It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ouija board ??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: VincentG

You should stay away from ouija boards and get rid of any in your home.

I grew up in a house with paranormal activity, everything from hangers being thrown across the room when nobody else was home, strange knocks, TV turning on/off and volume turning all the way up by itself, lights turning on and off, the list goes on.. When I experimented with the Ouija board I asked if there were any specific colors of candles which made it easier for the spirit to communicate, the spelled "white" so I lit a dark red votive and asked the spirit to put it out, within about 10 seconds the flame went out cold while the white remained lit. I tossed out the board and bought a new one years later, I would sound crazy if I continued explaining how that experience went, but long story short I ended up burning the entire box containing the board and plastic thingey-ma-bobber what you put your hands on.

This isn't a toy, I don't have to wonder because I know and I would strongly discourage anyone from messing with such a "toy".

~NWD

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I've known people who have done Ouija boards before. They did it for a laugh, but when the lights started flicking they stopped. Scared the hell out of them enough to burn the board in a field near by.
It depends how sensitive you are to these types of things. I see & hear things all the time, but my brother doesn't. If I tried a Ouija board I'm confident I would see something happen.
edit on Fri, 24 Jul 2015 13:34:53 -0500011572015000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

Qhy would it make the lights flicker? Because it gives the proper mood to movies?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Do an ATS search on ouija,
you should find plenty of reading material and many opinions for and against.

My own opinion, it is a tool, and like many tools, it all depends on who is using it, and why they are using it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I used a few different ouija boards for a few years-high school into college. After asking all the silly stuff (when I am going to die, when am i going to get married, how many children) we had heard from someone else that each board has a spirit associated with it. We started asking about the spirits. My friend's board claimed he was Thomas Jefferson. Her board was pretty tame. My board, however, was different. He provided his name and said he was a german spy who was captured by US soldiers during WW2. He hated all Americans. Details about his age when he died, where, things like that. Asked him how he become associated with this specific board and he told us that every board is a spirit that has been possessed by the devil. we asked how he came to be possessed (i'll leave the details of that part out). He asked us to leave him alone because he was not at rest and every time we talked with him it made him more agitated. We agreed. This was high school. 10th grade.

I took the board to college because I wanted to protect the spirit. This was three years later and when people on my dorm floor found out I had it, they asked if they could try it out. I didn't want to sound crazy and say no-I promised the spirit, so I let them use it when I was around. I hadn't told them about what the spirit had told me, they wanted to know about future events and past lives. We brought it out just about every day and asked it questions. We quickly went from two people on the planchette, to one with her eyes closed stating the question out loud. Then the asker didn't say the question out loud or touch the planchette-just held the board on her lap. A person behind her would write down the answer without knowing what the question was. It freaked a couple of girls out, so they stopped. A couple of others became even more intrigued and since they weren't asking about the spirit's life directly, I didn't think it would upset him too much. Well, it did. The planchette was moving on it's own without anyone touching it or asking a question out loud. If we continued more than about 15 minutes, the planchette would move very violently around the board. One time someone had asked why he was so angry and he spelled out, "I told you to stop asking me questions!" very forcibly and then the planchette flew off the board and into the wall. The board was put away since then, I still have it hidden. I won't burn it because the spirit asked me not to. But I'm not sure how to get rid of it to insure he is never bothered again.

My sister has had similar experiences. There was five us in the room when the planchette flew off the board into the wall.

I won't go near one, and I strongly encourage others not to go near one for their own safety. I'm sure some think I'm nuts, and will try it out anyway. Mine is very strong and I have kept my promise not to open the box since 1979. I take my promise to the spirit very seriously.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

If its real, you are endangering your self and your soul. If its not real, its a waste of time. A lose lose. At least Scrabble might be good for your vocabulary and spelling.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I've used an Ouija board before and it was cool and i was not afraid.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Pat8728323

Hi Pat, welcome to ATS. I wasn't scared either, while we were using it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

well, i've done it and keep doing it. im sure its us moving the planchette but on two occasions its left me scratching my head. i was supposedly talking to zozo, i asked who killed Marilyn Monroe, it said kennedy, i said yeah i know it was a kennedy but which one, it said jack, so i thought oh jfk must have a brother called jack, i'll look it up later and left it at that. so i remembered and googled 'jack kennedy' and lo and behold in the right hand corner that jfk (john) was commonly known and called jack! well i never knew this and it really knocked me for six, of all the things i've read about jfk, never did i know that!

and the 2nd time i was supposedly talking to mama (zozo's mother) who said 'if you are a human, call a priest) and im sure that one never came from me.

i keep doing the board and im still puzzled about that jfk one. other than that i reckon its us moving it but then, could it be....?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What happens when you blindfold the players?

Nothing. Because it's all BS.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
oh and another, when i first started using it, for a few weeks i thought i was talking to a good friend and decided to do a few checks as i remembered i had a picture of his gravestone, the answers the board gave me were wrong, i confronted the 'spirit' and the reply was 'damn'! it owned up to be someone called 'alan' and a while after that owned up to be 'zozo'.

come to think of it theres been a few other occasions where i've used it before that and the answers just didn't come from me, they couldn't have. i tried it the very first time with my son and it started moving and i asked him if he was moving it and he sid no, he asked me if i was moving it and i said no and with that he took his fingers off left the room and vowed never to touch one again. its weird. its certainly a head f****r!

i haven't yet had anything happen in my home (touch wood) but i do believe in the afterlife, after years of doing evp the dead are still alive and do talk.
edit on 17Sunday35ppAmerica/Chicago93517 by slippeddisc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Intentions and the setting are just important as the board itself. It'll work for those who put the effort into doing it right.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

HI,

Yes I have used a ouiji board several times. But saturday was the worst we were talking to a spirit and it was saying horrible things. When it came to the time to say goodbye it kept saying no so we tried to force it to goodbye no luck. It took 3 of us usinig both hands to move it to goodbye.

Has anyone else experience this ?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I dabbled in EVP for awhile never used a Quija Board, but one thing I was taught by someone when I first started doing EVP and that I later tested myself was that spirits can often hear and see our thoughts. My mentor so to speak with EVP, had me try a test, during a recording session, think of a number between 1 and 10 and ask the spirits to say what I was thinking of, they got it right 100% of the time, so it gives you something to think about when using things like a Quija Board or any form of spirit communication where you think you might be making contact with a particular person. Obviously our minds are going to think of the answer to the questions we ask, so whatever spirit is present is going to see this.....just saying, it makes for alot of vulnerability to being deceived.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join