It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Cataracts Can Be Removed With Eyedrops!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Need I say any more? The advances in medical technology never fail to astound me.

www.iflscience.com...

“We went on to test the effect of the eye drops in dogs with cataracts. We gave them eye drops twice a day for six weeks and found it had reduced the effect of cataract severity,” Zhang explains to IFLScience.

Is this a revolutionary change in the treating of cataracts?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Tenebris

Oh, i thought of my dog, maybe it was intended for humans

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wacco

Well, they have tested them on dogs and it worked for them too.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
just posting so I have a bookmark. I have a neighbor who is going to get surgery very soon for cataracts and I would like to pass this info on to him...

thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
does that mean no more medical marijuana prescriptions?!?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tenebris
Need I say any more? The advances in medical technology never fail to astound me.

www.iflscience.com...

“We went on to test the effect of the eye drops in dogs with cataracts. We gave them eye drops twice a day for six weeks and found it had reduced the effect of cataract severity,” Zhang explains to IFLScience.

Is this a revolutionary change in the treating of cataracts?

Is this the same company that created seaweed that tasted like.................BACON!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Let's hope it actually becomes available, and affordable to people that need it. They wouldn't want to lose the all of the money made from the surgeons that "fix" the problem after all!

I want to see a cure for type 1 diabetes, that doesn't have the side effect of killing people in the long-run. I would like to see science curing people of things, but I can only count a very few diseases have been cured rather than bandaged them with drugs that are laden with toxic substances and lethal side effects to "treat" the illness. Let's hope that the love of humanity will overpower the greed...

Edit: It doesn't sound like a cure from the way the article is written, but it could help people. I wonder how long the medical trials and approval will take. I wonder what will be added to it before it is produced, and if it will have negative side effects once it hits the mainstream (if it ever does?).
edit on 7/24/2015 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'm digging it

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hopefully this'll become standard by the time I'll need it.

On the other hand, I hope by that time that I can get cyborg eyes that can see ultraviolet and infrared.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There are drops on the market that actually might work for either dogs or people, with n-acetyl carnosine as the active ingredient. You can find them on the web as "Can-C" eye drops. Pricey though.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I had both my eyes done, drops may of been a slightly more pleasant alternative..it must do something to break down the calcium that finds itself in your lens.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It's probably some time away from becoming common-place, but it's certainly a breakthrough.

And yes, I can't remember the name of the chemical but the eye-drops cause it to break down.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Tenebris
Very cool. Would become more useful as I think were likely to experience a lot more people with cataracts as our environment and ecology changes a bit in the near future.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
The article says theu need a solution where several ingredients work together. I think that would includd cannabis.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I had both my eyes done, drops may of been a slightly more pleasant alternative..it must do something to break down the calcium that finds itself in your lens.

The Acetic acid in Apple cider vinegar, act like a cleaner and breaks down dead calcium in the human body . It might be a good alternative for cataracts . It certainly dissolves the build-up of crap on the walls of the circulatory system.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Jul 15th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join