating the dangers involved. Sure, not the greatest of ideas, but how can so many people show such wanton disregard for a fellow human being? This is sad beyond measure to me. Not so much about the woman being hurt, which is sad, but virtually no compassion from most ATS members. I have got to stop coming here, the place is saturated with uncaring attitudes. Our CREATOR already knows that I plan on telling HIM/HER that I am concerned about you all.
Man, we're screwed.

<<   2  3 >>

join