It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Clown Trespasses At Chicago Cemetery, In Dead Of Night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is fun.
Apparently, there is some new 'Fad', where people in clown suits are breaking into cemeteries at night.
I suppose among odd things to do, this one is relatively harmless.
Who are these people and why are they doing this all over the country?

BS) — Creepy clowns running around cemeteries and city streets scaring people.
There have been reports around the country – and now here in Chicago, too.

CBS 2’s Dave Savini talks with a Chicagoan who had a close encounter with a nocturnal clown earlier this month.
The cell phone video tells it all: a person dressed in a clown suit, trespassing at historic Rosehill Cemetery in the dead of night.
Julia Graham says she was “freaked out” at the figure as it ran toward the main gate. She and her husband were driving by around 10 p.m.

“When we get closer, we realize it’s a clown, which is super weird,” she says.
The first picture her husband snapped was of the clown scaling the 7-foot-tall gate at the Ravenswood Avenue entrance. That feat is no easy task, especially for someone wearing a clown suit.

“I mean, this was somebody putting forth a lot of effort — and being really weird,” Graham says.
The North Side cemetery was clearly closed and locked for the night. Officials don’t know what to make of it because other than the trespass there were no complaints of vandalism.
It got weirder. When Julia and her husband hung around to get a better look, the clown was not deterred or afraid. He waved slowly at the couple.

Incidents like this one aren’t isolated. A video of creepy clowns surprising people on the streets of California went viral last year.
In New York, a clown was seen making a daytime excursion last year while holding some balloons.
“Oh, that’s super weird,” says Graham, when shown the New York video. “That is like making light of a cemetery.”
Eventually, the clown caught in the headlights of Graham’s car turns around and, without saying a word, takes off into the darkness of the cemetery.

“I just think it’s creepy and wrong,” Graham says.
Chicago police say there have been no other bizarre clown sightings.

chicago.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

What makes you think this is happening "all over the country"?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

From the first paragraph of the news story...as well as the video in the article.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The first picture her husband snapped was of the clown scaling the 7-foot-tall gate at the Ravenswood Avenue entrance. That feat is no easy task, especially for someone wearing a clown suit.

Indeed; I can see how the gigantic bulbous shoes may present problems.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Whats far more disturbing to me is that US TV stations have nothing other to do then
reporting clowns on cemetries.
I think there are much more important issues to talk about.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I lived on the same street as John Gacey (sp?) when I was a kid and clowns bother me. Not a run away creep out way, more of a beat the tar out of them, feeling.

I'd have chased that creepy basted down.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Maybe the media needed to take a break from reporting on all the clowns in Washington.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Sounds like Juggalo's being playful

Juggalo's

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess

Juggalo's

I never heard of that. Weird.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Juggalo's

I fancied a few ICP songs back in the day but never really considered myself a Juggalo or Juggalette for that matter though. No offense to Juggalo's either by the way they are usually very misunderstood by most folks because of their often outlandish appearance. They are generally pretty decent people with maybe a bit of a dark sense of humor.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Juggalo's

I fancied a few ICP songs back in the day but never really considered myself a Juggalo or Juggalette for that matter though. No offense to Juggalo's either by the way they are usually very misunderstood by most folks because of their often outlandish appearance. They are generally pretty decent people with maybe a bit of a dark sense of humor.

My daughter told me that ICP had a racist message. Is that true?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
"" Creepy Clown Trespasses At Chicago Cemetery, In Dead Of Night ""

The inside info is the clown disguises are being used by special census agencies.

This is how they do new voter registration drives in Cook County.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Juggalo's

My daughter told me that ICP had a racist message. Is that true?

From what I understand they were always anti bigots as well as snobs or "richie's" as they called them. From my experience Juggalo's are accepting of all people though they are usually but not always white. I also want to say that I am not directly saying that person's that refer to themselves as Juggalo's are doing this but rather it is something that seems like a thing a Juggalo would do as a prank.
edit on CDTFri, 24 Jul 2015 09:09:12 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago24-05:00Fri, 24 Jul 2015 09:09:12 -050009 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Clowns are so ridiculous....I am so confused why people are scared of them....
John Wayne Gacy was a scary dude but he was a pedophile....as an adult, i don't get being scared of clowns.
I'm pretty sure most guys that can do damage don't grow up to be clowns...I'm not saying I'm Rocky but that I could take most middle aged men who are dressed up like clowns...
Plus I'm a Texan and have guns...so there's that.
-Christosterone

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

What makes YOU immediately jump in and bash every thread that comes down the line?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Well, the clown in the video runs like a girl...or maybe it the shoes.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Clowns are so ridiculous....I am so confused why people are scared of them....
John Wayne Gacy was a scary dude but he was a pedophile....as an adult, i don't get being scared of clowns.
I'm pretty sure most guys that can do damage don't grow up to be clowns...I'm not saying I'm Rocky but that I could take most middle aged men who are dressed up like clowns...
Plus I'm a Texan and have guns...so there's that.
-Christosterone

Then you sir have never seen Killer Clowns From outer space.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There are stories relating clowns to the black death, it seems that they were used to entertain people who were dying and the red cheeks and red lips were used to signify the symptoms of the plague. Some say a fear of clowns may come from this racial memory.

Anyway I remembered this story from some time back and did a google.

I know, Daily mail is a rag, but still.

Clown freakiness

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Did you watch the video???? It states it has happened in allot of places not just Chicago. Derp! Pay attention! There is even video of it happening other places. Right there in the link.
edit on 24-7-2015 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

However this case happened at 10pm not "the dead of night" as the OP states.
edit on 24-7-2015 by kurthall because: Added

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Or Clownhouse.

Clown are creepy, I think, because they're fake and essentially masked: they put on the happy colorful air, but we don't know what they're really about. Can't trust a clown.

I know if I saw a clown running at me in the dead of night in or from a cemetery, I'd probably be pretty freaked out.

Hell, any clown in the middle of the night, unless it was a nighttime festival or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join