It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we losing a whole generation to ice . A south Australian story .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I posted here because ice is a pandemic .
Now let me start by saying that ice is not a uniquely South Australian problem , it seems to be a western world problem and without researching maybe a world problem , and if not now maybe soon . It is a hideous drug and we seem to be losing our youth to it , not just our youth but people of all age groups . It worries me , i am a parent and although i am sure my eldest two are not taking drugs (random drug testing ) my youngest is still at school and at an age where he is just getting into contact with drugs . Sadly i am almost positive he will be exposed at some time and myself as a parent have to be 200% aware of what to look for . He is at a mates place as i type and i hope his parents are as vigilant as me . But i digress , the reason i started this thread was something that happened at work today . Now let me say i am not a doctor or a drug councillor , so i am basically assuming , but to give you an idea if you look at pics 3 and 4 you get an idea .

These people were walking towards me with a baby in a pram and about a 2 year old in a shopping cart and when confronted with walking through a low spot full of mud or walking around on the even ground they chose the mud . The young lady got stuck and her male other violently launched into her ranting about leverage etc then followed a got stuck himself . It was never funny it was sad . The young lady i could tell once upon a time would have been more than pretty but soulless eyes and being 20 plus pounds underweight has long ago lost that beauty . The young man showing a quick temper and also looking thin had already gone down that track as well . And then there was the little kids . Well looked after i hope for they could be the silent victims , i hope not . And why do i write this , i am sad , and scared , and more than a little concerned for our young people , my own included . What is the answer , i don't know i really don't . Mandatory 30 year gaol sentences for those caught making or dealing , sure , but i suspect only the little men would do that time . Any suggestions , anyone . A short video for anyone that has not come into contact or experienced this evil drug . An evil drug made by evil people who target our most vulnerable .
cdn.video.todaytonightadelaide.com.au...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Watch out, once heavy drugs are in the driving seat, you are just a passenger along for the ride.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
www.rehabs.com...-9KK0
Here are some more disturbing pictures

Drugs are bad

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Goldenwilys

Here are some more disturbing pictures

Sadly i see these pictures regularly , god knows what the police and ambos see .

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I read about this on the net, seems humans will always find new and old ways of destroying them selfs. Life goes on the strong survive the weak die. Perhaps since man kind has stopped Evolution from "adjusting" the gene pool by keeping sick, old, and injured alive evolution has turned to drugs to get ride of the weaker genes.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Now let me start by saying that ice is not a uniquely South Australian problem ,
it seems to be a western world problem and without researching maybe a world
problem , and if not now maybe soon .

Definitely a global problem , with enormous fallout for public health costs .
There is so much of the drug ice in the town of Wellington, in central NSW,
that it has earned the unenviable nickname of "The South Pole".
www.abc.net.au...
amphetamines.com...
a Romanian chemist synthetically created the drug in 1887.
The potentially deadly consequences of using amphetamines to stay awake
, open bronchial passageways or otherwise treat certain health conditions is
far greater than was once believed and therefor, amphetamines are no longer
widely used in the medical field.
Chronic abuse produces a mental psychosis similar to schizophrenia characterized by:
Paranoia
Picking at the skin
Preoccupation with one's own thoughts
Auditory and visual hallucinations
Violent and erratic behavior
"Tweaking", the most dangerous stage of the binge cycle in which the abuser has
not slept in three to 15 days and is irritable and paranoid.
The tweaker has an intense craving for more meth. However, no dosage will help
recreate the euphoric high.
This results in:
Frustration
Unpredictable behavior
Potential for violence
Potential for overdose, which can result in death!
www.pamf.org...

So ,you're not alone , ...
these days I cross the street ,
rather than get too close !
ZOMBIES !!!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Yes i read the Wellington thing as well , but it is just not Wellington . Country towns across our country are hurting , and it has got to stop . How . Personally i would pay extra tax , IF , i knew it would all go to where it is supposed to / Treatment and prevention .

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

What is the answer , i don't know i really don't . Mandatory 30 year gaol sentences for those caught making or dealing , sure , but i suspect only the little men would do that time .

Yeah, because a tough on crime tactic has just proven 'so' successful in taking drugs off the street, right?

To fix the drug problem and take away the power from organized crime... weed, hallucinogens and ecstasy need to be totally legalized. Then all the hard & highly addictive drugs should be allowed to be prescribed by doctors for the purpose of treating addiction.

To easy, problem solved.... next question!!!

On another note, personally I think the msm and government are totally over exaggerating the so called ice epidemic. Hard drug use has been a huge problem with young people ever since I've inhabited this earth. Back when I was growing up in the suburbs of Melbourne in the 90's it was smack that was the problem.... it was absolutely everywhere and damn near easier to obtain than even weed in some cases.

Then the government & police cracked down on it big time and use dropped significantly, they then all praised the brilliant job they did by using law enforcement to take smack off the streets. Only problem was, they didn't do a single thing to reduce hard drug use. Because as the use of smack reduced, the use of Ice become out of control.

Its called the sausage effect, squeeze it at one end and it will just come out the other side.

Except now, they have a far worse problem on there hands, because meth is far more socially excepted than smack and users don't necessarily have the taboo of being a 'junkie'. Which obviously means kids are more likely to get hooked to it.

Police and government do more damage than the actual drug dealers, though there feeble minded 'war on drugs' tactics.

How stupid would a person need to be to still think prohibition helps prevent drug use?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

When the Netherlands makes ice legal i might be convinced .

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

It has worked in Portugal

Portugal

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Why the Netherlands?

Cannabis isn't even actually legal there (despite common belief), since it would be against international law. They just tolerate up to 5 grams and turn a blind eye to coffee shops. Ironically, the growers who supply the coffee shops are completely illegal.

Holland isn't some druggies paradise where most drugs are legal, they just have a far more common sense harm minimization policy to drug use. Which has actually paid off, since they have a lower rate of overall drug use than there European neighbours who have a stricter law enforcement approach. Holland also has half the amount of drug use as the 'war on drugs' obsessed Anglo countries.

A harm minimization policy is the most effective way to deal with drug abuse. A law enforcement policy just makes the problem worse. That's a proven fact.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well let me tell you straight from the horses mouth....you have absolutely no idea how bad this drug is.

I am a front-line health worker. I am so very very afraid of what this drug is doing. I hope this doesn't sound heartless, but the bad and evil thing about this drug is when you overdose...you don't kill yourself, but you are likely to kill someone else. For the last 2 years now it has exploded in popularity. We were only discussing this the other day. Does the series "breaking bad" have anything to do with the explosion of this drug ??? who knows.

Its cheap to make and so so addictive it just keeps the ole customers coming back and back and back for more.

I have seen people on this bite through plastic restraints. I have seen doses of drugs large enough to put a bull elephant to sleep not enough for someone on ice.

This is without a doubt...the greatest crisis facing this country. I don't know the answer. I do know that its mostly the bikies and middle eastern crime gangs making the most money out of this drug.

This is like nothing else we have ever seen before involving drugs. Dont delude yourself that its not.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

Worry not there will soon be a even more destructive drug on the market, and that does make me sad.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Has the Russian drug Crocodile got there yet

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

I think only the Russian are crazy enough for that!
edit on 24-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: imod02

I think only the Russian are dumb enough for that!

We live in hope that it does not spread out of Russia, but I remember there have been cases in the US. For any one who does not know what we are talking about. www.narconon.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A cabal of international drug dealers are strategically targeting lower, middle, and upper class communities, flooding them with coc aine, heroin, meth, ecstasy, you name it. Legions of enslaved addicts slowly end up losing everything – their dignity, mental health, physical health, career, savings, family, home and property, before finally dying.

It's time people begin taking the fight, straight to these greedy self-serving bastards.

Mike Ruppert, a former LAPD narcotics detective, shed light on one of the global “ruling elites” social engineering projects known as America's “war on drugs!”

So when you hear the term "War on Drugs"...

Well, it's not a War on Drugs. It's a War on People. Consider this: Joseph McNamara, a former chief of San Jose from the Hoover Institute at Stanford University, published some really telling figures. In 1972, when Richard Nixon started the War on Drugs, the annual federal budget allocation was 110 million dollars a year for enforcement. In fiscal year 2000, 28 years later, the budget allocation was 17 billion dollars a year, and yet, in the year 2000, there are more drugs in this country, they are cheaper, and they are more potent than they were in 1972. That has to tell you that there's some other agenda going on here.

Source: www.whale.to...

edit on 24-7-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Trust you Children, make home the best place in the world to hang out and feel free to be the creative and lively hope for the future. Be strong and get rid of any friends that you know will be a bad influence. Love, listen and trust.

Be honest and talk to them, let them make the right choices in their lives and they will.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm thinking that ice is what we in the US call meth. It's a terrible drug that destroys a person quickly. I'm hoping they are teaching the children about the dangers of this drug. Vanity can be a great motivator. It's also a drug you would kill your grandmother for money to get more. It changes the person's whole psyche and it's super addictive. It's sad to see the lives so completely ruined. It's easy to spot a person who had a meth addiction because it changes the facial structure, destroys the gums and teeth all rather quickly. As far as a whole generation, I'm not seeing it.

But I just did a quick search, yes, the same drug.

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime estimated the worldwide production of amphetamine-type stimulants, which includes methamphetamine, at nearly 500 metric tons a year, with 24.7 million abusers.

The United States government reported in 2008 that approximately 13 million people over the age of 12 have used methamphetamine—and 529,000 of those are regular users. www.drugfreeworld.org...

There is obviously a serious problem. I feel bad for children born into serious drug and alcohol addiction families.

In fact tweaker face is a well known term. And here's another picture:

If you ever needed a good excuse not to do meth, take a look at Tiffany, a 25-year-old crystal meth user featured on last night's Intervention. She insists that she does not have an addiction ("I can stop when I want") despite the fact that she lost custody of her son, has no job, was arrested 20 times on drug-related charges, is living with her grandparents because her parents don't want to deal with her because she stabbed her stepfather in the stomach, and has a very, very serious tweaker face. It's almost unbearable to look at.

Tiffany's family tried to put together an intervention, but her grandparents were such enablers that they told her about the pre-intervention meeting and #ed the entire thing up. A last-ditch effort was made to intervene outside of the courthouse where Tiffany was to make an appearance to answer for one of her drug charges, but she went into a rage, flipped out, head-butted her mother, and insisted that she doesn't do drugs. jezebel.com...

The link shows a short video. If you read any information from parents who have posted about the mental transformation of their children, they can tell you their children went from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde almost overnight.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalomar

It has worked in Portugal

Portugal

Legalise all drugs !!!
Portugals experience can only be termed as very successful, it shows that handling drugs as a health issue
is the only way to go, sure there will always be % of people who will become addicted to one substance or another, but making it a health issue rather then law enforcement totally takes the excitement out of doing something just because it is illegal, education and honesty
is all it needs to keep young people from making serious mistakes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join